Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 342 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: A New Kind of Death
Posted: Apr 10th, '21, 15:25    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 40298
Mood: I'm trying.
The twins too picked up a plate each, determined to keep watch on what was going on between Ruby and her dad.

Kayo watched intently, ready to pounce if something seemed amiss, or if anything unsavory seemed to be happening. He wasn't against causing a scene at the party if he had to; all that mattered was Ruby.

Kira was a little worried about her brother. She was worried about Ruby too, and she wanted to make sure nothing bad happened to her, but she was afraid that if something did happen, Kayo would be the first one to run and turn things into a mess. And she knew he would do so with the best intentions.

Luckily, things seemed to be rather peaceful. Kira smiled a little, seeing father wrap daughter in a hug, as though comforting her.

"Maybe she'll be okay," she said out loud, without realizing.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Apr 10th, '21, 16:31    

XnovaX

Hugs: 19862
Yahoo Messenger: angel.hitake
Chaos was tense as he watched his meister and her father. He'd noticed Kayo's readiness to jump in if things took a turn, but he wasn't worried. If Ruby needed them to crash the party, they'd do it without asking questions.

Sure everything looked peaceful on the surface, but Chaos could feel her wavelength shifting and his free hand curled into a fist. "Kayo, you ready?" He asked quietly, glancing at Kayo with a known smirk. They had to get her away from him.

---

Ruby was feeling so many things she wasn't sure what to do with herself. She felt lost, confused, angry, stumped, and a little spiteful. He was apologizing, for her inheriting his madness.. Why did that feel like it was touching a nerve? Now that it had been mentioned, her thoughts shifted to what could have been different if he hadn't left. He could've taught her how to better deal with it! Losing grip on her sanity, and her chains. Maybe Chaos wouldn't have been hurt..

Slowly, she stepped away from him and out of his hold and glanced at him with a known gleam in her eyes that told Chaos all he needed to know, when he glanced back in the direction of Ruby and her father.

Chaos set down his plate and began to approach the two. "Yo! You're missing the party, what was the point in coming if you're gonna stand outside the whole time?" He called, a smirk tugging at his lips.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER
Put this in your signature if you agree.

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Apr 12th, '21, 18:03    

CycloneKira

If Chaos said they needed to step in, Kayo was ready to do so, no matter how normal the little scene between Ruby and her father looked. He stood up and walked next to Chaos, his sister not far behind. There was anger in his eyes, clear as day, but he kept himself in control. If things got worse, he'd act on it, but not now.

Chaos' comment about her missing the party gave him an idea. He walked up to Ruby, pointedly ignoring her dad, and held his arm out to her.

"This is one of your favorite songs, isn't it?" he asked, jerking his head towards the party. "Dance with me?"

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Posted: Apr 13th, '21, 03:47    

XnovaX

Aril glanced at the boys when they made themselves known and simply watched them. He could easily notice the anger in Kayo's eyes, but remained quiet. He wasn't angry. Those eyes meant he was ready to do anything for his friends. This was also the first kid to call him an abomination.

Ruby glanced at the boys when she heard them, her eyes focusing more on Kayo as he extended hus arm and mentioned the music. He wanted to dance, with her? Her cheeks heated and her current thoughts came to a halt. Even if it was just a spur of the moment, yeah she knew what they were doing, but listening to the song in the background.. He wasn't wrong. A shy smile came to her rosy face and she hesitantly wrapped and arm around his arm. How could she say no?

Chaos smirked some at Kayo's quick thinking and glanced at Aril. He was almost waiting for the man to stay something, but he didn't. He was quiet.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Apr 13th, '21, 15:31    

CycloneKira

Giving her a dashing smile, Kayo walked off to the dance floor with her on his arm, and took her waist. As they danced, his smile turned into one of concern.

"You okay, Ruby?"

