Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 81 posts ] 
Hey
...is for horses 8|  29%  [ 219 ]
Hi.  30%  [ 227 ]
-drools-  40%  [ 302 ]
Total votes : 748
 Post subject: Re: How do you deal with being depressed?
Posted: Sep 15th, '09, 21:46    

kuroneko-chan

Hugs: 2849
Mood: i wanna cry!!! i'm studing soooo hard my brain's about to expolde
usually i beat my depression, sleeping reading or doing anything creative, like poetry, origamy, writing, composing haikus, drawing, etc.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage
You're two clicks from making me happy. Please feed them!!!

I miss you Wally
14/04/2011

Posted: Sep 16th, '09, 00:19    

Aylin

Hugs: 24066
Mood: off I go
I am also medicated and that was the only thing which helped... I got very depressed a little more after a half year after my dad died... there was a time earlier when I was also not well, but I tried to just suppress all my thoughts about it...

I think what really helps a lot are people who care... talking to friends or to your partner and so on... sunlight and fresh air is also good... and funny stuff... maybe a bath, but I don't have a bathtube, so I can't say... ^^"

(0) (0)
Image ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image

If I don't answer some post, just PM me. I suck at checking threads. ^^"

Materials I need:
7x Lava, 6x Bloodstone, 5x Crystallized Light. 13x Earth Potion

Posted: Sep 16th, '09, 00:32    

Yumi123

Hugs: 8654
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
usually i get depressed after i've gotten into a fight with a friend, or if someone told me off for no reason over the internet. on august 28, the guy i have a huge crush on waved at me. i waved first of course BUT STILL! it made my month so i'm not allowing any negativity into my life until september 28th :mccute:

i have ADHD and i realize now that my medication was what was causing my depressions. i took everything way to seriously and left no room for a little fun. i'm off the meds now [ :mclaugh: :mctongue: ] and my friends have seen the difference. i've opened up and now don't feel like i'll be beaten down for letting off of all my hard work a little. instead of being bored and pretending to pay attention to what's NOT going on in the classroom, i doodle. i draw anime and lately, i've been running out of room in my scetchbook that i have. i keep it in my bag and when i have the time i pull it out and doodle. it's really good for releasing built up stress. if i'm upset, i doodle an emo anime person and then admire what i've done. i love drawing from my mind and getting compliments for what i make.

that's what works for me :mclaugh: sometimes all i need is a stolen hug from my friend :mcwink: she says she not a very 'huggable person' so i bug her and try to hug her just for a good laugh :mcgrin: if your depressed, try asking for a hug! :mcgrin: that always helps me :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
help me in my quest!
1 x Gold Bullion, 8 x Earth Potion, 16 x Heart Balloon, 18 x Eel

Image~Image~Image~Image~Image~Image

Posted: Oct 12th, '09, 16:29    

bibcheto656

Hugs: 5774
Mood: Ohemgee
Don't get sad - get angry! Angry ot someone, angry at the world, or angry at yourself, I believe it's better to be angry, however painful that may be, than wallowing in pity and crying your eyes out. Or, if you're a pacifist, just do something that will distract you greatly, or talk with a funny person. After a good laugh, everything will look a bit less painful. Even when you think everything is at it's worst, there's always a "ray of hope", and such stuff.
Also, I don't believe in medications. Isn't depression an illnes of the soul? What can cure the soul? I've had times, months, years, when I didn't want to go out of bed, I didn't want to go out on the streets, I didn't want to see anyone at all. But if a human can't get over this on his own, how can we be called the "rulers" of the planet? :qcute:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 12th, '09, 19:40    

Hiper15

Hugs: 38417
well i usually go to my room and cry a lot

then think bout bad things....and then sleep...i also try to eat

I usually think emo things but after i look and i see how lucky i am to have this life ^^

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 13th, '09, 01:07    

Miura

Hugs: 6480
Read manga or books. Also watching a movie or an anime that i really like can make my mood better.

(0) (0)
~~The hottest guy ever!~~
(you can take my soul whenever you want...<3..<3.<3 )

Posted: Oct 13th, '09, 01:38    

Firehorse

Hugs: 7753
When I'm feeling down I tend to eat and watch things that make me laugh. I listen to music or spend time with my friends, because it's hard for me to feel sad around them.
Mostly i just keep pushing forward, and eventually my mood swings back up. Talking walks also feels good.

(0) (0)
"You're mad."
"I'm a poet. Pretty much the same thing."
ImageImageImage

Posted: Oct 13th, '09, 02:02    

Ninja Ai

Hugs: 46034
Mood: ツ❤
Yahoo Messenger: starkiddle
I deal with it by watching movies where the people are worse off then me....or watching the news...anything else that takes the pity off of me and transfers it to someone else. I feel fortunate to be alive later on....so in any case I suppose that could help with depression...

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Oct 17th, '09, 21:40    

Aka Hime

Hugs: 7497
Mood: In the mood for creativity!
I donno... I just ignore it -cries in sorrow- and try to forget [which I could not do].

(0) (0)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Feb 26th, '10, 04:33    

syus_haleing

Hugs: 7137
Mood: dizzy...@.@
Drawing is a big one for me,
also reading funny things and singing (especially when there's no one at home so I can sing as loud as i want without worrying if others can hear me :mclaugh: )
:mccute:

(0) (0)
Image Image
"if you ever lose something, blame ninjas" ~quote some dude from the net
~MY KNUFFLES~*~MY MATERIALS~*~MY WANTS~*~MY ART~please rate! :3

[ 81 posts ]