Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 238 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Wild Knuffel: Create your own Knuffel [PLEASE READ UPDAT
Posted: Mar 11th, '12, 11:27    

Rawring Taters

Hugs: 20596
Mood: On a Hiatus for now ~ On sub daily though, come bug me there <3
Firn wrote:It's no big deal if parts of the Knuffel during its evolution like tails get close to the border. Just the base itself should have the margins on the sides.

Sorry for the late reply xD; -shot-

Anyway, awesome ;A; Im so glad. I was worried Id have to change the pose of the tail. Hopefully Ill have time to finish it soon.

(0) (0)
[[Desperately searching for these knuffels: Air gen 3 and 4 and 8, -, Fire gen 1, -]]

Tonight on top gear:
...And on that bombshell...

[My Quest thread] [My Wish list] [My Sale Thread]
Popo is my kofk Lover :U touch her and Ill poke you with a spork!
I also adore me some Akiiii <3

Post subject: Re: Wild Knuffel: Create your own Knuffel
Posted: Mar 12th, '12, 18:55    

AmuletMoon

Hugs: 8875
Mood: Bored, always bored...
I know it says we can't do exact characters from X anime or Y video game, but can we submit fan characters? Such as OCs or other fan creations that are used in person to person RPs and the like. I read somewhere that a user submitted their KofK OC (be it an avatar or actual Knuffel, I'm not sure), but that's not really the same as an outside fan character (i.e. a fan Sailor Senshi). Thanks!

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: Mar 12th, '12, 18:59    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214787
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
AmuletMoon wrote:I know it says we can't do exact characters from X anime or Y video game, but can we submit fan characters? Such as OCs or other fan creations that are used in person to person RPs and the like. I read somewhere that a user submitted their KofK OC (be it an avatar or actual Knuffel, I'm not sure), but that's not really the same as an outside fan character (i.e. a fan Sailor Senshi). Thanks!

As long as you are the one who created that character, and not someone else, you are fine. If it was created by someone else, you cannot use it here.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 12th, '12, 21:31    

AmuletMoon

Hugs: 8875
Mood: Bored, always bored...
Yay! This is great because I draw the most inspiration from my fandoms. Thanks!

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: Mar 18th, '12, 05:05    

dancrgurl

Hugs: 4547
Mood: Content
I'm sorry if it's posted somewhere and I just missed it but, is there a base that we can use aside from the examples that are shown on the front page?

I've been searching everywhere and I can't seem to find a plain base >.<

Nevermind I found them LOL

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Mar 21st, '12, 13:32    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214787
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Just re-posting this form the feedback forum as it might be of interest to everyone:

I think I'll take the time to comment on some of the suggestions, even though I have to start with the fact that I think it is yet too early and the system has not been out for long enough to really make any final conclusions and major changes yet. However, I am reading all the feedback and considering every option and as we have stated in the announcement already, we reserved the right to tweak the system if necessary.

First of all I should make clear that, even though I think some users have by now realized that there was no connection between server issues and Wild Knuffel uploads after all, well...there was no connection between server issues and Wild Knuffel uploads. Uploading Wild Knuffel is not what was causing the issues. It was merely the sudden popularity of this feature that made online user numbers jump up by 50% and the raise in activity caused lags especially during active hours. However, as you probably have noticed, by now the hype went down, active user numbers went down to our usual average and the server is working better again.

The second point I'd like to address is something that we have already tweaked: We have changed the rates by which prices fall and raise, so that now Wild Knuffel prices should not fall below 1000 food anymore. This wasn't a great change though, and it was only really severely noticeable for the first 1-2 days after the price was adjusted retroactively, but I think by now the change is not so noticeable anymore and if you go to the Wild Knuffel page you will see that from 36 pages of Wild Knuffel (if sorted by price) only the first 2 (!) pages have Knuffel that cost more than the original 2500 food, so the system still works in your favor.

