Introverted!  48%  [ 19 ]
Extroverted!  15%  [ 6 ]
Ambivert??  38%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 40
 Post subject: Re: A Home For Shadows
Posted: May 21st, '14, 23:45    

Whimsical

Hugs: 6683
Softly in my disappearing heart, a dream is shining...

LT
    That's awesome to hear! I finished my test but I'm not too confident about it ^^;; I opened up the test booklet, read the first question and promptly realized that I had no idea what it was asking.. It was 80 multiple choice questions in 50min then 3 essays ;w; I skipped like 15 MC and botched all three essays because I was too general. I'm gonna fly away now lol.

How was your day? ^o^ Anything eventful happen? And I love your avatar btw! I think it's the royal/regal/aristocrat air that draws me in.

(0) (0)
Merchant Mule for Mir!

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 05:34    

meg1124

Hugs: 4590
Um hello there everyone!! I'm trying to become more active on forums...I would love to join in on this hangout and talk to some people! Sooo...

Hi I'm Meg1124 but you can just call me Meg. :mccute: I love learning about other cultures and traveling. After I graduate college I want to go teach english in a non-english speaking country, preferably in South Korea or Japan. Traveling the world is my biggest dream! :mcglee:

Now that I kind of announced myself i will try to blend in with conversation...

@Whimsical
Sorry your not confident about your test! I know how that is...My first college finals this past year nearly put me under the table...I'm sure you did just fine!! :mcwink:

@Whimsical/Twitch/Jinxy
This is a pretty stupid question and sorry if I'm being a noob but How do you change the color of your font?? I would love to make mine a nice blue! :mccute:

@Shadow/Everyone
Thanks for making this thread Shadow...I hope its okay to join in a little late? I always feel like a bother when I try to enter a hangout and they are on the 1000th some page, so I was hoping this one would be ok since it doesn't have too many pages yet...

(0) (0)
PLEASE GO VISIT MY POKEFARM AND CLICK PLEASE

Link:http://pfq.me/~b

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 17:15    

Jinxy_Chan

Hugs: 21653
Mood: Frabjous
@Shadow: It scared me a little at first but I'm a lot more confident now.
I messed up a few times but thankfully just on the dolls head.
The tutors are amazing and teach your everything you need to know,
and techniques to get the best results.

Hi Whim.
I hope your exam goes well!
Good luck.

@Lieu: I'm hoping to be a tutor soon.
I've never taught before but it has been something that interested me from a young age.
Oh gosh yeah! Chucky was one heck of a creepy movie.
>.< That must have sucked to be so scared you couldn't sleep.
I've always been fine,
they may creepy me out a little but nothing seemed to really scare me.
Well clowns and spiders scare me but I make sure I do not see them often haha.
Hehe I like giving things names,
maybe they will like me for naming them and work for me!
I can get rid of all the bad people then!

Hi Meg!
I'd love the travel to so many places!
There are so many cool things to see.

There is a font colour panel to the right of your page when you reply to a post,
Select a colour and then make sure what you type comes before the [ / colour ] as this ends the colour.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 18:04    

meg1124

@Jinxy
So thats what these color boxes on the side were for...wow I'm pretty embarrassed now... :mcblush: Thank you for the help!! :mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 18:33    

Jinxy_Chan

Hugs: 21653
Mood: Frabjous
Hehe no worried.
Don't feel embarrassed,
happens to all of us.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 20:43    

LieutenantTwitch

Hugs: 2369
Mood: Every day is a chance for a new start.
    @Whimsy -
    Oh no. I hate it when that happens! But maybe you didn't do as badly as you think? I don't know, that tends to happen sometimes too.

I've been pet sitting for a friend's family this past week, so there hasn't been many eventful things happening for me, but my days have still been good. This is the second time I've done this and I like to take the opportunity to binge on movies and TV shows. XD I love it.

And thank you! That's more or less what I was going for, so I'm glad you like it.

@Jinxy -
    I loved being a tutor. It's one of the things I miss the most about college. There's nothing quite like tutoring in a college environment.
    I know! D: Even now I still get creeped out, even though it doesn't scare me anymore. The idea of murderous dolls will always be creepy, I think.
    Really, I don't think I've ever met anyone who actually likes clown. How have they managed to stick around for so long, I wonder.
    You're right! You gain their favor and they'll do your bidding! (Theoretically.) Classic move.

Hey there, Meg! I have several friends who've taken up that career path and from what I can tell, they seem to really be enjoying themselves.
    And I can understand your hesitation about joining a big hangout. I feel the same way sometimes. But really, it doesn't matter how big or small the hangout happens to be. Unless it's one of those private ones, everyone is welcoming all the same. ^^

(0) (0)

'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept.
Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby.
But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.'

Color Me Happy (An LGBTQIA hangout) - come check it out!

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 22:36    

Whimsical

Hugs: 6683
Softly in my disappearing heart, a dream is shining...

Meg
    Hi there! Glad you were able to figure out how to change colors, haha. Don't worry, I was really confused too :P

But anyway, what places have you traveled to already if you have? I also want to travel but not really as extensively as you do, haha.

Also, thanks! My peers didn't finish the multiple choice either AND they also botched an essay or two so I feel less self conscious xD I'm sure you did well on college finals as well~! Do you get your scores back soon?

