Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 116 posts ] 
food?
nom nom  27%  [ 10 ]
:food:  73%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Re: sock's den (everyone is welcome!) (new)
Posted: Jan 16th, '21, 22:05    

Moi

Hugs: 328502
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Yeah, I think a bell would drive me nuts too 8u
My Kiri mostly just napped because she was really old. But she'd get in places where I couldn't find her and I'd call her and she wouldn't budge >8u

Sabre is black and sometimes all I see is eyeballs at night xD

(1) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Jan 19th, '21, 05:35    

jundere

Hugs: 8451
Mood: lovey dovey
Spoiler: introduction!
• Name: jun
• Pronouns: she/her
• Likes: art (ocs, cute avas), anime (mostly sports, idol, shounen.. I haven't watched anything new in a looong time though haha)
• Dislikes: feeling cluttered or crowded

helloo! I was very happy to open this thread and see all the cute kitties TvT definitely made my day! my own cat is kind of grumpy and he doesn't photograph well qwq

there's this thing that cats do where they hide, ignore you and then watch you frantically find them;; once my cat was sleeping in the recycle and I couldn't find him anywhere, but I constantly ran back and forth in front of the recycle and he didn't meow a word. just watched as I tried to find him lmaoo

in the end he just came out of hiding, stretched and demanded to be fed T w T

(1) (0)

Posted: Jan 20th, '21, 02:40    

Moi

Welcome to the thread :D
I'm always curious about pharmacies.
Is being in one fun :3

I see all these pet photos people have online and it's so hard to get one good one of all mine xD

My Momo was so sweet and lovable the other day. Then I tried to pet her last night and she hissed at me >Bu
Then demanded more treats after hissing at me >Bu
Cats can be such buttholes <<

>XD
That sounds like an average day in owning a cat Bu

(1) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jan 20th, '21, 09:44    

jundere

Thank you! ^^ glad to be here!

Being in a community pharmacy is pretty close to being in any retail job haha.. if you're not working register though, you're in the back counting pills and picking up endless phone calls! gotta have that customer service voice on 24/7 ;v; pill counting is satisfying though but not when there are screaming patients on the other side of the counter;;

cats are all tsunderes, I swear T w T;; they want your attention, but as soon as you give it, they run off! hopefully Momo will have one of her lovey dovey days again :qh:

speaking of cats, does anyone have advice on what to do for a fast eating cat? ;w; I've tried one of those slow-down-their-eating bowls but it doesn't work on my grandpa kitty here;;

(1) (0)

Posted: Jan 20th, '21, 22:07    

Moi

>XD
Yeah, screaming patients doesn't sound very fun 8u;
I take medications so I have to go to the pharmacy a lot.
I always try to look past the person helping me just to see what goes on in the back xD;

I got her some salmon treats and she was meowing at me cutely.
Then I said "Do you love me 8u?" and she meowed something along the lines of "Meh..."

I have no idea how to help you with that. I've never seen a cat eat fast o_O
My dog eats stuff pretty fast sometimes. I don't think he chews it at all >>

(1) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jan 21st, '21, 00:31    

Focsie

Hugs: 27417
Mood: stuck in a 90s fever dream
jundere wrote:
Spoiler: introduction!
• Name: jun
• Pronouns: she/her
• Likes: art (ocs, cute avas), anime (mostly sports, idol, shounen.. I haven't watched anything new in a looong time though haha)
• Dislikes: feeling cluttered or crowded

helloo! I was very happy to open this thread and see all the cute kitties TvT definitely made my day! my own cat is kind of grumpy and he doesn't photograph well qwq
hii and welcome to the den!! hope you'll enjoy your stay~
i'd give you a cookie if that was possible (and if i wasn't a terrible cook :mcsweat: )
we'll have more cute cat pics coming up then! i managed to take a couple of photos at kenma's black cat during the holidays, i think she likes me now! :mclaugh:
and i kind of gave up on the whole adopting a cat thing for a while, since i can't really afford it, i think maybe i should catsit for other people! does anyone have experience with that? i know lots of people often look for someone to play with and feed their cats while they're at work or vacation and i might be the perfect person to do that since i don't really see my parents anymore, i mostly just stay at home during holidays.
i'm just scared that it could be harder then it sounds :mcheh:
Moi wrote: I have no idea how to help you with that. I've never seen a cat eat fast o_O
the cat i had too looked like he didn't chew at all!! especially when he was hungry or got fancy food. well he's not a dog haha what kind of helped was giving him a little at a time, just taking 5 minutes to feed him, i was too scared he would throw up if he ate so quickly :mcsad:

