So long you're gone just like I always knew  28%  [ 12 ]
But I'm still here waiting for you  49%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 43
 Post subject: Re: Zenith
Posted: Mar 7th, '18, 22:46    

Lianna

Hugs: 9346
Mood: ψ(`∇´)ψ
Could have the best art in the world, but if all you do is bitch and moan, no one's gonna buy from ya cuz who wants art from a pissant?

(0) (0)
Yes I am a mule
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Posted: Mar 12th, '18, 07:54    

Madissskin

Hugs: 9756
Mood: Clockwork
Yeah.

What do you guys watch?

(0) (0)
I will love you if I never see you again, and I will love you if I never see you again, and I will love you if I see you every Tuesday. I will love you as the starfish loves a coral reef and as kudzu loves trees, even if the oceans turn to sawdust and the trees fall in the forest without anyone around to hear them. I will love you as the pesto loves the fettuccini and ats the horseradish loves the miyagi, and the pepperoni loves the pizza.

Posted: Mar 13th, '18, 19:17    

Lianna

Hugs: 9346
Mood: ψ(`∇´)ψ
Uuuhhhh...

tl;dr HGTV

(0) (0)
Yes I am a mule
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Posted: Mar 14th, '18, 21:07    

Hotaruchan

Hugs: 9254
Mood: Lurking
Hello, I saw something space-related on the first post, so my interest was caught. And I'm kinda looking for a place to chat. And I'm way too shy to actually start posting somewhere
Madissskin wrote:What do you guys watch?
You mean things like tv-shows or series?
Mostly stuff on Netflix, since I don't have my own tv. Been watching Lucifer lately.

(0) (0)
Why change the past,
when you can own this day?
ImageImage

Posted: Mar 15th, '18, 05:05    

Madissskin

Hi Hota!

I've been looking for things to watch since watching law and order for the zillonth time gets old after a while tfggfgngdhb

I have 3 D's right now uhhg.

(0) (0)
I will love you if I never see you again, and I will love you if I never see you again, and I will love you if I see you every Tuesday. I will love you as the starfish loves a coral reef and as kudzu loves trees, even if the oceans turn to sawdust and the trees fall in the forest without anyone around to hear them. I will love you as the pesto loves the fettuccini and ats the horseradish loves the miyagi, and the pepperoni loves the pizza.

Posted: Mar 15th, '18, 10:56    

Hotaruchan

Law and Order is as crime show isn't it? Do you watch those alot?
I remember watching NCIS years ago.

D's? As in the grades?
We use a numerical grading system where I come from, so I'm not quite sure how good or bad that is... But judging from your reaction it's pretty bad? Is that because you didn't feel well? (I might have read some of the older posts :mcblush: )

(0) (0)
Why change the past,
ImageImage

Posted: Mar 16th, '18, 00:52    

Madissskin

Yeah, law and order is a crime show. I like it for its predictable drama.

D's are you did 60% as good as you could have, getcho head out of ass. Im actually feeling better now a days, I had a rough few months tho.

Where are you from?

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 16th, '18, 12:16    

Hotaruchan

Hehe, a lot of predictable drama is typically a reason for me to stay away from a show. But I can see why people like it!
If you're looking for other things to watch, you could try other crime shows? They tend to a large amount of seasons,. Plus, they could possibly have the same kind of drama?

I'm from the Netherlands, where people were talking about a '6-culture' among students some years back. Basicly meaning that students were satisfied with a 6 (corresponding to ~60%), 'cause it meant that they passed
Though, to be honest I think it matters more that people did their best. And I know that that's not how the system works. But I know people (including myself) who work really hard and then are happy with 60%, because they know they did the best they could.
But I think that, at least in the Netherlands, grades don't really matter once you've graduated?

But it's good that you're feeling better!
I'm not quite sure how the system works were you're from. But, talking from personal experience, it's sometimes better to take a step back from work/studying in favour of your health.

Gah, I sounded way to preachy :mcdead:

(0) (0)
Why change the past,
ImageImage

Posted: Mar 17th, '18, 07:44    

Madissskin

I find it to be a bit delightful since I only watch netflix when doing homework and whatnot. NCIS is okay, but bones is often times wayyy too cheesey. Mythbusters is good too.

I think thats a really interesting way to look at it, 60 is good enough and you passed. Unfortunately anything less then 80% here is considered unacceptable.

I wish I could step back for a few days but i would need doctors notes and my doctor to write anything up for me, he will bill my insurance and thats a good 800 dollars i dont want to pay. Luckily my classes are typically 7am-1pmish so i often sleep the rest of the day and whatnot.

Do you do college or anything? Have a degree?

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 17th, '18, 10:25    

Hotaruchan

If you're also doing homework while watching a show, I can see why you like it. Sounds nice to be able to do both. I would just end up watching the show and not doing anything.

If they would use a requirement of at least 80% here, most people would probably fail, including me :qwor: Though they are starting to implement that students need an average of 70 to be able to continue with a master after their bachelor. I can kinda understand why they do that, but it's absolutely ridiculous. Since having a bachelor's is kinda useless for a lot of studies/fields. So then people would end up having wasted the years and money spend on it.

My university is also always telling us we need a doctor's note if we miss an exam or something due to not feeling well. Except that doctors aren't allowed anymore to give that kind of note. Apparently the uni didn't get the memo...
But is there something like a student counsellor/study advisor that can help? (I'm not really aware of how educational institutions/systems work outside of the Netherlands...)

I've a bachelor's degree, currently working for my master's degree. Though I'm going a bit slower than other students due to some stress-related problems last autumn.

(0) (0)
Why change the past,
ImageImage

[ 159 posts ]