Kira watched happily as her brother and Ruby went off to dance, and then she realized Chaos wasn't behind them. Looking back, she saw him just standing there, as though waiting for something. Not wanting to leave him alone with Aril, she too stayed. She was afraid of the man, and wanted to be away from him if she could, but she'd heard the way he'd spoken about Chaos, and the idea of leaving the two alone didn't sit right with her.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

Posted: Apr 14th, '21, 04:26    

XnovaX

Dancing with Kayo, Ruby felt herself slowly calming down and leaned into him a little as he held her waist. She rested her head against his shoulder when she saw hus smile turn into one of concern. "Probably not.." She murmured quietly. "But I will be.." She murmured.

"I have you, Kira, and Chaos after all."

--

It almost felt like Aril was having a silent conversation with Chaos with his eyes and after a moment, Chaos turned to Kira, who was still behind him, and offered his arm to her like Kayo had done with Ruby moments earlier. "Dance with me?" He asked curiously, a small smirk across his lips.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Apr 14th, '21, 15:20    

CycloneKira

She rested her head on his shoulder, and he held her close, their dancing starting to resemble a slow swaying rather actual dancing. Kayo often showed his protectiveness in the form of rash, angry actions, but they hid his actual motivations: that he would go to any lengths to protect the people he loved and cared for.

"Yeah, you have us," he said softly, his anger from the previous situation completely melting away. "You have me." This was said in a whisper, almost inaudible over the music and noise of the party.

The inaction was slowly killing Kira. The two simply stared at each other for what seemed like ages, and then Chaos turned away from him, making her let out a breath she hadn't known she'd been holding.

He then came up to her, holding his arm out for a dance. She smiled and nodded, color creeping up to her cheeks without her realizing. She took his arm and let him lead her towards the dance floor, away from Ruby's father.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

Posted: Apr 15th, '21, 00:57    

XnovaX

Ruby closed her eyes and slowly moved with his rhythm, momentarily allowing herself to focus on the music, and everything about the boy she waa dancing with. She never noticed how warm he was, or how relaxing his scent was. Aa strange as it sounded, she was taking in the little things she hadn't had the chance to notice and enjoying them. She'd never been close like with anyone, before meeting the twins, she wasn't even this close with her weapon. Not like this anyway. This was different.

"I'm sorry.." She murmured softly. "All I ever seem to do is worry you and Kira.. I just thought maybe if I cornered him, I could get some answers." She spoke quietly. She hadn't heard what all he said, but this was a side of Kayo she rarely got to see.

Chaos gently pulled Kira closer to him once they were on the dance floor, and lightly wrapped and arm around her waist.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

Posted: Apr 16th, '21, 10:47    

CycloneKira

Kayo sighed against Ruby's hair, hearing her speak.

"Oh come on Ruby," he chided her, but his voice still gentle. "We worry about you because we want to, because we care about you." He then pulled away a little so he could look her in the eye.

"Besides, if it was answers you wanted, why would we blame you? We're here for you, Ruby. If you want to run in and get answers, we will be behind you to pull you out if need be."

Kira's heart was exploding out of her chest, and there was a funny feeling at the base of her throat that she couldn't quite explain. Chaos was holding her close to him as they danced slowly to the music.

"Will Ruby be okay?" she asked, trying to make some conversation, but also curious about her best friend.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Butch leering at her, an unpleasant smile on his face. She moved closer to Chaos, as though hoping the proximity would keep her safe.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
Keep going.

Posted: Apr 19th, '21, 12:47    

XnovaX

Ruby bit the inside of her cheek as if pouting when he chided her, but she noticed the look in his eyes and her pout softened into a shy smile. "I know." She said quietly. "And I couldn't ask for anything better." She added softly, definitely blushing even if it was just enough to dust her cheeks.

Chaos noticed Butch giving Kira a look, and he brought his arm around her securely as if daring him to try something. He glanced down at Kora when she spoke and couldn't help the small smirk that came to his lips. "Of course she will, she's got us." He mused teasingly, although he was serious.

(0) (0)
♂ + ♂ = ♥ GENDER
♀ + ♀ = ♥ DOESN'T
♀ + ♂ = ♥ MATTER

Image Image Image Image

[ 342 posts ]