(1) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...
I knew that you would leave the forest someday, Link...
Because you are different from me and my friends....
But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we?"
| knuffel | quesᴛ ʟog | ʙazaar |
come hang out with us in sock's den! ♥️

Posted: Jan 21st, '21, 00:40    

kenma

Hugs: 20635
Mood: obsessed with genshin lore
jundere wrote:helloo! I was very happy to open this thread and see all the cute kitties TvT definitely made my day! my own cat is kind of grumpy and he doesn't photograph well qwq
hello! welcome to this thread i hope you'll enjoy our company!! i'm really glad you liked our cats and i'm glad you joined! i was afraid no one would else join at this point! :mcgloom:
jundere wrote: speaking of cats, does anyone have advice on what to do for a fast eating cat? ;w; I've tried one of those slow-down-their-eating bowls but it doesn't work on my grandpa kitty here;;
honestly i've never had problems with my cat eating too fast. once in a while she would do the thing where she wouldn't chew her food for some reason but it never lasted for a long time. if you hadn't said that they didn't work i would have suggested those bowls. maybe try to ask your vet i'm sure they'll have some advice. i wonder if giving smaller, more frequent portions of food would help? maybe if he had to wait until his next portion he'd learn to save his food. he may be pissed at first (my kitty was when we did it to her when she was becoming too fat lol) but it may work!
jundere wrote:Being in a community pharmacy is pretty close to being in any retail job haha.. if you're not working register though, you're in the back counting pills and picking up endless phone calls! gotta have that customer service voice on 24/7 ;v; pill counting is satisfying though but not when there are screaming patients on the other side of the counter;;
well apart from the screaming patients that job sounds so nice. i watched some pill sorting videos on tiktok and they are so satisfying nfesduow although i do find it kind of weird since here in europe they usually all come pre-packaged and as far as i know the pharmacists only take care of sales, ordering pills for you if they don't have them already in the pharmacy and stuff like that.
Moi wrote:Sabre is black and sometimes all I see is eyeballs at night xD
don't get me started on that, i got scared so many times when waking up with something straddling me just to see nothing but a pair of eyes staring at me. :mcsweat:
Moi wrote:I take medications so I have to go to the pharmacy a lot.
I always try to look past the person helping me just to see what goes on in the back xD;
honestly same!! i'm always so curious about this stuff, i can't help it. it's so frustrating when they go around the back to find your prescription. i wanna see!! show me what you got there mr dr sir!!

well anyways!! i will go to sleep now, since it's getting pretty late and exam season is making me exhausted! sorry for my late reply to all of you! i'll probably vanish again for some time. i'm sorry if you see me hanging around in the avatar forum and not responding here. sometimes i'm just too burned out and log in to play some forum games and stuff. but i'll try to pop up as often as possible until i finish my exams.

(0) (0)
come hangout with me: sock's den
knuffel * personal quests * official quest log * genshin UID 718962443

looking for 1 x darkness potion

❝I'm not very good with people, and I don't want to interact with them. And yet I'm very concerned about what others think of me.❞ - kozume kenma.

Posted: Jan 21st, '21, 03:30    

Moi

Saphira: My Momo used to throw up when she'd eat and my mom would say she was eating too fast because she thought another cat would steal her food...but it's not like my dog who just inhales stuff.

kenma: >XD
I couldn't imagine waking up to floating eyeballs 8,u

They have these neat bottles on the shelves full of pills.
Kinda reminds me of those bottles with the vegetables and fruits preserved in them 8u

It's okay and understandable :3

(1) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jan 21st, '21, 07:39    

jundere

Moi wrote:
>XD
Yeah, screaming patients doesn't sound very fun 8u;
I take medications so I have to go to the pharmacy a lot.
yeahh it's kind of crazy but also pretty routine xD you get used to it pretty quick and all of a sudden it doesn't faze you anymore! our pharmacy in particular looks like we got it under control, but it really is always a mess back there loll I only started working last year so I'm still a rookie but it really does build character haha
Moi wrote:
I got her some salmon treats and she was meowing at me cutely.
Then I said "Do you love me 8u?" and she meowed something along the lines of "Meh..."
Your kitty is so sassy T w T I love herr.. did you end up giving her treats?

