Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 8494 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: The Ethereal Saloon
Posted: Jul 26th, '20, 05:49    

jadepanda-ai

Hugs: 8180
I think I might have a few I could send to you from my Animal Crossing person, haven't uploaded them yet though lol :mcheh: :mcheh:

I still need to get back on studying more...
spelling does seem a bit hard at times though, I always mix up which syllables stack or where to put the 'o' shaped hangeul, the one that's a 'ng/null' sound, since it sort of fills certain spaces with spelling
also, another random question on pronunciation though what's the difference between like 's' and 'ss' and 'b' and 'bb'? I saw in a video where someone kept asking which pronunciation it was between... I think it was 'b' and 'bb' or 'g' and 'gg', but the two examples of which the word used sounded the same to me :mcconf:
Spoiler
also, so, I might've did a thing :mcheh: :mcheh:
figured I'd slip it into a spoiler here.
soooooooooo
I -maaay- have reserved a guinea pig baby for adoption, he won't be ready till the 4th, but I'm kind of excited.
I haven't met him yet, but I've seen pics, and I flippin' love him, he's super adorable~
also, his bday is 7-7-2020. and 7 is considered a lucky number, and 2020 is like, perfect vision. so he's like double-lucky-perfect~
still getting stuff set up, and getting any extra supplies I'll need for him.
this link has a pic of him, he's the second one with the dark face labeled as "magic"
I'm sort of thinking of calling him Waffles, for some reason he gives me a "Waffles" vibe :mcheh: :mcheh: :mcheh:
http://lilsqueakslittlepets.weebly.com/ ... -sale.html

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 26th, '20, 09:25    

Nankuii

Hugs: 283875
Mood: que sera sera
lol no rush ^^

it is a little difficult, and quite frankly, there are words you just need to memorize how to spell. no "way" of spelling. just memorizing.

double consonants has a "harsher" sound. they shouldn't really sound the same though. just a matter of getting used to!
for example:
bang = soft b
bbang = hard b, almost like pronouncing a p
Spoiler
well he is absolutely adorable :) and i think a waffles is a cute name!
i'm just hoping you're mentally safe before taking care of another pet, i know it was hard from your previous rats. but i think you'll make a wonderful owner nonetheless

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 27th, '20, 04:13    

jadepanda-ai

I still need to upload them >.<
I made a tumblr account, but keep feeling weird about using it, Idk why :mcheh: :mcsweat: :mcsweat: :mcsweat:
also, finally changed my avi on here, really kind of liking how it turned out. kinda wanna draw it :mcheh:

ah that makes sense. think my confusion was because I heard... hope this doesn't sound confusing. it was a pre-debut kpop group, a few of the members are Japanese and were saying a word back and forth going "is it *this* or *this*?" and the spelling showed a single an then another showed the double, but they were talking fast so it sounded the same :mcheh:
I also get confused too, when there's something like... like the name Jin Woo, for example, is spelled in hangeul more like "Jin U" but could be spelled either "u" "Wu" or "Woo". and it makes me wonder how to know exactly which spelling/pronounciation to use when you see names like that.
Spoiler
I think I am mentally/emotionally ready, but I think part of it is that I sort of need an emotional-support sort of critter as well.
things just feel.. harder? on my own, if that makes sense?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 27th, '20, 09:28    

Nankuii

ah... i had a tumblr account ages back. just wasn't really into it tho
i think your avatar is unique!! i mean, whose blood is that? no one will ever know. you should draw it hehe

yeah, i could see how saying them fast will confuse the pronunciation lol

haha yeah i agree, romanization is definitely tricky. especially when there can be no "direct" romanization
Spoiler
of course that makes sense :) if you feel prepared to take care of a lovely animal, i think it's fine. are you planning to get him a friend later on?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 27th, '20, 10:05    

jadepanda-ai

ah, gotcha. do you know a good photo sharing app you trust?
tumblr makes me feel weird because it's home page seems so... social?
was kinda hoping for something more like how photobucket used to be, where you upload pics and the only people who really see it are people you share with. it was also a nice place to put gifs ore pics to use as a signature before they changed stuff :\

