Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 342 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: A New Kind of Death
Posted: Mar 30th, '21, 12:07    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 40271
Mood: I'm trying.
Kira took Ruby's hand with a desperation that she felt far more than she showed. She thought of sending an obligatory apologetic glance Butch's way and immediately decided against it. If she did that, he was going to think she wanted to dance with him and couldn't only because her best friend had taken her away. Regardless, she knew this wasn't the last she'd hear from Butch tonight. But for now, she turned to Ruby.

"Rube, have I ever told you how much I love you?" she grinned at her best friend and hugged her hand affectionately.

Seeing that the girls had the situation under control, Kayo calmed down, still making a mental note to rearrange Butch's face if he tried anything stupid with his sister. Kira thought he didn't know about Butch, but she'd underestimated how protective he was. He leaned in towards Chaos and said in a low voice, "Let's keep an eye on that dude, yeah?"

He walked over to the food tables and picked up two plates, loading one them with all the snacks he knew the girls liked, and the other with his personal favorites. He then looked around to find the girls and on catching Kira's eye, waved at her to tell her to join them at a table that was empty a few feet away.

"Last one to the table dances with Kira after eating," he said to Chaos, without warning, and purposefully bolted before Chaos could beat him to the table, deftly making sure none of the snacks fell and then setting the plates down.

Kira poked at Ruby to show her that Kayo had brought the snacks. "Food time!" she said happily.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Mar 31st, '21, 00:04    

XnovaX

Hugs: 19842
Yahoo Messenger: angel.hitake
Ruby quietly exhaled a slow breath once they were away from Butch, and smiled when Kira hugged her hand. "Enough to get a kiss?" She teased harmlessly, grinning innocently and giving Kira a sisterly kiss on the cheek. "I'd do anything for you, I hope you know that." She murmured softly.

Chaos smirked some at Kayo's words and gave him a light nod. Oh yea, he'd be keeping on their senior. He might not be as protective as his best friend, but he didn't like when people messed with his friends, and the twins were like the only family he really had. They didn't care that was a clone or that his meister was secretly a sadistic nut, and their friendship could possibly withstand anything. He followed Kayo to the table and picked up a plate to load with snacks.

To say he was caught off guard with Kayo blurting a bargain about whoever made it to the table first. "Wha- dude!" He called to Kayo, spinning on his heels and bolted after him all while being careful not to drop his own plate of snacks. He made it to the table about the same time as Kayo and set down his plate, being sure to give him a light nudge. "What the hell was that about?" He half teased.

Ruby blinked when she felt a poke and turned to the boys as she chirped, a wide smile coming to her lips. "C'mon then!" She chirped, taking her hand once again and leading her over to the boys for a treat.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER
Put this in your signature if you agree.

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Apr 4th, '21, 13:41    

CycloneKira

Kayo sat down smugly, waiting for the girls to come over. "Oh, nothing, nothing at all." He snickered. "Just remember, you lost."

Kira grinned at her friend happily. She sighed and walked over to the table with Ruby. The boys had loaded the plates with literally everything they could find, as expected.

"Ooh, pigs in blankets!"

She picked one up and munched, sitting down next to Chaos.

Kayo smiled seeing his sister so happy. he turned to Ruby. "We got you your favorites too."

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Posted: Apr 4th, '21, 14:44    

XnovaX

Chaos playfully rolled his eyes at the response he was given and gave Kayo's shoulder a bump as the girls came over. He glanced over the girls for a moment, noticing Ruby's brief attempt to avert her eyes from the them after seeing all the snacks they had brought over.

Ruby got a good look at the platefuls of snacks and tried to decide what she wanted. Hearing Kayo made her grin, for the second time that night. "You guys are amazing." She said as she picked up a cracker with ham and cheese on it, and popped it into her mouth. Despite not being all that hungry, she figured she'd amuse them by at least munching on a few things.

Chaos noticed how she avoided some of the bigger snacks, though they were some of her favorites, and nudged her lightly. "You holding up okay?" He asked quietly. Ruby glanced at him and feigned a small smile. "I'm fine, really."

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Apr 4th, '21, 15:05    

CycloneKira

Watching the quiet exchange between Chaos and Ruby, Kira started wondering what was going on. Ruby seemed uncomfortable somehow. Was it the unease from being in the party or was it something else?

She reached over and held her friend's hand comfortingly, trying to let her know she was there for her.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

Posted: Apr 5th, '21, 14:05    

XnovaX

Ruby blinked when she felt Kira's hand around hers and offered her a small smile, giving her hand a light squeeze. She'd be alright, right? Maybe the party was just getting to her.. Ruby used her free hand to pick up a deviled egg and took a bite of it.

Chaos was only half buying it, but he'd been with Ruby a long time and knew the signs of her being at her limit. He swiped a pretzel bite lathered with a sweet glaze and popped it into his mouth, before walking over to his partner and offering her his hand, only to pause in his tracks at the sight of the all too familiar dark cloaked male.

