Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 140 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Rune Factory 4
Posted: Aug 17th, '14, 04:18    

ml1201

Hugs: 63460
If she does say it though I haope she'll at least put it in a spoiler, I never played the previous games and I REALLY want to after playing this one. x'D

(0) (0)
ImageWish list on profile, too long for siggyWild Knuffel Items Trade ThreadImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 17th, '14, 04:45    

nuttyjigs

Hugs: 2473
@ml Yup, there's that, the eternal conundrum for female character designs XD As someone who started playing Harvest Moon with Friends of Mineral Town, though, the presence of a female protagonist at all makes me happy enough.

What do you mean, they fix the character designs? :O What's it called? I'm curious now!

@Dragon Well that's not really a spoiler. It's because Micah himself is a Wooly XD Basically in RF3 she was really shy and quiet. Meanwhile, Gaius--

@ml I haven't gotten far in RF3 either HAHAHA I haven't even gotten to the part my friend spoiled, though the foreshadowing is so heavy that it's pretty obvious early on...

Oh! RF4's the best RF game so far, though. I think most people would rate... 4-3-1-2 from best to worst. The first game is really nostalgic for me, though! I liked the art style better back then, too. The coloring was more washed out and watercolor-like and the characters were less...moe? 3 is super cute, though, and there's the amusing option of transforming into a Wooly! XD Also there were 11 bachelorettes in that game man good luck--

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 17th, '14, 14:28    

ml1201

I'm not going to link it but the page is called Repair Her Armor if I remember correctly. XD And once you see it you'll know what I mean about not linking it. Not something you'll want to bring up around little kids. :mcheh:

And that sounds awesome! Wish we had that many bachelors in this one. XD

(0) (0)
ImageWish list on profile, too long for siggyWild Knuffel Items Trade ThreadImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 17th, '14, 17:17    

PupDragon

Hugs: 25003
Mood: Tired
There are 11 bachelorettes in Rune Factory 3? Holy- Why?!?
I hope it's not like Chrono Cross were the large number of characters depleted story content and character development. It sucks when that happens.

Anyway, I am glade that I am not the only one that has a problem with the female protagonist's appearance. But at the same time I am disappointing with how feminine-looking the male protagonist is. I thought he was a girl at first. Is it so hard to make a guy look like a guy? I don't have a problem with feminine-looking characters, so long as you can still tell that they are a guy. If you can't tell that the character is a guy, then you get the feeling that the game artists were not drawing a male character.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 18th, '14, 02:12    

ml1201

True, I would have rather had a guy with a tougher looking appearance, I have a tendency to like bad boys or guys that look like bad boys. XD And Long hair. OWO (I guess its that knight in shining armor thing but with hair like an actually knight of that time era x'D )

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 20th, '14, 15:01    

nuttyjigs

Hugs: 2473
@ml Hahaha, it's a pretty funny blog XD Some of the redesigns are really good, though! I like the one of that angel; poofy shorts are the best~ reminds me of the censorship done for the Bravo Bikini for Edea in Bravely Default that ended up better than the original. Also I realized my biggest pet peeve with female sexualization in media is when a character is wearing full armor except for over her cleavage. I mean, seriously, isn't that an incredibly dangerous place to get stabbed? =n=

@Pup Yeah, I agree. XD Raguna is really the only Rune Factory protagonist who looks like a guy, though he's a pretty boy, too. There's also the whole deal with a lot of shotas in RF4; the one time they let you marry guys, they're almost all shotas! Danggg. Leon forever, I guess. XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 21st, '14, 04:33    

ml1201

I like I'm power leveling or something, my crafting is over 60, forging over 40, medicine over 30 and cooking over 20 with my regular short sword skill over 70 I think. .-. And all before my first winter... :qoops:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 21st, '14, 14:34    

PupDragon

@Nutty; Yes but Character-Leon's personality is the same as my Father-Leon's personality. SO no matter how much I like the character getting married to him just seems ... weird. He is a fun guy though.

@ml; Congratulations.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 21st, '14, 16:21    

ml1201

Thanks, but I seriously think I might be over doing things. x'D I'm learning recipes I can't even make yet. :qoops:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 23rd, '14, 01:15    

PupDragon

Game Hit for - Sharance Maze -

Before entering Sharance Maze (the extra dungeon) if you only want to fight the boss monsters, equip the Rosary accessory before you enter. After you enter the dungeon you can remove the Rosary and still only encounter boss monsters. So you do not have to ware the Rosary for the whole dungeon, just when you enter.

(0) (0)

[ 140 posts ]