Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 342 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: A New Kind of Death
Posted: Sep 10th, '18, 19:15    

XnovaX

Hugs: 19976
Yahoo Messenger: angel.hitake
Ruby smiled at the idea, and glanced at Kira curiously when she spoke. It sounded okay.. Soul Thread Sutures was only being used to hold his fragmented soul together, it shouldn't affect his physical body. "I'm not sure.. I think it should be okay- but I've never seen the soul thread being used as Stein is using it.." She answered, taking a small but if her breakfast.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER
Put this in your signature if you agree.

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Sep 15th, '18, 09:40    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 40472
Mood: I'm trying.
"Okay then!" Kira gave them a bright smile before taking a sip of her soup. "By the way, Kayo, you better not think about freeloading this time. You're going to pay exactly half of what the snacks cost, or you're going to watch us eat them. And that's that." She pointed her soup spoon at him as she threatened him, giving him a sour look as he tried not to laugh at her.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Sep 15th, '18, 17:23    

XnovaX

Ruby blinked at Kira's sudden change of character, and couldn't help her giggling. It was nice to see this side of her, and Kayo seemed like he was trying not to laugh at his sister.

Once everyone finished their breakfast, they got ready and headed out. Picking up some snacks before venturing to Stein's creepy house. At least they were going while it was light out, the woods weren't so bad in daytime. Ruby glanced at the twins. "What's the first thing you guys are gonna do when you see him?" She asked curiously.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Sep 21st, '18, 11:57    

CycloneKira

As soon as they'd finished breakfast, Kayo grabbed an empty duffel bag to throw the snacks into, and locked the house. The girls were a little ahead, and he sped up to catch up with them. As they ventured into the woods, Ruby asked a question that made Kayo's face crack into a grin.

"Nothing much, just a nice brotherly tackle and noogie," he said cheerfully, earning him a withering look from Kira.

"Chaos needs rest after all this, so I don't think a "nice brotherly tackle and noogie" would be good for him," Kira pointed out. She then turned to Ruby. "Do you think Chaos would want to go to the park, or would he want to go straight home?" If he was up to going out, Kira thought they could use the park for a good picnic spot. They didn't have a carpet with them, but the park had plenty of clean surfaces for people to sit.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Posted: Sep 21st, '18, 23:05    

XnovaX

((oohhh I've been waiting for this opportunity! xD prepare to meet Ruby's father~))

Ruby smiled when Kayo caught up to them and said what he did, then shook her head some. "I think it'd be fine, honestly it might cheer him up a bit if we don't act different around him." She said, only voicing what she felt was the truth. "As far as going to the park, after being stuck inside Stein's place, I don't see why he wouldn't go for it." She said with a small smile. He always like going to the park when they had time.

When they actually arrived, Ruby started to get a really weird feeling. The air around the patched up house was thick and just felt more eerie than usual. She paused for a moment to try and figure out why this place felt so..off.. Her mind soon thought about her partner who was inside, and she hurried inside. A man dressed in a dark cloak was standing in the middle of the "living room" and she stopped dead as if she had seen a ghost.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Sep 27th, '18, 13:23    

CycloneKira

Kira was starting to get the feeling that she was being a little too protective of Chaos. Being so insistent upon him being treated with care, making sure he didn't overexert himself and got the rest he needed... nah. She was just worried about him. She would've done the exact same thing for anyone else.... right? She smiled happily when Ruby okayed the idea of going to the park.

Kayo was also in a chipper mood, giving Kira a smug look when his idea was okayed as well. He waked along with them till Stein's building, where Ruby had suddenly stopped for a moment. He was about to ask her what was wrong, but she bolted before he could get it out. Taking one look at Kira, he dashed after Ruby, knowing that Kira was close behind. When Ruby stopped running, Kayo ran up to her and stood by her side. Her face was pale, her eyes wide as though she couldn't believe what she was seeing. He followed her gaze and saw a man in a dark cloak, which reminded him of Shinigami-sama, although it was not him.

Protectively, he inched closer to Ruby, and out of the corner of his eye, saw Kira hold Ruby's hand on the other side. He knew that Kira could sense that something was off, and that having her there would help Ruby relax a little. Who was this man?

((Your avi reminds me of Daenerys for some reason XD Is that what you were going for?))

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

Posted: Sep 27th, '18, 19:14    

XnovaX

((I don't know who that is ^^' ))

Ruby found herself staring at the male figure before her. It couldn't be.. Could it? She blinked when she noticed Kayo standing close to her, and Kira had taken a hold of her hand. The man slowly turned to face the children, his long grey hair tucked inside his cloak. Ruby instinctively tightened her own hand around Kira's, being mindful not to hurt her. Her crimson eyes met his piercing golden ones, and her breath caught. It was him. Aril, her father. "You broke the one rule I gave you, child.. Never tamper with a living soul. Yet, you created an artificial one from another." He spoke strongly.