Aril approached the children, his eyes settling on his daughter. Stein had told Shinigami about his visit to the professor's house and caused quite a 'fuss'. "I apologize for my behavior when we met, I understand now how close the ties of your bond lie." He spoke lowly. Ruby turned to look at him as if not even notice him come up to them, and then watched as the man walked away to watch over the rest of the party.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Apr 6th, '21, 16:40    

CycloneKira

Both twins immediately turned cautious on seeing Ruby's father show up in front of them, ready to jump to her aid if she needed it. But apparently, it hadn't been necessary; Aril had simply apologized and left, rejoining the party.

Kayo narrowed his eyes at the retreating form. What the hell was that? The dude just walked up, spoke two cryptic sentences and walked off? Guy must be high. And Kayo didn't believe any of it for a second.

He looked over at Ruby. "You okay, Ruby?" he asked, remembering their previous interaction with the man, and how it had affected her.

Kira kept squeezing her friend's hand silently, not knowing what else to do. She waited for her friend to answer Kayo's question.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

Posted: Apr 6th, '21, 18:11    

XnovaX

Ruby was at a loss. He was apologizing, without waiting for them to respond? Or acknowledging the apology? Did he even care if they accepted it? He had always been a distant man but.. She shook her head when Kayo spoke and slowly allowed her hand to slip out of Kira's hold. "Give me a minute." She murmured to the twins, glancing at Chaos briefly before wandering after the man.

Chaos stifled a frown and ran a hand over his face. Damn it all, why'd he have to go and complicate shit? "Anyone else feel like keeping close?" He asked, glancing at his friends.

--

Ruby easily caught up the male and lightly reached to touch his hand, just to get his attention. "Wait a sec, aren't even a little curious as to how we feel?" She asked quietly. Aril paused and glanced down at her, sighing some. "Very well, shall we step outside?" He asked. Ruby nodded lightly and followed the cloaked male as he began to lead her to the patio outside.

Once outside, he watched her take a couple of steps away from him. She seemed nervous by how her eyes were downcast. "Be more specific." Ruby said quietly. "I know it's been a long time, and I know I broke the one rule you gave me, but you weren't there." She spoke quietly. "I understand, which is why I apologized. However, the fact remains that you tinkered with a living soul, Ruby. I know all too well what happens at the end of the day when playing god, he isn't even whole." He said calmly, walking closer to her.

"This isn't the time or the place to be discussing this." He spoke quietly. Ruby shook her head and looked up at him. "I'll take what I can get, you might be gone again by tomorrow." She retorted. Aril sighed some. "I won't be going anywhere for the time being, you have my word."

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Apr 8th, '21, 20:38    

CycloneKira

The twins could only watch as Ruby seemed to lose her temper and ran after her father, likely to have it out with him. They couldn't blame her. Kayo dearly wanted to punch the man in the face, at least once in his lifetime. Kira just wanted to keep Ruby safe from him and make her forget he even existed. But both knew their respective ideas were a little far-fetched. Well, at least Kira thought so. Kayo still held some hope.

On Chaos' question, both wordlessly stood up, waiting for Chaos to lead the way.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

Posted: Apr 9th, '21, 01:39    

XnovaX

Chaos smirked as he watched his friends stand, and silently followed after Ruby and her father. They ended up outside on the balcony, so Chaos led them over to a table that was closer, taking with him a plate of snacks.

--

"I wanna know why you're so against helping us." Ruby spoke quietly, determined to get answers from him. Tonight. Aril stared at her for a long moment before slowly lowering down so he was eye-level with her. "Listen to me very carefully, Ruby.." He said so softly even she barely heard him. "Even if you find a soul compatible with his own, melding the two could very well destroy him. I've lived through it once, and I don't have the mind to see it happen again. Even if you go to the ends of the earth to make him whole, he could still shatter. Do you understand? I fear what would happen to you if you see that happen." He spoke quietly.

Ruby stood still for a moment, her crimson eyes locked on the floor under her feet as the gears in her mind turned. "I know the pain he's in, and I'm the reason he's hurting so much.. I have to try to make things right." She whispered. "Even if in the end it fails and he shatters, or at the very least he loses his memories.. I have to try.. Do you understand? This isn't about proving myself, it's about doing whatever it takes to make things right. I know he'll never say it.. but it's my fault he ended up in stein care.." She murmured softly.

"I don't know what happened.. I was meditating and in the next instant, I lost control of myself and my chains and he tried resonating with me.. My wavelength rejected him. It could have killed him." She murmured, attempting to keep her voice even. Aril lightly placed a hand on her shoulder and lightly pulled her into him, his arms gently wrapping around her. "I'm sorry you inherited my madness, your partner is very lucky he lived through it." He spoke calmly.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

[ 342 posts ]