Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 118 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Selling & Auctioning Rules
Posted: Aug 28th, '09, 13:05    

gaara_dgl

Hugs: 54529
Mood: :P
The rules say they have to accept or decline on the spot. I guess all who dont do it should be reported?

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 1st, '09, 02:13    

CharstarWishes

Hugs: 120359
Mood: Disney Wishes to you all!
Well, I stop short of reporting because it is a grey area..
It's a combination of price checking and selling/taking offers
if they hear an offer I like I will accept it... or they may not sell the item at all..
Some take a few offers and end in a reasonable amount of time some do not .
Some people are definitely selling others just taking offers cause they are bored & had no intention if selling the item in the first place.

I think Taking Offers Rules are now needed, just to establish some fairness.
Also maybe posting a copy of this thread in the material trading forum as well

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 5th, '09, 22:51    

ladyceres

Hugs: 109558
Mood: :O ghost mode
Yahoo Messenger: bloodlustangelkel
I'm getting a bit annoyed with one auction's end date saying the auction would end when an user came back from vacation..How long is a person suppose to wait when you can't pm them about it or anything?

(0) (0)
March 30th 2011: RIP Ray of Havoc..You are remembered and loved

I <3 kurai..She's my wife we're marrieds![/url]

Posted: Sep 7th, '09, 01:47    

CharstarWishes

Hugs: 120359
Mood: Disney Wishes to you all!
That what is awful about the taking offer threads in general, many sellers are not committing to sell the item in the first place, it sucks for buyers because your just left waiting to find our if they will accept your offer after several offers are made which could take days then they just don't sell an item at all because they don't like any of the offers.

It just gotten to a point where I personally think it's time to piss or get off the pot.
If you going to sell your item sell your item , If you want to see what people are willing to pay for an item start a price check thread but the taking offers threads are so annoying to me personally because they are just price check threads and uncommitted auction threads combined with no rules to follow..

Many do not follow selling rules because they might not sell the items they are just taking offers.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 4th, '09, 17:31    

Fire

Hugs: 94101
Mood: Radi radi! Happy Holi!
Very informative Firn. Great Job!

Though there is one topic that i am slightly confused on.
If anyone could please clear this up for me, that would be very helpful.

Lately i have seen many people "Taking Offers" on their items.
When they do this, they are not selling nor auctioning the item.
They will only accept the offers they see fit.
When a person is "Taking Offers" on an item, there is no time limit in which whatever the highest offer the person gets obtains the item. They simply wait for someone to give an offer they like.
Nor do they accept or deny an offer right away. They will wait to see if anyone offers a beter price.
These people may wait for extended periods of time to see if their offer is accepted or denied, not having any assurance when they will get their answer.

I have recently created a new store, and i reserved a place for "Taking Offers".
Before i put this section up, i would like to know the rules and regulations of "Taking Offers". Is it legal on Knuffel? How long does a person have to wait to see if the offer is accepted or declined? Are there any specific rules one must follow when "Taking Offers"?

Thank you for your time.

Please respond whenever it is convinent to you. I am aware you are very busy and this is not an urgent mannor. Whenever you get a chance to answer this is fine.

Have a great Day!

-Wolf

(0) (0)
╰☆╮
Market |||Selling Forum |||Help me plan my trip to Japan!
x 21x Groundselx
╰☆╮

Post subject: Re: Selling & Auctioning Rules [Updated]
Posted: Oct 25th, '09, 21:08    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130226
Mood: *fingers crossed*
Firn wrote:
    You can also sell your item without a fixed price, meaning you put it up for sale and people can offer a price they are willing to pay for the item.
    However, unlike in an auction you have to either accept the offer and sell the item to the person instantly or you have to decline it. There is no in between. You cannot expect people to hold their offered items/food/fairy coins for you forever.
Not that I've seen many people keep this rule. But does this help, Fire?

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Jan 4th, '10, 07:21    

Kurai9Angel

Hugs: 138120
Mood: Overwhelmed by my knuffel *x*;
Yahoo Messenger: Kurai9Angel
Firn x.x; not to bring something pointless up, but in your auction rules post and your selling rules post on the first line of the selling rules and second line of the auctioning rules, you typed crate, is that supposed to be create? Just wanted to know if i'm losing my mind or not x.x;;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 16th, '10, 10:32    

Kurai9Angel

Hugs: 138120
Mood: Overwhelmed by my knuffel *x*;
Yahoo Messenger: Kurai9Angel
I have a bit of a fairness concern that I'm looking for a bit of advice on I suppose, I stumbled across a thread the other day where someone had a set price up for an item to be purchased, someone said they wanted to buy it, and of course another user followed up and added more FP onto the set price to try to make the seller sell it to them, and sure enough the seller sold it to the person that offered more FP. Isn't there something against the rules about this? I felt positive that if a person set a price, they MUST accept the first person that offers to buy it for that set price rather than going and taking the higher price simply because it was more.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 17th, '10, 23:31    

gaara_dgl

Hugs: 54529
Mood: :P
There should be a rule against this. Its a very rude thing to do. : /

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 18th, '10, 07:10    

Meta

Hugs: 26184
Mood: lazy cat
I don't think so.
Depending on the fakt that the item is something the person who sells it worked for or buyed it by himselfe it is her/his right to decide who can buy it.
And if thre is someone who gives more fp than the set price its only natural to choose the better offer.
Sure its bad for the Person who posted first but its the item owners right to dicide!

If you say 'the first person who declared interest in the item is the person you have to sell it'
Then there is no freedom of choosing who can buy your items.
So you HAVE TO sell it to any person who wants, of course those you cant stand included. The right for a 'black list' or something would be erased with a rule like that.

If the Situation is another: first person posted->owner of the item agreed and then comes a 3. person saying 'oh no i pay more for this' and the owner canceles the trade or something/takes back the agreement... thats somethign that is not ok...
but this is a moral question. nothing you can depend on in the internet ;)
(i hope someone can follow my confusing word ^^)

(0) (0)
Rest in peace Dad, i love and miss you!

[ 118 posts ]