Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 2078 posts ] 
❣COME JABBER WITH ME❣
Otherwise the Queen of Hearts will lop off your head  10%  [ 22 ]
And play croquet with it, so there!  6%  [ 13 ]
Image  84%  [ 185 ]
Total votes : 220
 Post subject: Re: Jคცც૯Րω૦८қע JυՈ८੮ɿ૦Ո (come on in!)
Posted: Jan 20th, '21, 09:17    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101788
Mood: spiritual
I hate when people say that you might change your mind. I'm like, "Well then, what's the point of thinking about whether I might change my mind unless I actually change my mind?" Make it make sense :mcargh:

I faced something similar when I decided not to do anything sciencey in college. My aunt was like "You might find that you like it in college even though you didn't like science in high school." Why would I take that gamble?! :mcsweat:

Oh I don't like when they're expensive. Like, make witchcraft accessible, why don't ya. The online store I mentioned is pricey too. So I'm finding other ways to source my materials.

That's a really useful skill to have, though. You save time and effort AND you can retain things without reading them over and over. I'm jealous :qwhee:

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Jan 20th, '21, 21:51    

Moi

Hugs: 325014
Mood: Know you're not alone.

At this point, I'm 32 and have never dated and never even had a first kiss. I'm pretty sure I won't change my mind >Bu

Right? Like I've not liked stuff and changed my mind later, but nothing ever drastic. Like maybe "Ew that movie sucks." then years later "Eh, it's okay."

I bought a book about merfolk from there and it was, I swear, almost $30.
For a thin little book >8u
That's ridiculous \u8</

Well, when I say retain it's only temporary xD
I have a horrible memory.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Jan 24th, '21, 14:46    

chuunibyou

For me it's like even if I get MARRIED I'm not going to have kids, so I'm going to want a partner who also doesn't want kids like me. I feel like dating or marriage shouldn't automatically come with an expectation of 'starting a family'. People want different things from their relationships and some people want to have kids with someone they love- I do not, I never will.

Yep. Drastic changes don't happen so easily. My tastes have changed in the kind of food I enjoy but that's the most that has happened lol.

Gosh, that's really pricey :qno: I swear I wish these things were more affordable. I did find this author I really like called Tylluan Penry, who has her books on witchcraft at really affordable prices on Amazon (the kindle versions). Like, under five dollars.

Sometimes the witchy books I want are only available in paperback for a high price, or their kindle versions are just as pricey :qsweat: and that's disappointing.

Temporary is good, or you'd have all sorts of stuff you have no use for cluttering your mind lol. Remember it for as long as you need to spew it in school and then purge the lot. :qwhee:

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Jan 24th, '21, 16:01    

WingsofLove

Hugs: 2381
Hey everyone

Am still pretty new to kokf and looking to make friends.

How are you all?

(0) (0)
My first knuffel

Posted: Jan 24th, '21, 19:53    

chuunibyou

Hello, WingsofLove! Welcome to KofK, I hope you love it here :qsml: I sent you some items, check your trades.

I'm okay, pushing through procrastination to write a college assignment (although I keep distracting myself by coming here instead). :qhehe:

How are you?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 24th, '21, 21:01    

WingsofLove

Hugs: 2381
Good.

I am a bit sad I accidentally cancelled your trade.

But looking forward to the horses this afternoon. Taking lessons with a new instructor

@Mynah

(0) (0)
My first knuffel

Posted: Jan 25th, '21, 02:44    

Moi

Mynah: I really like your avatar 8u
I rarely see anyone use that background.

I don't even want to get married....I identify as Asexual and would rather get a root canal than date and marry xD
But you know...people are SUPPOSED to fall in love and get married and make babies.
That's why humans exist.
-GAG- Bu
I feel just fine with not being with anyone and not wanting to have kids 8u
In all honesty, I can barely care for myself so how am I going to care for a child?

I'm glad you agree. I'm a cheapass and people often tell me I'm being ridiculous. But a thin, small book costing $30 is unreasonable >8u
Are they really informative 8u?
Some people don't charge enough for their work xD

I can't seem to remember stuff like MATH. I can do basic math, but anything with percents and fractions and algebra - can't do it.
I'll have someone teach it to me, will remember for a day or so, then it's just gone xD

WingsofLove: Hey yet again 8D
Just keep posting in Hangouts like you have been and you'll find some friends u8
I'm....hungry xD;
How are you?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jan 25th, '21, 07:39    

chuunibyou

Wings, it's so cool that you ride horses. I always wanted to try horseriding after reading about it a lot in british boarding school stories :qwhee: do you have a favourite horse?
And it's okay, I sent a trade again and this time I remembered to add some :food: too, so it's for the best :qsml: I'll send you some hairs in another trade after you accept this one.

Thank you, Moi! I love yours too- we're both mermaids :mclaugh:
I actually love this background, one of my favourite avis I ever made has this background in different colours:
That makes sense. And nah, I don't think that's the purpose of our existence. If Nature really wanted people to reproduce so bad, unrequited love wouldn't exist, for one thing.
I feel like the whole 'Nature wants humans to be a certain way' thing is oversimplified and doesn't make sense when you apply it to reality. It's very difficult to draw the boundaries at what's natural and what isn't- we think that whatever is not human made is natural, but if nature made humans then absolutely everything we do is indirectly natural. No two people can agree on the definition of 'natural' lol.

They're so helpful, I love them! She focuses on magical techniques and she's really bare-bones about it, which is perfect for someone like me who can't afford a lot of frills in their magic lol. I do think they could be worth a lot more, but she probably sells her paperbacks for more. She also has a YouTube channel which I love watching, her talks are so soothing and informative and her dogs are always snoring in the background :qlol:

Yeah anything math that needs me to remember formulas? I'm going to forget the moment I finish the exam, lol. I used to write the formulas and stick them on the cupboard to look at every day because my mom made me. Hated it lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 25th, '21, 22:13    

Moi

Thank you x3
Whoo mermaids unite \8u/
I'm actually going to draw mine...I think she'd make a cute chibi xD

Yeah, it's a nice background. I just haven't been able to use it much 8,u

I've been told that the purpose of certain insects and animals is to reproduce.
Like...that's their whole existence. Get born, find a mate, make babies, then die.
And it just goes on and on like that.
To me, that's a sucky existence ._.
Like that's not living at all.
What is the point to keeping your species alive when you're not LIVING?

I always wanted to have books. Probably manga, though....Not just words.
But I felt no one would buy them 8u;;

I think my brain is just built differently because numbers are too hard...

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jan 26th, '21, 06:22    

chuunibyou

She would make an adorable chibi :qsq:

At one point I used to daydream about opening a manga cafe in the future. Because they don't exist in my country but I always wanted to go chill in one. :qt:

Lots of people buy them, I think at this point manga is pretty mainstream. Even if they read specific genres, there's something for everyone.

It might seem like their whole existence until some of them deviate. Like those gay penguins that were all over the news. I don't think anyone tells animals that they're supposed to behave only a certain way sexually (the way humans tell each other) because my friends who keep dogs tell me how dogs often do the mating thing with each other even when they're the same sex. They don't KNOW that what they're doing is for the purpose of reproduction even when they do it with the opposite sex, so they're actually just following their instincts or desires or whatever.

If you're a male praying mantis though... finding a mate just to have your mate literally eat you so you die... now THAT'S sucky. :mcsweat:

I still count on my fingers :qlol: and I am proud of it.

(0) (0)

[ 2078 posts ]