Jump to:

[ 140 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Rune Factory 4
Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 12:56    

Hamda

Hugs: 37355
Mood: dreaming
@oxo

Rune factory 4 is the last installment of the series as the company filled for bankruptcy this year. the NTSC version is out, not sure about the pal one yet though.

Harvest moon and rune factory are different games, I'd say RF is a hybrid of normal RPG style games + harvest moon. different games in the end but both fun and both have you dating cuties :qh:

I'm having alot of trouble with fuzzy ears in this game, he keeps shooting me down :mccry:

(0) (0)
I'm Hamda on Subeta and FR so drop me a hello there!!
ImageImage Image Image

Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 13:30    

Wiltherel

Hugs: 17098
Mood: Shht! I am firing my lazer!
The PAL version will most likely never come.. Which upsets a lot of fans. Reason why I never bothered sending my accidentally wrongly ordered Rune Factory 4. I had mine pre-ordered thinking it would've been European.

Best mistake in my life if I had to be honest.
Can't wait till I FINALLY get an NTSC 3DS

(0) (0)
I haz a shop! Clickies!
Mind feeding them? Thank you~

Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 14:06    

ml1201

Hugs: 63531
Wait, they filed for bankruptcy!? But I would think enough people liked the game to keep making them? Or is it a different reason?

(0) (0)
ImageWish list on profile, too long for siggyWild Knuffel Items Trade ThreadImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 14:46    

PupDragon

Hugs: 25155
Mood: Tired
I don't know why Neverland Co filed for bankruptcy. I do know that the Rune Factory development team had been hired by Marvelous AQL and are currently working on a new project called Forbidden Magna.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 14:59    

ml1201

Is there anything on that? Like if its going to be similar to Rune Factory or not?

(0) (0)
ImageWish list on profile, too long for siggyWild Knuffel Items Trade ThreadImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 15:01    

Hamda

It seems that aside from the RF series the company had no other hits (though they made Lufia which I love...), they started to go into debt years back and the games they put out slimmed down, RF 4 was what you'd call going out in a blaze of glory kindda thing, it was the most successful of the series that the developers promised the fans a sequel... before announcing bankruptcy XD

wait if you don't have the NTSC version of 3ds how do you play the game O__o

I actually got my 3ds this year, most shops sell Pal games but all my fav. were in NTSC at the time (harvest moon, RF4, EOIV...etc) so I got that version. I have to order some of the games on-line but the price difference isn't that big so I'm fine with it. just wish they'd hurry up with the Phoenix wright and fantasy life games already *grumble*

(0) (0)
ImageImage Image Image

Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 15:44    

ml1201

Well, I hope the new game that's going to be made is like Rune Factory, and if only I had of known about the series sooner! :mccry:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 16:00    

Wiltherel

Hugs: 17098
Mood: Shht! I am firing my lazer!
I don't. I have to wait to play mine.
But I can't find them being sold.. Which is a bummer.

*sigh*
And to think the series haven't fully ended yet. Since the protag from 2 is still kind of missing. I sometimes hate living in Europe.

(0) (0)
I haz a shop! Clickies!
Mind feeding them? Thank you~

Posted: Aug 3rd, '14, 16:34    

Hamda

you should just get yours on-line Wil. they don't sell anything over here that isn't pokemon, super mario or some first person shooter game so I get most of my games ordered on-line anyway =/

Ml

the new game in the making looks kindda like RF (and you run a hotel wiht the girls being the maids it seems) so we'll see, it'll be JP only with no plans for any other versions but hopefully they'll re-consider that :mcsquee:

(0) (0)
ImageImage Image Image

Posted: Aug 4th, '14, 02:44    

ml1201

Game play seems interesting, but they could have done much better with the graphics in my opinion. :mcheh: I'll wait to see if there will be an American release and what I can figure out from that for it.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage

[ 140 posts ]