Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 61 posts ] 
Did you know Galavant before opening this thread?
Yes, I love it!  25%  [ 27 ]
Yes, but I do not like it.  2%  [ 2 ]
No, but I am interested.  20%  [ 21 ]
No, and I am not interested and/or came for food.  53%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 107
 Post subject: Re: Galavant
Posted: Apr 21st, '16, 21:30    

Mirika

Hugs: 664
Mood: Overall alright
I think it's those not-so-subtle small jokes and references that make the show funny; one who wouldn't get the references I can imagine may not like the show all that much (for example my friend didn't notice the huge Grease reference, and I was amused because I did).

I'm not all that familiar with Alan Menken if I have to be honest. I suppose there's a huge downside to him then. I'm sure I have advantage to the fact I do not know any negative association with anything in the show.

But yeah, when I first saw trailers for the show I assumed it a one-season-wonder as well, until they ended with a cliffhanger. Maybe that's what got them their renewal. Now that they don't have a cliffhanger (not one that affects the plot as badly), I do believe chances at cancellation may be higher. I do wonder what they would have in stock with Madalena, but I wouldn't mind if they stopped there (other than just losing a favourite show of mine). I understand this show isn't for everyone.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Robin Hood as a series, if you meant that.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 22nd, '16, 01:28    

-Leo-

Hugs: 47008
Mood: Ta-ta!
That's true. There are still some jokes I don't get, because I'm not familiar with them.

Alan Menken is a music composer. I don't know all of his work, and they're mostly from disney (in my opinion some of the better disney movies) which I know. It's why especially Galavant S1 has so much disney music vibe in the songs.

I saw the trailer and thought it looked like it could be kind of fun. And it was. Much better than anything new I've seen in years really...
While S2 also ended kind of on a cliffhanger, I don't mind if it ends that way. We can imagine the next adventure ourselves (or read and write fanfiction. Lol. I know I will at some point). Will they save her from herself or not?

Not a series, but the Mel Brooks movie. There's a trailer (sorry for the bad quality). I think it's much better than the trailer, but that's often the case with these older movies...:

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Posted: Apr 22nd, '16, 04:53    

Prince Jalarian

Hugs: 6442
This is one of my sister's favorite tv shoes. I enjoyed it too.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 29th, '16, 06:27    

mdom

Hugs: 424
I love Galavant so much!! One of my favorite series xD I agree, we need some fun series on TV, and especially a musical, hahaha. I love Richard and Isabela and Galavant is so fine, damn! I read he's dating Kylie Minogue now.
I sure hope there's a third season. Now there's a dragon!

(0) (0)

Posted: May 26th, '16, 06:46    

Mirika

@ -leo-
Oh I didn't even get the Disney vibe all that much, just a generic musical vibe. :qt: But I can see where it comes from yeah.

Yeah, the season 2 "cliffhanger" has probably been lightened up quite a lot because of the risk of cancellation, and as you say, they ended in a way that leaves a lot for our own imagination rather than a frustrated feeling. I do am sad we won't see Tad Cooper in full glory now that it is indeed cancelled though.

Looks like I have to see that movie!

@ mdom
I've heard that's how Kylie got a place in season 2 at least. :qt:

But sadly Galavant has been cancelled by now, but I also heard rumours they planned on something else (not a show nor movie, I just forgot what it was).

(0) (0)

Posted: May 30th, '16, 19:17    

-Leo-

Haha. I think it's like disney for adults, Galavant is. The adults who grew up watching those disney movies. I'd say if you knew enough of those disney songs and also at least some of those older musicals, it's pretty easy to recognize where many of those Galavant songs come from. :) For me there were maybe few I still don't know, but I'm almost embarrassed just how many I did recognize... XD

Oh yes, if you liked Galavant, you're pretty sure to enjoy that one... That too doesn't take itself too seriously and is good fun. Oh... If you do get a chance to watch it, keep your eyes on the prince's mole while watching the movie... It keeps changing places... XD There used to be a video on youtube with some of the best parts from the movie, but I can't find it anymore... :/ (actually, even the movie used to be up there)

I'm pretty sure they were either planning or it was already coming, an actual stage musical of Galavant or something. :)

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 1st, '16, 09:05    

Mirika

I fear that my memory of all those Disney songs from my childhood is blank. I should re-watch them and see if I have the same experience.

Eh I'd rather watch the movie without having seen the best bits anyway. :qt: And I'll make sure to keep an eye on that mole.

Yeah it was gonna be something like that. So long I can watch it in any way also, I'm excited. :qt:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 1st, '16, 17:47    

-Leo-

My memory isn't that good either, in general, but more often than not even if I don't remember the name, I'll know the melody...

That's true... The best bits are usually more fun once you've actually seen the whole thing first...

Who knows... Sometimes some of those things do end up on youtube or something... If it does, hopefully the quality is good enough...

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 13th, '16, 09:39    

Mirika

I'm sorry I never got back to you, KofK is less and less a thing for me.

I haven't heard any news of Galavant's "thing" that they were planning to do. What I did find was this fun little video of the cast dancing.
*this is the url to it*

I thought that was worth sharing. Does contain few spoilers for season 2 for people who are just entering the thread, but I don't remember anything major... you do see actual clips from season 2.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 16th, '16, 10:36    

Hamda

Hugs: 37319
Mood: dreaming
omg there's a season 2 of this?!

I need to stream it! it was silly but fun :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
I'm Hamda on Subeta and FR so drop me a hello there!!
ImageImage Image Image

[ 61 posts ]