Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 149 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Cheating -> instant and permanent ba
Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 16:41    

LittleJulez

Hugs: 190963
Mood: happy :)
I don't even have an idea about those automaticly feeding/playing thing 0o But I am glad you will ban those people :)

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 18:35    

Airyuna

Hugs: 3775
Idunn wrote:With all due respect, you would still be benefiting from a bot. Even if you didn't do it, you placed your links in a public area to be clicked and thus you take responsibility for any actions taken to your account. This is how I understood the "No botting" rule when I signed up. I find it rather short sighted to think one should be let off the hook if someone from said site uses a bot to feed your knuffels.

First of all, I use link-exchange sites a lot, but not for my Knuffel since I have too many of them (I mostly use them to lvl my Squiby and UniCreatures pets).

Could you please explain why you believe that using link-exchange sites is cheating in your eyes (especially since Firn said it's not in hers)?
You see, there's no point why anyone using those sites should use a bot to feed your Knuffel if you put them there. He wouldn't gain anything, but it'd cause him effort, so why would he do it?

(0) (0)
I'm Lilandra's vendor mule.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 21:43    

Aylin

Hugs: 24028
Mood: off I go
Airyuna wrote:Could you please explain why you believe that using link-exchange sites is cheating in your eyes (especially since Firn said it's not in hers)?

I don't see where it was said that using this sites is cheating. I understand it that way that someone else on this sites could use a bot which could be for your own benefit. I really don't know if that's the case, but that's how I understood it... o.o

(0) (0)
Image ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image

If I don't answer some post, just PM me. I suck at checking threads. ^^"

Materials I need:
7x Lava, 6x Bloodstone, 5x Crystallized Light. 13x Earth Potion

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 22:32    

Aracaini

Hugs: 5240
Mood: Sleepy
Erm I just have a slight question

And please do not bother me with your "It wasn't me, it was my friend/ grandmother/ sibling" who mysteriously has the same IP as I and /or has access to my account who did the cheating". stories. You have full responsibility for what happens with your account.

I understand botting is wrong and I'm not trying to make escuses for those who do I just not sure what you mean by 'IP' is that internet point? Also can you tell if someone is using wireless net or do you pick up from which computer.

Sorry I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to the workings of computers.....to be honest I'm not really talking about botting here, I've heard IP mentioned alot on others sites but never really knew what it meant exactly so please help :qhehe:

Edit: Thankyou Firn

(0) (0)
Back after many years. Hey! O/

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 22:46    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 45096
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
Airyuna wrote:
Idunn wrote:
With all due respect, you would still be benefiting from a bot. Even if you didn't do it, you placed your links in a public area to be clicked and thus you take responsibility for any actions taken to your account. This is how I understood the "No botting" rule when I signed up. I find it rather short sighted to think one should be let off the hook if someone from said site uses a bot to feed your knuffels.

First of all, I use link-exchange sites a lot, but not for my Knuffel since I have too many of them (I mostly use them to lvl my Squiby and UniCreatures pets).

Could you please explain why you believe that using link-exchange sites is cheating in your eyes (especially since Firn said it's not in hers)?
You see, there's no point why anyone using those sites should use a bot to feed your Knuffel if you put them there. He wouldn't gain anything, but it'd cause him effort, so why would he do it?

This is exactly what i think
Thank you Airyuna
i actually juts put one knuffle in
the exchange site because it takes so much credits to keep it up
and yes, users on that site don't really gain anything from using bots
to feed your knuffles or other creature/pets
They only get credits and thats just to keep a link up and nothing else
its not like here that food gets you different items for an avatar
So you gain nothing by using bots there
except waste time and effort

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 8th, '11, 07:08    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 131707
Mood: *fingers crossed*
Saphira, didn't you say that in order to keep your link up, you need to rack up enough points? It was my understanding that to get points, you need to click other people's links. Doesn't that mean that if someone uses a bot, they'll get more point on the link-exchange because they're clicking way more often then they would be able to if they did it by hand?

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Feb 8th, '11, 12:26    

Duo

Hugs: 25850
@ Ziaheart
I can only speak for yarolds, but to click the links there you really dont need a bot since if you go there once or twice a day you can fairly easy click all links that are postet there and after that it take like 24h for them to appear again...
so of course if you use something to auto refresh and autoclick everything there 24/7 you yould probably gather some more credits but its considered cheating too there..
Like of KofK botting and stuff isnt allowed on yarolds...
*tries to find yarolds rules to copy paste*

Its not a community of cheaters or something, its just a community of ppl who are playing games that requires you to click for something and to help eachother with the clicking... o.O
(Edit on that for explanation:
For example im playing like 3 different games that requires you to click something.. of course you can just post the same stuff 3 times in 3 different forums but since on yarolds all links are the same it can help you with either of your games, whatever you need help with most of the time..
I think many who use it dont use it because of KofK, but they were using it anyway and thus just add a KofK link to whatever links they already had there...
So the usefull thing is that you are there anyway, you click there anyway, you just use it for KofK too.
Btw all the other games im playing dont consider it cheating, some even implemented special links to make it possible for their users to use yarolds and others simply implemented their own linkexchange :3)

(Another Edit for explanation :3
For those who wonder, yarolds is no magical page you post you link on and it will be clicked by itself all the time... to keep a link up there requires you to go there and click lots of other links atleast once or twice a day... why? because you cant controll how many ppl click your link, so sometimes it just eats 500 credits in one day (for only ONE link, its impossible to get enough credits to keep more than 2 or 3 links 24/7 and even 1 or 2 are hard), which means to see your link on the page you have to click 500 links again or it wont be listet.. The dynasties on the page make clicking other ppls links something like a game itself but it still requires a lot of WORK to get credits...)

Edit: the Rules thingy

Site Rules:
6. Attempting to Hack/Packet the server, abusing security holes or automate all browser related tasks with unique web automation software is forbidden.

I guess it would be unfair to say yarolds is bad for having the same problem with botters that KofK has, they are fighting them too o.O

PS. Image
xD

(0) (0)
My ShopMy WishlistMy Knuffel Quest
♥ Feed or Die - A Knuffel Quest ♥
♥ I buy Daycare Coupons! ♥ Quick=20FP/Standart=100FP/Intensive=200FP/Long=800FP ♥

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

Posted: Feb 8th, '11, 15:34    

Jinxy_Chan

Hugs: 21544
Mood: Frabjous
I'm glad cheaters will be banned for good. The time I seen people buy items they really wanted to cheap off someone who cheated to get those items upset me, as those people ended up losing items they'd been trying to get. Hopefully this will stop people from doing things like that from now on, as it does not just annoy uses but you and Stakad too as you then have to do more work to sort out the mess.
Any cheater reading this I hope you now think twice! The Kingdom is meant to be a happy place, I joined this site because of that, and I'm glad Firn is trying to keep it that way.
Thank you Firn and Starkad! :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 8th, '11, 21:16    

Zemmy

Hugs: 10028
Mood: Amused.
Ooh, This is a nice announcement. :3

I am glad it was finally made. Thank you Firn.

Git off our Kofk, you dirty botters. D:<
-Will find and destroy you- >:D

(0) (0)
>tfw white straight male

Posted: Feb 8th, '11, 23:44    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 45096
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
Saphira wrote:They only get credits and thats just to keep a link up and nothing else

@Zia
Credits=points
its just another name for points used in yarold
:3
@Duo
couldn't have said it better myself
I also use yarold for Dragon Cave
my dragon babies need clicks
x3

(0) (0)

[ 149 posts ]