.  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject: Re: KofK Book Club [Howl's Moving Castle // Harry Potter]
Posted: Sep 25th, '15, 04:00    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 198616
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Good grief, I'm two chapters behind, but hopefully I'll catch up by tomorrow!

I've read the first two chapters, and I really like it! It's definitely a different flavor of magic from Harry Potter, but it suits me more, and I like the fairy tale references and the details that I'd overlooked in my first read.

DWJ [author] has a writing style that either engages the reader or bores them, so I get what you mean, but in this instance, I'm on the better opinion of it. Sophie reminds me a lot of one of my friends, aha. XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 25th, '15, 13:13    

featherquill

Hugs: 93704
Mood: Friendship is magic!
The second chapter seems easier to me, I need to catch up also, hopefully by tomorrow I'll post more on it. XD I've never read the book before, so I'm really excited to see how it varies from the movie!

(0) (0)
Feather's Hangout Thread!: X
Feather's Selling Thread!: X
Feather's Buying Thread!: X

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Sep 25th, '15, 19:12    

Mikael Hart

*nod* It is very interesting. I used to be harsh on book-film differences [mostly on the films because they didn't follow the books], but recently, I watched a vlog from John Green [author of "Looking for Alaska" and "The Fault in Our Stars"]. He said that books and films were two different art forms, and because of this, the story has to be told in different ways. I guess that also means that the screen-writer and director have some artistic license with it, the way that fan artists do... so I should probably give them more of a chance.

It's something to think on for future films that I see. Usually the ones with the author's influence in the making turn out alright, even with small differences; in the case of HMC, I've always liked both versions [though I do prefer the novel].

I've read up to chapter 4 so far, and I'm almost done with HP2. Kinda missing Veetles at this point. XD;

(1) (0)

Posted: Oct 2nd, '15, 07:07    

Mikael Hart

Just checking, but is anyone up to date with the book club? Do you guys think we need to slow down our reading?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 6th, '15, 10:45    

featherquill

I just finished moving, so now I need to remember where I put the book. :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 7th, '15, 15:17    

VEE

Hugs: 25271
Mood: laughs in flowers
I AM SO SO SORRY

please forgive my awfulness. I basically didnt post on kofk for weeks. my troth tokens even went down to 1 from 10 D,:

working so much... well lets just say i wasnt used to it. its fine and i could handle it, but it made me... less of vittoria, less chill. i barely had the time for kofk and when i did have spare time, i mostly used it for gaming or hanging with my best friend. ive been working all day every day including weekends and it is very tiring. but hey while ive got a temporary seasonal job, i better milk it for all its worth!

so i decided to take this week that i had no more work until the weekend to come to canada with my roommate so we could see our friends ! so now i have time. also all my friends are asleep LOL

anyways, im still a piece of crap because guess what... i have definitely not yet finished queen of attolia Dx i am nearly there, though. i only have a few chapters left. but yeah i havent been reading at all... and when i have, its only been before sleep, after taking something to make me drowsy and if i read on sleep meds tqoa i wouldnt remember it. >.< but i should finish it this week or on the drive back to my home. :P

havent checked out howls moving castle yet. though you guys might be finished before i can get it. xD i was hoping to pick it up next week from the library . so yeah.

and im on the chamber of secrets harry potter wise. sort of near the start but yeahhh .

but i wont really be working during the week unless they need me a day or something so i should have a lot more time now! i am excited to start howls. :D

(0) (0)
♢ they/them pronouns ♢
♦ possibly returning to kofk ♦

ITSA ME, THA VEE

♡♡ OC bbys ♡♡

Posted: Oct 7th, '15, 22:31    

Mikael Hart

*patpat* Go ahead and look for it Feathers, and when you do, tell me what chapter you're on. XD

@Vee: *patpat* I was wondering where you got to, but good to see that you're back! Good to hear that you're making the most of life too, haha.

I'm around chapter 6 in HMC, and depending on when Feathers finds the book and what chapter she's on, I can afford to wait. I do want to keep going with the third book of HP, though; my art group has blown up in activity with the series, and I need to keep up. I have less free time because of the group, so yeah, my reading will probably have slowed down some.

You've got three books on you, Vee. XD Good luck!

(1) (0)

Posted: Oct 10th, '15, 06:09    

featherquill

I'm only on chapter 3 :mcblush: I finally found it, but I have to read it when the baby is asleep. XD

I miss you, Vee!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 12th, '15, 03:21    

Mikael Hart

Ah, well, I'm currently on the fourth book of HP, so I'll wait for you guys on HMC. XD What pace would be most comfortable for you guys though? A chapter every two days? Every three days?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 13th, '15, 05:01    

VEE

Hugs: 25271
Mood: laughs in flowers
you are zipping right through harry potter! thats fine though. :P im on chapter five of the chamber of secrets. sooo behind you! oops lol, i didnt realize work would slow me down so much.

I finished the Queen of Attolia on the way back from canada. it was very very good. again still not the biggest fan of eugenides x attolia but i liked how everything played out. i looooved how they teamed up against the medes that was SO AWESOMEEEE :D :D

i put a hold on howl's moving castle but it has yet to come in :/ ill let you guys know when it does~

since i work basically all friday, saturday, and sunday, i wont be reading much then, if anything a couple of pages before bed. so if we do a chapter every two days id have to play catch up after the weekends. id prolly be okay with two, three, or more though. feather has a baby to deal with so im sure she doesnt have much time either! but ive been much more free during the week so once i get the book i should read it much faster than i did tqoa. ill leave the pace up to feather to decide~~

(0) (0)
♢ they/them pronouns ♢
♦ possibly returning to kofk ♦

ITSA ME, THA VEE

♡♡ OC bbys ♡♡

[ 150 posts ]