My grandpa cat likes to roll over and show me his belly all cute when asking for treats but as soon as he finishes eating, he walks off like we're strangers ;w; /coldshoulder
Moi wrote:
I have no idea how to help you with that. I've never seen a cat eat fast o_O
AA yeah my cat doesn't seem to chew T-T he inhales food so fast and then he vomits it back up since he didn't chew.. it's wild.
Saphira wrote:hii and welcome to the den!! hope you'll enjoy your stay~
i'd give you a cookie if that was possible (and if i wasn't a terrible cook :mcsweat: )
Thank you so much!! I'm already feeling extra cozy here hehe :qh: btw your avatar is so lovely!! I'm in awe at how you balanced those colors *o*

I'm also a terrible cook, but 1 + 1 = 2 right :D let's bake cookies togetherr
Saphira wrote:and i kind of gave up on the whole adopting a cat thing for a while, since i can't really afford it, i think maybe i should catsit for other people! does anyone have experience with that? i know lots of people often look for someone to play with and feed their cats while they're at work or vacation and i might be the perfect person to do that since i don't really see my parents anymore, i mostly just stay at home during holidays.
i'm just scared that it could be harder then it sounds :mcheh:
It's okayy, one day you'll be able to get a fur baby ;w; do you have any other friends whose cats may be having kittens? that's how we got our local grandpa! Idk about cat sitting though, since my extended family all live in the same house so if we can't take care of the kitty, someone else definitely can ;w;

maybe you can volunteer at animal shelters? :D I think that could be fun! but definitely stay safe TvT
kenma wrote:hello! welcome to this thread i hope you'll enjoy our company!! i'm really glad you liked our cats and i'm glad you joined! i was afraid no one would else join at this point! :mcgloom:
Thank you!! I just recently came back to the site and I get really nervous joining hangouts so I'm glad this one turned out well <3 thank you for having me! (ps I also love Kenma sooo much, he's my favorite TvT
kenma wrote:maybe try to ask your vet i'm sure they'll have some advice. i wonder if giving smaller, more frequent portions of food would help? maybe if he had to wait until his next portion he'd learn to save his food. he may be pissed at first (my kitty was when we did it to her when she was becoming too fat lol) but it may work!
We're trying the small but more frequent tactic right now! It seems to be working but I'll keep you guys updated! his stools don't seem to be getting better though ;v; idk if thats tmi loll ><
kenma wrote:well apart from the screaming patients that job sounds so nice. i watched some pill sorting videos on tiktok and they are so satisfying nfesduow although i do find it kind of weird since here in europe they usually all come pre-packaged and as far as i know the pharmacists only take care of sales, ordering pills for you if they don't have them already in the pharmacy and stuff like that.
ooh yeah I've seen those tiktoks too! it makes me feel like "whaaat that's what it sounds like when I'm doing my job? no way" loll it's always moving so fast I just can't focus on anything but the next task ;w;

chain pharmacies where I am don't usually package them separately but there are some independent family business pharmacies that will do it for you! I think it's super cool that it's the norm in Europe :O !

Anyway, thank you for having me and sleep well!! good luck on your exams <3 I know that feel ;w; you got this!!

(1) (0)

Posted: Jan 22nd, '21, 02:43    

Moi

I wouldn't mind a job where I can just work in the background and not have to deal with people. But that seems pretty much impossible 8u
Closest thing would be working with animals but then I'd still have to talk to their owners u8;

Yeah, she's just the most hateful and ungrateful cat I've ever had xD
She got many treats from me and still hisses and swiped at me Bu
She seems like she gets irritated sometimes.
She's always mean to the other cats.
She doesn't like being picked up or held.
But every so often, she'll come to me and love on me.
I even heard her purring the other night xD

xD Awww.
Can I ask you if you didn't know how old your cat was, would you be able to tell he's a grandpa cat?
We have a cat that stays outside named Macaron and I don't know where he came from but I think he's old.
He's very friendly and mellow and he's missing some teeth and he sleeps a lot.
His coat is also kinda of a rough texture and my cat that I had for like 15 years had the same kind of fur texture.
I'm pretty sure he's old, but the biggest hint to me is just that he naps a lot.
He could just be lazy 8u

I hope you can find out how to make him not eat so fast...Momo doesn't seem to eat like she was when my mom said she was eating fast.
The only change is she stays in a room by herself.
Since there's no other cats, she doesn't feel like she has to eat fast or lose her food.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

[ 116 posts ]