Ruby swallowed hard. "I didn't know what else to do.." She murmured softly. Aril turned his attention to Stein and Chaos when they came out, and narrowed his eyes. "I share no sympathy with an abomination. I should put you out of your misery." He voiced. Chaos got a good look at the guy, and noticed how his meister was acting. She only ever acted like that around one man, and he was immediately felt his blood boil. "So you're him, huh?" Ruby pulled away from her friends and went to stand in front of her weapon.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Sep 28th, '18, 10:40    

CycloneKira

((Daenerys Targaryen (I think that's how it's spelled :mcheh: ) from Game of Thrones. Here's a pic))

Kira knew who this man was. Ruby had spoken to her about him, in Ruby's room right before... Chaos got hurt. But why was he here? It was seriously disconcerting, seeing her usually-headstrong best friend speak to someone with such fear in her voice. But what scared her more was the look she saw on Kayo's face. The look of him having perceived a threat.

Kayo had no idea who this man was. And he didn't care. He was not lagging behind when Ruby hurried over to stand in front of Chaos, with Kira following close behind. The stranger had no right to speak of Chaos the way he had, and that made Kayo's blood boil.

"The only abomination in this room is you, if you think it's cool to talk about Chaos that way," he said through clenched teeth, making no effort to hide his temper. "I don't know who you are, but if you're thinking of doing anything to Chaos right now, know that you'll have three people to go through."

Kira was terrified. This was typical of Kayo. After all, he'd gone and punched Stein in the face for failing Ruby on her tests. This little exchange would've been nothing for him. But she knew that Ruby's father was a Death God like Shinigami-sama, and she had no idea what he'd do when angered. But she didn't have it in her to tell Kayo to stay quiet either, because in spite of her own fear, she agreed with him. No matter who it was, Chaos didn't deserve to be spoken to like that. So she stayed quiet, avoiding the man's eyes and keeping her own trained on the floor, while at the same time trying to provide some comfort to Ruby.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

Posted: Sep 28th, '18, 22:41    

XnovaX

((Oh hey, you're right ^^' I think I recognize her, but I never really got into game of thrones))

The man before them was both intruiged, and slightly annoyed by the children standing up to him. "Foolish children.. If you think you even stand a chance against me, you're sadly mistaken. I am Aril, and I easily match your Lord Shinigami." Ruby shook her head and stepped forward some, her chains beginning to withdraw and float around her. "I created Chaos, he's my partner and our friend. We've all taken responsibility for making him whole. You can't just show up and threaten to take that away!" She said wearily, staring up at the man.

He smirked and relaxed some. "You certainly are my child, there is no doubt. However, are you willing to sacrifice yourself and your friends even if it means he loses his memories? It might even destroy his very being." Aril spoke a bit calmer, looking the children. Ruby's crimson eyes widen, and her chains retracted back inside herself. Now that, she wasn't aware of. Chaos wouldn't remember them? Chaos lightly placed a hand on his meisters shoulder. This guy was worse than Stein at pushing buttons! Even if the children before him thought differently, in the past, he had seen it happen all too often. "I'll be around as a favor for your Lord Shinigami." He spoke, then turned to leave.

Ruby slowly sank to her knees and stared at the floor.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Oct 2nd, '18, 08:48    

CycloneKira

((I don't watch GoT either tbh (too much of trippy stuff in the plotlines to be interested) but some of my friends just won't stop going on about it ^^'))

Kayo watched the rest of the exchange between the stranger and Ruby with gritted teeth. And then felt his throat go dry. This man was... Ruby's father? And what did he mean by "if he loses his memories"? What the hell was going on?

He stole a glance at his sister. She looked scared out of her mind. But he didn't see any trace of surprise on her face. Did she know it was Ruby's dad all along? How did she know? He filed the questions away for the moment, and just decided to ask her later.

"I'll be around as a favor for your Lord Shinigami."

As soon as those words were spoken and the man had left, Kira knelt down beside Ruby, who'd collapsed, whether from exhaustion or severe anxiety, she did not know. She put a comforting arm around her friend, not knowing what else to do. She looked at Kayo, sending him a silent signal to go take care of Chaos and see how he was doing.

He got the signal too, loud and clear. He turned towards Stein and Chaos, giving the former a nod in greeting before turning his attention to the latter. "You good, man?"

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

[ 342 posts ]