Amethyst  14%  [ 20 ]
And Pearl  7%  [ 10 ]
AND STEVEN!!  33%  [ 46 ]
Total votes : 141
 Post subject: Re: Steven Universe
Posted: Jul 18th, '15, 17:19    

Pwale

Hugs: 16501
Hamda wrote:yes the same channel that released bee and puppycat! the character for the Steveb Uni shows up often on their vid's thumbnail... those are the vids I avoid. I mean the art is really.... errrrr I can't think of a nice way to say this...

well lets just say I wasn't impressed so I'm kindda wondering if we're talking about the same show

Yes, we are. (shrug) I mean, if it's not your thing it's not your thing.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Faeries: 5

Posted: Jul 20th, '15, 07:30    

Khalessii

Hugs: 45471
I'd seen some episodes of it on Cartoon Network. its really entertaining but I haven't seen much of it, just few episodes

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 20th, '15, 18:29    

ArmyAunt

Hugs: 53462
Mood: Too young to be this old.
Website: https://kingdomofknuffel.com//viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12512
I haven't seen it yet, but my daughter watches it. She even got her Gramma started on it, so I guess I'll look into it when I have time.

(0) (0)
Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message;
however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

I love the way the earth rotates. It really makes my day.
Questing for: Nothing at the moment.

^ Click my old knuffel above to go to my adoptables thread. ^
V Or click the bar below to go to my Knuffel Quick F/P page. V

First fairy found on 07/15/2012 -- Prize: Moth Fairy Top
Second fairy found on 10/03/2023 -- Prize: Midnight Fairy Top

Posted: Jul 21st, '15, 20:25    

Pwale

ArmyAunt wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but my daughter watches it. She even got her Gramma started on it, so I guess I'll look into it when I have time.

That's adorable!

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Aug 8th, '15, 05:20    

Pingbot

Hugs: 10132
Mood: SLEEPY
The first season popped up recently on Hulu (iirc, might have been Netflix) and I binge watched it. I love the relatively slow pace at which the background unfolds! I had to find a place to stream the rest because I got totally hooked. Garnet...! :mclove:

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 25th, '15, 16:27    

Bishojo Chibi

Hugs: 4225
Mood: Blue
I'm not sure I want to watch all of it, the sexual innuendo's in it are creepy (psychic lines for it make the eyes go to the character's crotches). I have seen more beautiful shows, and I don't think kids should be watching this, at least at k-10. :mcheh: :qsmr: But it is kitchy *cute-ish*. :qc:

(0) (0)

[/url]Image

Posted: Sep 18th, '15, 17:26    

Pwale

Bishojo Chibi wrote:I'm not sure I want to watch all of it, the sexual innuendo's in it are creepy (psychic lines for it make the eyes go to the character's crotches). I have seen more beautiful shows, and I don't think kids should be watching this, at least at k-10. :mcheh: :qsmr: But it is kitchy *cute-ish*. :qc:
I think a large part of the show's mission is to help kids learn how to build healthy relationships. The show has been called the most sex-positive show on television, but it goes so much further than that. The use of dance as a metaphor for physical intimacy means that regardless of age all viewers can understand the body-positive message. And it is important for children to have access to these kinds of role models.

In our modern world parents have to talk to their young kids about gender, sexuality, love, identity, and these are really hard subjects. This show frames all these issues in a context young children can understand. I don't think there's anything inappropriate about that.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Nov 4th, '15, 03:31    

KawaiiCyb0rG

Hugs: 7882
oooo dis show. I was making fun of my boyfriend for watching it because at the time I didn't like the art style and I just thought it looked silly. Also, I associated the show with the fanbase... which isn't the best thing ever. In fact it's really bad most of the time. But of course, he made me watch it and after a few episodes I was hooked D;. I came to love the art style and the animation and aaa the pretty colors. And I appreciate the morals the show teaches, it makes me feel a little bit better for today's youth lol. Oh right, my favorite character is Peridot. I love crazy aliens who don't understand humans and how humans work. She also reminds me of Invader Zim and I love that show. :qh: :qh: :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 6th, '15, 03:50    

light_sucks

Hugs: 157926
Mood: vaguely alive
I've only seen a couple of the episodes but it seems cute.
I might go and watch it again.

My husband adores it.

The thing about it that really bothers me though is
Spoiler
that Rose Quartz dies to have her kid. It would be one thing if she hadn't known she was going to die when her kid was born but she knew. Why in the world would you have a kid if you knew it was going to kill you? It's so stupid to me. She didn't get to watch him growing up, she had nothing to do with him being raised. She just gave birth and was gone. It irritates the hell out of me.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 7th, '15, 00:06    

Pwale

light_sucks wrote:I've only seen a couple of the episodes but it seems cute.
I might go and watch it again.

My husband adores it.

The thing about it that really bothers me though is
Spoiler
that Rose Quartz dies to have her kid. It would be one thing if she hadn't known she was going to die when her kid was born but she knew. Why in the world would you have a kid if you knew it was going to kill you? It's so stupid to me. She didn't get to watch him growing up, she had nothing to do with him being raised. She just gave birth and was gone. It irritates the hell out of me.
Well...
Spoiler
Rose Quartz decided to have Steven because she wanted him to be the link that would bridge the Human world and the Gem world. And she didn't exactly die, she gave up her physical form and became a part of him. The show has been very careful to make that distinction. She leaves him a video tape in which she tells him-

"Isn't it remarkable Steven? This world is full of so many possibilities. Each living thing has a completely unique experience, the sights they see, the sounds they hear. The lives they live are so complicated and so simple. I can't wait for you to join them.
Steven. We can't both exist. I'm going to become half of you. And I need you to know that every moment you love being yourself, that's me! Loving you and loving being you. Because you're going to be something extraordinary. You're going to be a human being."

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

[ 80 posts ]