Reading?  4%  [ 10 ]
:food:  39%  [ 98 ]
Total votes : 254
 Post subject: Re: Hardcover or softcover
Posted: Oct 24th, '14, 17:45    

Taiki

Hugs: 4200
Mood: Happy!
Quite difficult question for me. Softcovers are very easily destroyed and hardcovers are quite heavy, especially when I need to carry them in my handbag. But in general, I probably prefer hardcovers.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 25th, '14, 01:46    

VioletSparkle

Hugs: 16471
I like books in hard cover, but most of the books I own are in soft cover. They are the only ones that I can afford.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 31st, '14, 07:00    

jadepanda-ai

Hugs: 8133
I prefer hardcover, but if I can only find the book I'm looking for in softcover that's fine with me as well

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 4th, '14, 23:11    

Lord Energy Drink

Hugs: 2576
Mood: Jolly
I really like softcovers.
Maybe that's because I used to read when travelling and it's easier to bring than a hardcover, but I also like the feel of it, and I think it looks better in my bookcase.
However it's really stupid that they damage so easily...

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Nov 5th, '14, 03:59    

Nightingale

Hugs: 1958
I like hardcovers most of the time.
If the book is really thin I don't see much of a point in a hardcover, or if it's a light novel.
I cannot stand e-books though, they hurt my eyes since I read for hours at a time if I like a book.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 14th, '15, 12:32    

Khalessii

Hugs: 45364
I prefer hardcovers but softcover versions are cheaper and practical to my student allowance for now. if I can't find hardcover/softcover on local bookstores near my hometown then I resort to e-books.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 8th, '15, 04:29    

Anja Sedai

Hugs: 824
Mood: Liminal
Most hardcover books never really feel comfortable to me. Too big and bulky. I do like some of the smaller hard cover editions though. I love my hardcover set of Library of America books for Philip K. Dick. If all hardcovers were like that I would buy a lot more.

Mostly though I prefer paperback or ebook, depending on the book, because they're a lot more comfortable to hold and a lot more portable. Also a lot cheaper.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: May 30th, '15, 09:33    

madmaud94

Hugs: 596
Softcover is easier, you can roll back whichever side has less pages and focus on just one side; helps with bad eyesight. Just not the super-tight text that's crammed into a tiny frame on newsprint(like some of Stephen King's re-released novels), those are bad news.

Plus, if you read lying down or something, it's easier to hold above your face (with one hand!) without the fear of losing grip and getting a hard corner to the eye. :mcangry:

And there are so many hidden treasures in paperback form, especially at secondhand places and libraries--ones that never received enough recognition to bother with the hardcover release and the like.

Also yes, teh monies.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 12th, '15, 09:11    

soulreaper

Hugs: 4563
I have mostly softbacks due to they tend to be cheaper. Most of my hardbacks are from yard sales though a few of my softbacks are from them as well. I do have many many free books on my Kindle due to Amazon. Either way, books are books to me ^.^

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 14th, '15, 20:32    

Kipkn

Hugs: 4265
For any book that I might want to carry around with me as I read it, I want paperback because it is flexible and fits better in a purse, and I don't like messing up my hardcover books. For any book that I will reread (usually one in a series), I prefer hardcover because it is more durable.

The reason I get ebooks (when I do) is usually because I find it cheap (some on sale for ~$2) or I really want the book now (and want to be able to sneak reading it while at work).

I love to have a pristine hardcover copy of books that I loved as a child.

(0) (0)

[ 120 posts ]