The third thing I would like to address is something that you might probably not be so happy about and that was not something that was really suggested, but is something of which your feedback made me realize was a reasonable measure: Wild Knuffel will in the future only give you food for every second level up.
Why did we decide to do that?
As I have explained somewhere in the announcement (and I think it was already quoted somewhere here), the Wild Knuffel were not, despite popular believe, designed as a food sink. All the measures like stripping them of their ability to dig and making them earn less food for leveling than Knufftropolis Knuffel, or giving the creator only 50% were measures to reduce the mass of even more food that gets pumped into the economy through this feature, but did not serve as measure to remove food from the economy, as eventually Knuffel earn the owner a multiple of what he payed for them if leveled all up.
People complain about the creator of the Knuffel earning a great amount of food, but just to give you an example: If a user has for example 50 Knuffel (I am well aware that many users don't have that much, but on the other hand there are also many who have way more than that!) these Knuffel will earn you about 300000 food over time. And that is just for Wild Knuffel, Knufftropolis Knuffel give you double as much.
For one Wild Knuffel, that as you can see on the Wild Knuffel page costs average less more than 2000 food (and only half of that gets taken out of the system), you earn about 6000 food. So the whole system basically adds 6000 food for every average 1500 food it takes out of the economy.
The main problem I have with that is that users don't really notice. They aren't aware of what a powerful food-granting system Knuffel are, because you always only get really small amount sat a time. 1 food, 2 food, 10 food, or even 100 food at a time does not seem like a lot. And then, of course it takes quite some time to level a Wild Knuffel up to Level 100.
So users have the feeling they aren't really getting much and it does indeed take a lot of time to get the amount of food.
But just to give you some hypothetical maths:
If all the Wild Knuffel that are in Knufftropolis right now would get sold, they would, over time possibly add another 540.000.000 food to the economy. Yes, 540 MILLION. Of course this might take some years, some users might lose interest and never get their Knuffel up to Level 100, most certainly not all 500 Knuffel of each type will be sold, but constantly new Knuffel get added and in a few years the virtual economy of Kingdom Of Knuffel might be a complete mess because of that.
And because the food granting ability of Wild Knuffel is something users don't really pay attention to much, because they don't seem to be aware what a powerful food-granting system this is, because many of them only see the "Ah my one Knuffel just gave me lousy 17 food", instead of seeing the whole picture and the whole possible consequences of that, we have decided to reduce this food granting tool, so now Wild Knuffel will only give you food for every second level up.
You will still be able to get back more than what you payed for the Knuffel assuming you payed the average price of 2500 for a Wild Knuffel, and up to 3000 food you will still get back the full price.
I hope people understand why we decided to do this. The effect of this isn't something that weights heavily on the single user, it is not like you will notice a great devastating difference in your food earning, but for the whole economy, this small measure will be a great relieve.

So, now to the actual point, the Knuffel upload limit:
This is something I will consider, but not as of now. I think it is too early for that. The Wild Knuffel feature has only been up for a little more than 2 weeks. The hype is still there, but you can already see that every day less and less Wild Knuffel get added. The hype will most likely wear down, people might lose interest or run out of ideas and soon there might not really be much new Wild Knuffel at all.
One of the reasons why I came up with the Wild Knuffel feature to begin with is simply because I cannot keep up anymore. I just cannot keep up with the pace with which I have to constantly work on new updates, including Knuffel and again and again and again people were screaming for more Knuffel and faster. Some people would go as far as adopting 50 (!) Knuffel of the same kind, just so the ones in Knufftropolis would be gone and I would have to add a new one. They were constantly screaming fr more and faster. I am sorry that this feature now is hitting the ones who were not doing so the hardest, the users who said the pace at which they were added was okay and that they were glad the waiting between the new Knuffel gave them enough time to earn enough food for new ones. These certainly don't deserve to be flooded with a mass of Knuffel they cannot keep up with, though to the ones who constantly said "someone please buys the last 10 X Knuffel so we finally get a new Knuffel", something I saw all the time, I can just say: Serves you right, you got what you wanted.
But back to the main point: I think after just a little more than two weeks it is still to early to predict whether it will continue at this pace or whether it will drastically slow down. Should it continue at this pace I think adding an upload limit per users would not be a bad idea, though I am afraid users would still just use mules if they really wanted to add a new Wild Knuffel that bad. But I think this is something we have to watch for a couple more weeks, because it is impossible to predict. Who knows, maybe in 2-3 months there won't be any new Wild Knuffel at all, and then the "I cannot wait for a new Knuffel, someone please buys the last ones so we get new Knuffel"-thing will start all over again. I think it is really hard to tell how all of this will develop in a few weeks, so for now I would like to watch this a bit more and make the final decision at some later point.

I think the last thing that was addressed is the 50% the creator of the Knuffel gets.
Some people said it should be lowered, though I am really undecided on this one. As someone who constantly has to create new Knuffel I am aware of how many hours of work creating a Knuffel can be and I think people who put a lot of effort into their Knuffel should be reward appropriately. People who don't put much effort into their Knuffel don't really get that much food out of it anyways as not many people adopt their Knuffel.
But as said, I am still undecided, so I'd like to hear some more arguments regarding this. Pros and cons.

Oh, and I think I forgot one last thing: The suggested upload fee. That's the one thing I can say I already don't agree with. The creators of Wild Knuffel already have to pay to get their own Knuffel and then they earn food anyways with it. It just seems like a unnecessary shifting around of food: I pay you so you can pay me, etc. I don't think it would lead anywhere and at best it might keep new users from creating their Knuffel.

If I forgot to comment on some kind of argument or suggestion, please state so.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 21st, '12, 14:23    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131932
Mood: (◡‿◡)
My 2c is really to agree with everything above, everything seems sensible and logical. I would say that I am happy with the 50% for the creator, since as you say, if it's not as good you don't get as much fp anyway. Plus, good artists are always going to make more money on a site like this (with doing avatar art etc) so I think it's a natural feature and a natural percentage, really.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 22nd, '12, 16:57    

ml1201

Hugs: 63510

Well, I like the changes for the most part, but now I'll be struggling to get enough food up to get the wild ones I want since when they go out for 2500 food, with the every even level food thing you only make a total of 2550 food. So I'll have to wait for the prices to drop on some of them before buying. :qhehe:

(0) (0)
ImageWish list on profile, too long for siggyWild Knuffel Items Trade ThreadImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

[ 238 posts ]