Jump to:

[ 149 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Cheating -> instant and permanent ba
Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 04:40    

llianya

Hugs: 25548
Mood: 27646 goal
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Sukaretto wrote:What Firn said! I get quite a lot of :food: with digging alone!

Granted, I have a lot of Knuffels, but I bet even with a few you can get a decent amount of FPs.

Also, one question about using browser add-ons. I have some of my Knuffles bookmarked together in different tabs. I only load them all together once when I open said bookmark, I think only one gets fed when I do that though. After that I feed and play separately with each.
Would that count as doing something wrong? I don't want to get in trouble, but then again I don't really reload the tabs to get their bars full.

● [| ● ' " ' . , . ◦ [ εïз ] ◦ ' " ' . , . ● |] ●

[ ◦ ] [ ● ] [ ◦ ] [ ● ] [ ◦ ]

[ ● ] [ ◦ ] [ ● ]

[ ◦ ]

Ermmm.... I also do the same thing actually since it's difficult to open all the tabs individually especially now that my laptop is working so slow.
Would this be okay?

[ ◦ ]

[ ● ] [ ◦ ] [ ● ]

[ ◦ ] [ ● ] [ ◦ ] [ ● ] [ ◦ ]

● [| ● ' " ' . , . ◦ [ εïз ] ◦ ' " ' . , . ● |] ●

(0) (0)

• I draw.

This is my art.

Interested? Visit my commission/freebie thread or consider me for RLC.

╔═══════╗

Deviantart: llianya
    Tumblr: llianya
    Toyhouse: llianya
    Discord: llianya#8177

╚═══════╝

I also host art raffles on Deviantart intermittently so you may follow me there if you're interested.

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 05:28    

Idunn

Hugs: 1102
Mood: Sleepy
With all due respect, you would still be benefiting from a bot. Even if you didn't do it, you placed your links in a public area to be clicked and thus you take responsibility for any actions taken to your account. This is how I understood the "No botting" rule when I signed up. I find it rather short sighted to think one should be let off the hook if someone from said site uses a bot to feed your knuffels.
BrokenAngel95 wrote:As i explained earlier in this thread
Link exchange sites help you click your knuffles when your not
available to click them yourself, provided that you have the necessary points to keep your link up.
I explained this here:
[x]
In case you missed my post
scroll down to the post with the cupcakes on them x3

(0) (0)
Current Quest: 1/3 Mithril Ore | 4/8 Golden ring | 2/25 Cherry Blossom | 13/35 Trumpet Vine | 29/50 Weed | 370/370 food points.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 06:45    

Alandra

Hugs: 2347
Mood: Begging for a miracle
Sucks to see that an announcement is neccesary for this. I mean, it's not SO HARD to get a decent amount of food points on this forum... you have many options: posting, polling and digging with your knuffels (once you get them) even selling mats or whatever items you have. I've been here for only a couple of months (since october 2010) and already have 11 knuffels and recently I bought my first MT!! -is terribly happy- And with what little I had left after that one I bought the MooMoo set too -does a happy dance- So it really isn't that hard, it just takes some time and patience. And now with Amura's new system I get to feed and play with all my babies just fine *3* -more free advertising for Amura's amazing system-
So I just don't get all the botting stuff >.>

Now mule accounts, that's another story. I keep reading about mule abuse and all that and that gets me furious... I have two and I'm always afraid of getting warned because of that x.x I use them mostly for storing (because I'm OCD like that... I need everything neat and tidy >.<) and I'm probably going to use them to trade or sell mats and items once I finish with all my quests. I do get them items (store and some events) but those are for them to use since they don't have much clothes and I'm always wondering if that is wrong... And if this is totally off-topic I'm sorry >.<

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 07:01    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 133416
Mood: *fingers crossed*
That sounds fine, Alandra. You're actually doing something with the extra accounts. What's against the rule is a) if you get a mule, don't log into the account until you get a chance to get event/free items, use it to get the items, (and perhaps trade it over to your main,) and not use the mule for any other purposes then to get items; b) on events where you have to click other people to give them currencies, you log into your mule and give yourself currencies over and over again (a few while giving others currency is fine but if you mass spam them then that's not good); and/or c) posting in a thread with two accounts pretending to be two different people having a "conversation" in order to keep the posting going and to rack up food points.

I hope this helped!

Now I'm a little scared of posting my Knuffel on other sites. I don't use link-exchange, but I do stick my Aduser in my signatures on other forum sites... I'm tempted to take him out now.

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 07:10    

Alandra

Hugs: 2347
Mood: Begging for a miracle
@Ziaheart: You have no idea of how relieved I am after reading you explanation. Thank you -huggles Ziaheart-

And I understand how you feel about your Aduser, I have my knuffels on my squiby profile -likes showing off her pretty babies- but after reading all this it worries me that maybe someone may use a link-exchange or something like that... I think I'll take them out x.x

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 10:35    

CharstarWishes

Hugs: 122227
Mood: Disney Wishes to you all!
Thank you for this reminder/announcement.

I am so proud of The Kingdom of Knuffel website for taking a stand and taking the time to help create a fair and wonderful community for all.

:qstar:

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 12:02    

Eruvandir

Hugs: 184856
. . . What's botting? O.o

Anyway . . .

I'm really glad that this announcement was made -_- *sigh of relief*

. . .

Again . . .

What's botting??? O_O

(0) (0)
Very inactive :mccry:

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 12:02    

EllyAngelYukizato

Hugs: 28533
Mood: OMG, I'm back! :D
Are all these rules going to be in the "Rules" section, I wonder?

The Rules aren't clear. There is nothing on botting/etc there.
I advise you to put all of the Rules in one place, so as to not confusing anyone that's new here.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 12:06    

Amura

Hugs: 65798
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Elly, it has always been in the rules, in the Security paragraphs.

Don't use auto-refreshers or any other kind of programs or browser plugins, features or add-ons, for feeding your Knuffel, or exploiting any other ways of food earning / item gathering. Not only is it considered cheating to use these programs, but it is also a needless burden on the server.

This announcement is just to remind that they're gonna ban you if you break that rule.

All the stickies in the subforums are not in the rules page because they only apply to the subforum where they're located.
Rules apply to all KofK.

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 14:34    

Syl3nnxtorm

Hugs: 11453
Thank you very much Firn "mchappy"

(0) (0)
My Shop
That's it.

My signature's officially empty.

[ 149 posts ]