Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Glad that you found it useful.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Role-playing 101
Posted: Jan 10th, '09, 19:58    

Zel

Hugs: 241
Yahoo Messenger: razorxflesh
It might have been asked somewhere around here and I did read them all, but I want to double-check a few things.

Are there any limits as far as cuss words go?
And as for romance, I'm guessing kissing and all is okay, but I'm guessing it's like, PG-13 or PG-16 or something? Anything without clothes or inappropriate touching is too far? And on that question, does that go for characters' speech, as well? Like, "Suck my ****" would be too far? Or if it's just someone saying it, is it okay? I'd imagine not, but I want to make sure.

My friend and I are bound to start RPing together on here, though because we do write "novel" posts, it'll most likely end up just being she and I, hehe. We don't have limits so I decided to make sure as far as the site's go.

And I, for one, would love to see your personal rule list. :]
I have my own, sorta, but it's not an actual list. I'm really picky. I can tell if I'll RP with someone by one sample alone.

-/is sure she will surely be called an elitist at some point-

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 11th, '09, 01:36    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 193374
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Ah, well, the things on this thread are more like tips than forum rules. ^__^;;

Since you asked, though, there's no limit when it comes to profanity, but I trust you all to make smart choices about that. For romance... let's keep things appropriate. PG 13 would be wise, since we have a lot of kids running around the forum. A character's speech is debatable... but let's leave it out if possible, shall we?

XD My personal rules list still needs to be worked on. I don't think I'm up for sharing it in the state that it is. I'm also picky about my RPs, but I think that's normal for a lot of people. ^__^;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 11th, '09, 10:20    

Zel

Mnkay, so I don't have to be so worried about that, at least, though I get what you mean by making smart choices. After all, mouthing off profanity like the letter 'e' is just distasteful. Though I have had a character in the past that did that, but that was their personality. And they got boring fast.

PG-13, in my definition, stops somewhere around kissing and necking; so if one wants to keep it at that level, that should, basically, be about where the talk stays, too, I guess. P:
Well, there's little excuse to actually have a character need to say such things, so I doubt it'll arise in any of my own RPs, but I figure I can work around if it it does. xD'

Thank you much. <3

And haha, yeah. Somehow I'm both picky and, yet, not picky. It depends. If someone's style really bothers me, I absolutely won't RP with them no matter what. But it's very hard to bother me like that. Mostly people who use fragments as proper sentences (like: "Glaring and raising an eyebrow as he grumbled."). Hmn.
But when you do get your rule list all cleaned and perfected, I'd love to see it. :] <3

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 12th, '09, 02:54    

Mikael Hart

Zel wrote:And haha, yeah. Somehow I'm both picky and, yet, not picky. It depends. If someone's style really bothers me, I absolutely won't RP with them no matter what. But it's very hard to bother me like that. Mostly people who use fragments as proper sentences (like: "Glaring and raising an eyebrow as he grumbled."). Hmn.
But when you do get your rule list all cleaned and perfected, I'd love to see it. :] <3

XD Yeah, I'll share it with everyone when I'm done.

I don't know how picking partners works for me. I have friends who can't write well, but I love RPing with them, and then there are people who write well, but I can't pull myself together to write with them. >__>;; Really, I'm impossible to work with.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 12th, '09, 04:34    

Zel

Hah, I know what you mean. I used to have a friend like that. She even RPed in *s, but I loved RPing with her, got frustrating sometimes though. I couldn't today, though, it'd get under my skin.

Yeah. There are some people that just bother me. I hate when an RP is amazing, they're great at RPing, the characters are cool, it's perfect. Except the person is an asshole. =/ I've had to cut off at least one really good RP because of that. =w=;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 12th, '09, 23:57    

Mikael Hart

I RP in asterisks a lot... Not for serious RPs, but sometimes they're good if you want to speed something up/test character interaction/do some OOC stuff. XD

Hmm... yeah, it's too bad when RPers aren't compatible with each other. My problem isn't usually the RPer though; more often than not, it's simply the fact that our writing styles don't fit well together.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 16th, '09, 05:10    

creampuffy1

Hugs: 6851
Mood: Sick
flyinthesky109 wrote:oof some people need to read this. i mean i read it and noticed more of how people like to control other charcters and not gve other people a chance to roleplay. im glad i read it because i mainly have been following these rules a while... im glad im a good rper its nice to know. :)

woops, sorry Fly. I should have read the RPG rules before my first roleplay, I think i may have been the 'newbie' that caused this comment. Well, i'm glad that I read them, or i would have had to figure it all out the hard way v_v;;
I'm really gald this is here though, really and truely. You have no idea how bad the 'noob' population would be without things like these xD;

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 17th, '09, 03:24    

flyinthesky109

Hugs: 9555
Mood: Losing the game!
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
nah it wasnt you!

actually.. i dunno who it was...
i think it was someone in a rp that i didnt own, so i couldnt yell at them. lol.

(0) (0)
11/225 Reindeer~ (These are hard to catch! >.<)
100 - Hair 75 - Wings 15 - Staff 25 - Background
First Fairy found on November 5th at 11:54 pm!
Look at my Requests or my Quests?

Care to Donate?
Imagex2
ImageImage

Image ImageImage

Posted: Mar 18th, '09, 01:09    

creampuffy1

Hugs: 6851
Mood: Sick
flyinthesky109 wrote:nah it wasnt you!

actually.. i dunno who it was...
i think it was someone in a rp that i didnt own, so i couldnt yell at them. lol.

lol. Thats sounds like my first rp xD Trinity or something ring a bell?

(0) (0)

[ 77 posts ]