Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 12910 posts ] 
Nine.  39%  [ 176 ]
He really did have his charms.  27%  [ 119 ]
And this is absolutely his most memorable moment.  34%  [ 152 ]
Total votes : 447
 Post subject: Re: [#SHERLOCKLIVES] 221B Baker Street//✈ Allons-y!
Posted: Mar 16th, '24, 06:06    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101402
Mood: spiritual
yeah. im glad i did.

now i have to do another, harder, thing for my mental health... which is to move out. oh, housing prices, i pray you'll fall.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Mar 16th, '24, 23:13    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 113220
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
That is a double edge sword, because as they do it comes its own merit of problems.
They shouldn't have been allowed to get so ridiculous high.
The average house price in my country is only affordable if you make at least twice the average income. That alone says everything about house prices you need to know. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: Mar 18th, '24, 13:31    

chuunibyou

Dream-Baby wrote: Mar 16th, '24, 23:13 The average house price in my country is only affordable if you make at least twice the average income. That alone says everything about house prices you need to know. :}
are you in the UK? you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable answering. i'm only asking because i have heard this from my friend who is in the UK as well as youtubers living there and general hearsay.

if i don't move out, my family will stress me out. if i move out, my finances will stress me out...

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Mar 19th, '24, 00:15    

Dream-Baby

Not UK, NL, but same mess in the housing department. :}

(0) (0)
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: Mar 23rd, '24, 10:55    

chuunibyou

it's sad to know that it's such a widespread global problem. housing should be a universal provision imo

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 23rd, '24, 23:26    

Dream-Baby

I'm just sad that unless I win the lottery I will never be able to buy a house of my own.
Even buying ground to build one myself is beyond my current financial ability.
I blame capitalism and entitlement, Almost 90% of the houses build in my hometown and surroundings in the last 10 years was massive single family homes costing enough that only two working adults with above average income would qualify for a mortgage. :}

(0) (0)
You are a Fox!

Image. Image

Posted: Apr 20th, '24, 04:36    

Outline

Hugs: 5744
Mood: Illustrating
Man if I could just win like 50k, that'd be awesome. I don't mind moving into another trailer home, but I would prefer an apartment or a flat of my own.

(0) (0)
~A woman can dream~

Posted: Apr 20th, '24, 22:27    

Dream-Baby

50k would not be enough around here to alleviate anything in my housing situation. But that is because any winnings here are taxed, so after that the remainder will likely just go up on bills. :}

(0) (0)
You are a Fox!

Image. Image

Posted: Apr 20th, '24, 22:59    

Outline

Hugs: 5744
Mood: Illustrating
Dream-Baby wrote: Apr 20th, '24, 22:27 50k would not be enough around here to alleviate anything in my housing situation. But that is because any winnings here are taxed, so after that the remainder will likely just go up on bills. :}
I could buy a medium tiny house for my daughter and I with that kind of money. Or put down on a trailer home. Winnings are taxed where I live too. c:

(0) (0)
~A woman can dream~

Posted: Apr 21st, '24, 20:06    

Dream-Baby

The cheapest Tiny house that you can buy where I live that would pass through code is about 150k, and that is without the cost of having to buy/rent land to put it.
With 31k (winning minus tax) you can maybe, if you are lucky and find a cheap one, buy a storage shed/garage box.
Btw with my income the max I can mortgage is 29k. So I went and looked around just to see what was available for that. :}

(0) (0)
You are a Fox!

Image. Image

[ 12910 posts ]