I did draw it :mcglee:
may pen it in and add color too, but it's really late here now lol (it's almost 3am here when I'm posting this lol :mcheh: )
and think I have to fix the hair, part of it looks weird :mcheh: :mcsweat:

ah, that does make sense, romanization can be tricky with stuff it seems...
Spoiler
I might get him a buddy later on, but I've read with boys that they typically go solo. I would've adopted his brother as well, but he had already been claimed at that point.
I had originally, when thinking about guinea pigs, planned to get two girls. but the main pet store doesn't have guinea pigs or critters right now 'cause of covid. and the Humane Soceity kept only getting older pigs, and really wanted a younger pig (was originally thinking a piggie around a few months to a year old?) so I'd have more time with them. feel pretty lucky to have found Waffles when I did, and I'll get to see him grow and whatever personality changes he'll have since he's a baby.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 27th, '20, 11:35    

Luluannabell

Hugs: 41120
Mood: ~<3
Hi sorry I just want to jump in here because of the guinea pigs really. My brother keeps a group of them.

but I've went to I think it's called imgbb for pictures? Or imgur, if you have an account I think you can make it private. I am very sad about photobucket myself.
Spoiler
Guinea pigs are actually usually kept in groups regardless of gender, I haven't heard that any of the genders do better solo. Some countries have declared single guinea pig keeping to be animal cruelty and made it illegal.
If you keep a single one you may have health issues, personality issues or they won't live as long because of stress or boredom from being alone a lot, so if you can keep two (since they need a lot of space), I'd suggest finding a second one soon-ish. It's better to introduce guinea pigs when they are young as otherwise they may become aggressive to each other. If you're planning on getting him a buddy later on you will have to be super careful so they don't hurt each other.

That's just what I know. Either way I hope you have fun with your guinea pig. I totally get that need to cuddle things and have thought about getting a pet myself, but I do not have the space in my apartment for a cuddly pet :mcheh:

(0) (0)
help

Posted: Jul 27th, '20, 18:03    

jadepanda-ai

imgur! that's the one I meant to get!
got it and tumblr mixed up 'cause they sound similar.

I'll look into getting a second one, I remember with rats how much they needed to be in groups. I'll ask the people I'm getting him from about it, maybe see if I can get a boy from their next litter so they're close in age. or get one sooner if I can find one, since covid is keeping them out of petstores atm it seems..

edit~
avi pics
I forgot the shoulder bunny though :mcheh: :mcsweat: (didn't realize until after I colored everything in...)
Spoiler

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 29th, '20, 01:03    

Nankuii

jade: as lulu said, i also like imgur ^^
Spoiler
so is he considered a baby right now? :o
and drawing looks cute! the blood on the right looks like it's coming out of the eye haha

lulu: oh wow :o groups?? like, 8?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 29th, '20, 06:01    

jadepanda-ai

imgur seems really nice so far~
I only uploaded those two pics, but reminds me of an upgraded version of photobucket which is super nice~
kinda annoys me that I forgot the shoulder bunny in the drawing though :mcsweat:

yeah, he's still a baby, he was born 7-7-2020, so he's only... 3 weeks old now.
asked the people I'm getting him from about buddies, and they said they've had mixed experiences with housing boys together, that when they get older they can tend to become territorial and aggressive/fight with their cage-mates :mcgasp:
(also, they said I could pick him up by saturday~ the day is coming up super fast!)

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 30th, '20, 06:46    

Nankuii

ugh, super sad and mad about photobucket

shoulder bunny went to the market c:

oh... oof. then maybe getting a bud when he's younger might be better? i know nothing about pets lol

now thinking about it, i don't think i've seen one up close personally... i feel they're much bigger than what i think hahah

(0) (0)

[ 8494 posts ]