few months  16%  [ 13 ]
YEARSSSSSSS  31%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 81
 Post subject: Re: ł nan's art ł [CLOSED]
Posted: Aug 7th, '19, 00:24    

light_sucks

Hugs: 158568
Mood: vaguely alive
I am an olllllld woman. lol. Everyone's younger than me.
No worries. Be gleeful. It's good to be happy.

Well I definitely ain't earned more than that. lol.

That's nice. Do they do the rent because otherwise you wouldn't be able to get disability or something? Aw, that's nice. I have to do all of my own calling because Kevin has super severe anxiety. I have it too but I'm a little better at biting the bullet.

Oh man, Akili is like that. She's not disabled, but she cares for the elders in her family and they don't have much income at all. She's so hardcore. It's amazing.

I can do some very mild helping with cooking and stuff. I get tired so quickly. It's awful.

No it was definitely for his disability veteran thing. Because his healthy son got it too. I got it until I turned 26 as long as I was in school and passing.

I think it's super annoying that it's different. Like it should all go into the same pot. Because rich people can actually afford to have assets and stuff that will help take care of them in their old age.

It do suck. Thank you.

When I get it I'll open one up. I like Chase because I can easily send and receive money from Kevin. I don't know if any other banks can do that.

That's way too true. I just really hope the rest of the US wakes up and starts voting for not shit people.

Could be.

Oh Kevin likes to make bread. It's a bit of a process though. He makes a no knead recipe that tastes really good. It's like a tiny bit cheaper than buying a loaf of bread but a ton of work. It's nice to do once in a while. Thank you hun.

Nankuii - I'm glad that you noticed it. I had noticed it for a while but I was too anxious to call them so it cost us like 30 bucks. So sad.

No problem. You are nice to talk to. :qh:

It's like a super popular birthday. I have no idea why. It's weird.

Both:

My mortgage is going to be around 710 a month. Electric is about 100 per month, water is 150 every two months, internet is 70 bucks a month, food is at least 300 a month, car payment/insurance is like 400 all together, cell plan is 150, and my medicine is about 100 per month. Not to mention doctors appointments, any kind of entertainment or emergency stuff, or animal care/food.

And to be honest, a lot of that is super low. Like we are very strict about our electricity usage. We have an amazing rate on our car payment because Kevin's grandfather cosigned with him. We go to walmart or aldis for most of our food. I do require a lot of 'convenience food' too. Stuff that I can just heat up or eat as is, since I can't really do much food prep. I haven't gotten a new phone in like 3-4 years. We have the cheapest internet plan available. Kevin's grandparents pay for our garbage pick up.

I get judged ALL the time. It's awwwffuuuul. I'm super lucky and have a mostly invisible illness. Unless I'm limping around or in my wheelchair people assume I'm just a lazy fatass who mooches off of my husband. Even if they see me limping around or in my wheelchair they are sometimes awful. Like I wish I didn't have to go to work. I wish that my husband would do all the cooking. Blah blah blah. I'm like I wish you could feel like all of my pain for an entire day and we'll see how you feel after that. Butt heads.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: Aug 7th, '19, 04:16    

Audriella

Hugs: 12503
I don’t mean to change the subject (I also completely lost track of conversational threads), but I may be seeing a friend I haven’t seen since graduation 7 years ago soon!

We’re super close, and he’s defending in October!

I’m excited! Unnecessary exclamation point!

My parents do rent because if they don’t, my SSI gets cut.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 7th, '19, 09:28    

light_sucks

No worries dear.

Oh, that's so nice! I'm glad that you get to see a friend soon! That sounds like a lot of fun.

Defending what? -confused-

I totally understand the exclamation points. I get a little overzealous with mine as well.

I figured that's what it was. I'm glad your parents seem a lot nicer than my mom.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Aug 7th, '19, 18:09    

Audriella

He is a lot of fun to talk to. :D

His thesis. He’s a graduate student. I’m really happy for him because I remember him being nervous about getting into the state college for undergrad.

Lol it would be funny if he literally had to defend his thesis from an army of...something.

A lot of the frustrating things are dealing with my disability. But anyone would be frustrated. I’m lucky to have my parents.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 7th, '19, 20:21    

light_sucks

That's great. Some people are really nice to talk to.

Ahhhh. That makes more sense now. I was so confused. lol. Do you know what he's majoring in/what his thesis is about?

From what I know of thesis' is that you go in front of a few people who've read it and answer their questions. I'm not positive though.
But if he had to do a literally tower of defense type thing that would be very interesting. lol.

Oh yah. Dealing with my disability is super frustrating as well. I hate that literally everyone around me is more able bodied than me. Like even Kevin's 75+ granny is more able bodied than me. It's ridiculous.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Aug 7th, '19, 21:33    

Audriella

He’s studying chemical engineering! His thesis is actually really interesting, but I’m also kind of a nerd who finds everything cool.

how others react to my disability is very telling. It’s sad sometimes, but sometimes (rarely) great.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 8th, '19, 09:07    

Nankuii

Hugs: 284878
Mood: que sera sera
light: Ohh :o

Many babies born on the 8th, I see

It's so nice of his grandpapa/parents to help!! :'o

Ah, butt heads indeed >:c

Audriella: Aw that's nice! Anything planned for the day? :D

On the disability topic: I'm sure it's different from everyone, but what is deemed an appropriate reaction/conversation when encountering it from someone else? Did that make sense?
I never seem to know what to do, and unless they need support, I try to interact normally... But I know some also just want the elephant outta the room, yknow?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 10th, '19, 01:23    

light_sucks

That does sound cool. Kevin was studying industrial engineering but he hated it. Too bad because they make bank. lol. I find lots of things interesting as well.

Oh yah. It can be. It's annoying some time.

Yeah, I have no idea why. lol.

It is really nice. Thank goodness.

I would go with don't mention it unless they mention it. Try not to compare things. Like if someone says I have chronic migraines don't say oh I get headaches too. It they mention something that you don't understand you can ask for qualifiers but if they say they don't want to get into it then you should let it go.

Also usually if someone needs help they will ask for it. Though if you think that they REALLY do need help then you should ask before you actually do anything.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Aug 10th, '19, 03:09    

Audriella

I met his friend who has a similar disease to me! We talked for hours. It was great. :D

So someone I sort of know passed away Wednesday evening. He had the same condition as me. I really hope his family is doing okay and that he is finally at peace.

I sort of don’t feel like talking right now. Most of what I’d say would be a wildly tangential joke and not conducive to conversation.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 10th, '19, 04:13    

light_sucks

Oh, it's nice to be able to talk to someone who is similar to you. I'm glad that you got to experience that.

Aw. I'm so sorry hun. That really sucks. I hope that they are all coping okay.

I understand. It's fine. I hope that you do feel like talking soon. :qh:

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

[ 972 posts ]