Jinxy
    Hi! Thanks for the luck, I needed it on that day xD Your avatar is also nice btw owo Idk, I like looking at it? haha I'm weird. Anyway, how are you today? o:

LT
    I hope not ;w; We were talking about it in class today and everyone else seemed to have had similar problems? Idk that's not good but it makes me feel better xD

And ooh, what pets do they have? I love pets and I wanna pet-sit too but I don't have time for anything D: school takes up all of it and it totally sucks.

(0) (0)
Merchant Mule for Mir!

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 23:01    

meg1124

@Twitch
Haha thank you! I love hearing about others who teach english in other countries! :mcglee: I still have another 4 years before I go but i'm so excited and i'm trying my best to learn the language. Unfortunatly my parents don't approve of my decision but I have decided that if it is still what I want 4 years from now, I will still achieve my dream. :mccute: My mom has finally come around a little bit and said that she's okay with me going but i'm still pretty much doing this by myself...its ok though, it will be worth it because its my dream! :mchappy:

hehe sorry for getting kind of serious there...

@Whimsy
Yea can't believe it was that easy to change the colors...fail... :mcblush:

I have traveled to Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and England, and Canada. My father is taking me to Italy 2 summers from now to visit the whole country. We still have family that live in Italy so it will be nice to meet them! I'm also going to do a study abroad in Italy in Florence. During my study abroad I am going to take a train up to Switzerland. I want to skydive with the view of the beautiful mountains...

I was suppose to go to Japan 3 years ago, but that was when the horrible earthquakes and tsunamis hit Japan, so that trip was canceled...I desperately wanted to help the relief effort but I was only 15 at the time...

Then of course my plans to teach for a few years in South Korea or Japan...

Sorry I just basically told you my traveling plans for the next 6 years...

And yes I got my scores back!! :mccute: I managed to get my A's for the semester!!

(0) (0)

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 23:07    

Shadorilia

Hugs: 6831
Mood: High on Life and Love
AAAAAAAAAAH~ I've been on hiatus! DDD:
-flops around on bed exasperatingly-
I'm so sorry everyone!!! DDDDD:

OKIE~ Time to get back on schedule. >>:I

-----

@Whimsical
Ooooh~! I absolutely love your name. *-* It sounds so fancy!
Welcome to the hangout~ ^o^

Gaw. ;u; Thank you... I've actually only gotten into drawing recently—around a few months back? I wish I could draw like those super talented Picasso-like people though. XD

Did you do well on your exam? ^^

@Mouse
It's such a nice place too. ;u; Although I'm more used to places where you can have notifications. D: I suppose I might as well just reside here and on Recolor now (do you want to sign up using a referral link? -hint hint nudge nudge- XD).

Mass Effect... I haven't hear of that~

"Freedom." They make it sound like as if the uniforms were meant to be torture chambers. O.O Hmm... I guess I'm just one of those people who doesn't really care about what I wear. ;u;

@Meg
Hehe~ YEAH~! Welcome! X3 You aren't a bother! >:O No one is a bother here. ^^

I love traveling too~ *-* I've only been to two countries other than the one I live in though. :C

@Jinxy
Hair styling sounds quite difficult. ;u; The farthest I went was cutting my own bangs. I don't ever do fancy things with my hair. D:

(0) (0)

INFP | ♀ | Explorer of the Universe

Back from the dead hangout!

Posted: May 22nd, '14, 23:12    

LieutenantTwitch

Hugs: 2369
Mood: Every day is a chance for a new start.
    @Whimsy -
    I can't tell you how many times that has happened in my physics classes. Grade curves for days. XD The good news there is that if everyone did badly, your teacher might give you guys a curve too. Or throw out the test completely and have another. That's the less fun option.

They have three animals - two dogs and a cat. One dog is a German Shepherd mix, but I forget what she's mixed with. A Chow, maybe? Yeah, I think that's right. Their other dog is Jack Russel Terrier. And their cat is... well... a black cat. And I like her the best.<3 While I was in school, I wouldn't have had time for this either. But, being a graduate still out on the ultimate job hunt, I've got more time on my hands than I care to admit.

@Meg -
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with a sober conversation, so no need to apologize. :3

That's neat that you've found something you're so excited about. And at least your parents have ample time to think about it. Even if they still don't approve, four years from now if you're still just as excited about it, they can at least see how much it means to you and that counts for something. Besides, it's a parent's tendency to be overprotective and worried, but at the end of the day they're your dreams and you should chase them if you really want to.

That's just my two cents, though.

@Shadow -
    Heh. For a second, I almost forgot that Mouse was referring to me.

I do wonder if they're going to add notifications in the future. I remember seeing a thread about it in the support once and people were going back and forth about how difficult it would be to change the coding, or something like that.
    I've never heard of Recolor before. Is it a site like this one?

It's a video game series. Ranked second in my list of top favorite games. But, you know. That's irrelevant. ^^;

Well, I meant more like freedom of choice. That was my bad. They word it better, of course. I've never been big on fashion but I think I'd get tired of wearing the same thing every day.

(0) (0)

'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept.
Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby.
But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.'

Color Me Happy (An LGBTQIA hangout) - come check it out!

[ 317 posts ]