J.K.Rowling  19%  [ 200 ]
Stephanie Meyer  3%  [ 33 ]
Stephen King  11%  [ 116 ]
Dean Koontz  3%  [ 36 ]
James Patterson  4%  [ 46 ]
Michael Crichton  2%  [ 19 ]
Other  57%  [ 596 ]
Total votes : 1046
 Post subject: Re: Who is/are your favourite authors and why...???
Posted: Dec 20th, '09, 22:46    

gogoteam

Hugs: 841
I... Am a nerd. And thusly, I enjoy Japanese authors. QED? No.

Tanigawa Nagaru of the Suzumiya Haruhi series has such a good and down to Earth narrator in Kyon. A shame the series is hitting its climax, but I guess too much Haruhi is a bad thing.

Shouji Gatou of the Full Metal Panic! series manages to blend humor and serious conflict, and knows exactly when to use what. His books have lacked the trademark humor as of late, but with good cause. Even the technological explanations of what is going on are interesting.

NisiOisin... I just like his books. Haha.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 21st, '09, 17:01    

phantorn

Hugs: 11076
My favorite author is probably Neil Gaiman. It's sad to see his name misspelled twice here. I loved the Sandman comics. My favorite of his novels is probably Stardust, and I thought Murder Mysteries was an awesome short story. I also liked his poem, Virus. I love the way he weaves stories. He is very entertaining and clever at the same time.

(0) (0)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: Dec 26th, '09, 19:07    

bookworm85

Hugs: 347
Mood: hurting
I like tamora peirce. she is not a author well knoen but she is a great author. Even if her stories are geared towards girls guys would like them too. on my website http://tamorapeircefan002.webs.com/ you can find cool links and other stuff. she primarly writes fantansy. I started reading her books in grade 3 now in grade 10 im still reading and re-reading them. That is a good author. I also like Joanne Flunke. She writes a series about a baker who solves mysteries. MurderSheBaked.com is her offical website.

(0) (0)
Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy. ~Henry Kissinger
To tell a woman everything she may not do is to tell her what she can do. ~Spanish Proverb
Anime-ized me

Posted: Dec 27th, '09, 02:41    

Erandir

Hugs: 695
By far my favorite author is JRR Tolkien. I've read everything he ever wrote from The Hobbit to The Unfinished Tales to the original manuscripts for The Lord of the Rings. I honestly cannot get enough of Middle-earth, and I love his writing style so much I've even read his other stories as well.

(0) (0)
Questing:
Morning Dew - 1/4
Duck Feather - 0/5
Purikura Paper Bag - 0/6

Posted: Dec 27th, '09, 04:47    

stripey0268

Hugs: 2754
Mood: emo
i like j.k rowling!! she is a fabulous author!!!!

(0) (0)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Dec 27th, '09, 18:40    

MiharuXYoite

Hugs: 843
Mood: hyper
J.K. Rowling hands down. She is the author of Harry Potter, which is, in my opinion, the best written and most well thought out extended series of the century. This ranks up their with Tolkings series The Lord of the Rings.

(0) (0)

Miharu and Yoite are perfect for each other

Posted: Jan 5th, '10, 03:10    

Ciardha

Hugs: 4856
Mood: Really, really, wants the Chief's son...
In a fight between my two most favourite authors, Jim Butcher and Anne McCaffery, I would have to say, despite all odds, Butcher will be victorious. Now like McCaffery, in his Codex Alera series, Butcher had created a complete, unique, "lose-yourself-in" kind of world with characters of great depth and admiration. There, they are equal. Butcher only wins because he also has the Dresden series, my other love. As much as I enjoy McCaffery's her short stories, her collection of dragonriders are her best work. Long live Pern.

Also, I'm adding Naomi Novik and her mastery of merging fiction into a base of history and adding dragons. 'Enough said.

(0) (0)
Give love to dragons...
Please visit my shoppes.

Posted: Jan 5th, '10, 04:05    

hibari amano

Hugs: 2576
My favorite authors are Sherrilyn Kenyon and J.R.Ward. I love their series: Dark Hunter (SK) and Black Dagger Brotherhood (JRW). I love their version of vampires and other mythological beings. :mcwink:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 8th, '10, 10:14    

VampMiyu

Hugs: 33193
Mood: PART HIATUS but I still love Kofk
OMG I can't believe you didn't put J.R.R.FREAKIN.TOLKIEN up there!!! *is in shock*
I had to vote for Stephen King cause ok he rocks but wtf¿?? *is still in shock*

(0) (0)
Image Image
First Fairy 04/09/10!
Second Fairy 12/10/11!
Third Fairy 05/11/11!

Posted: Feb 12th, '10, 09:37    

loonaboo

Hugs: 14707
Mood: Anxious about life
Genekitty wrote:Diana Gabaldon and her series Outlander.
Best books I have ever read in my life.
And I really love to read.
Her characters are just so real and pull you into their world, making you see, feel, and commiserate with everything that happens to them.
It doesn't really have a genre...because it's everything! So it hangs in the Literature section of book stores.
I wish my library had a copy of the first book that wasn't checked out. I left my copy with my mom and I really want to read it again.

My favorite authors are Garth Nix and Holly Black.I must admit that I love James Patterson (along came a spider is amazing :qh: ) and of course the outlander series! Diana Gibaldon would be ashamed Im still only ona breath of snow and ashes

But For Garth Nix I had read the seventh tower seriesin middleschool, Lirael( :qh: ) and of course shades children! But for holly black (spiderwich anyone?) I am so in love with Valiant! Tithe is amazing too :) and if you can get a chance to read her The good neighbors do it! (in hardback comic book form)

Has anyoen ever read Deltoras quest? I kind of own the 3 series of it taht came out :qlov:

(0) (0)
My personal contest in Spam Busters!

I've found my first fairy! 4/2/10
I've found my second fairy! 11/8/11

[ 80 posts ]