Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 61 posts ] 
Did you know Galavant before opening this thread?
Yes, I love it!  25%  [ 27 ]
Yes, but I do not like it.  2%  [ 2 ]
No, but I am interested.  20%  [ 21 ]
No, and I am not interested and/or came for food.  53%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 107
 Post subject: Re: Galavant
Posted: Jun 2nd, '17, 08:08    

Mirika

Hugs: 662
Mood: Overall alright
When I typed that we have a different opinion sometimes I even still had 'Off With His Shirt' in there (but narrowing down removed it), but due to the location I would've liked it a lot more with a male singer because it makes more sense.

When I listen to the music of Galavant I always let my entire playlist run, but yeah, those 'least favourites' I sometimes skip. Only when I go to YouTube I sometimes just pick my favourites, I seem to be especially fond of "I Don't Like You" and awkwardly sing along with both voices (but I do that with "Let's Agree to Disagree" as well).

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 3rd, '17, 13:40    

-Leo-

Hugs: 47007
Mood: Ta-ta!
I hate the song, but I'm also really not a fan of the singer in general, so there was two things against me ever liking it. Not to mention a whole bunch of overdone awkwardness overall in the whole scene (although Richard's wish to be picked up was cute enough I suppose, but that was about it for me). Just one of those personal instant dislikes.

The "I don't like you", I'm not sure what I feel about it. At first I just hated it. Now, I don't know. It might be one of those that gets better with some time. Maybe. Maybe it's because it gives me so many flashbacks from the past I don't care about, lol. I don't know. I did like Jester's cute little "shake" though, lolll. I even mentioned that bit on my twitter, which one of the (Isabella? Can't remember the names of all the characters, much less the actors...) actresses liked, which was bit awkward for me, since in that same tweet I did mention or hint not maybe exactly liking the song itself... Oops?

...In general I don't much care for the famous people noticing me (or my tweets in this case), because at times I can be brutally too honest for my own good, or sarcastic or just plain "bitey" with my words. So yeah. Whenever some random tweet does get noticed, I usually just want to bury myself and then pretend it never happened. I don't go to twitter that often. Much less use the social media anyway.

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Posted: Jun 10th, '17, 17:34    

Mirika

Jester is just great. Excellent voice, and yeah I like the shake (which I refer to as the jingle) as well.

I often avoid mentioning names whenever I have something negative to say about a show or character, or only mention a first name or something, just so that actors don't notice. If it was Isabella, it was Karen David, I started to learn her name when she was also picked up in Once Upon A Time (and sadly did not get featured in their musical episode). I think that if she liked it she didn't mind anything negative on the song, haha.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 12th, '17, 00:10    

-Leo-

To be fair, all the mains had amazing voices (minus the friend of the king. See? I'm really bad with names... The bald one. Lol, it was cute enough, but nothing great as a singer, but for that part it was fine enough I guess. Unless, I don't know, he actually can sing and sang less than great to fit the part or something, lol. Since some actors do that sometimes), all in their own ways. But Jester just has that extra something... Kind of like a storyteller in music form or something? Really golden and I'm not lying, I could listen to him all day, singing me about fairytales or something, lol.

Well, I don't much do that whole social media thing and for me even twitter is still pretty new and I barely go there anyway. Too easy to forget how small the world is sometimes... Even smaller now with the internet, more or less. And yes, Isabella (sadly I stopped watching OUAT for good after the whole Frozen arc was done with, so I never saw her in it, although I was aware she was there). But lol, yeah. Maybe she just agreed that the little "shake/jingle" was awesome. *snort* Which it was.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 16th, '17, 10:52    

Mirika

It does fit in the picture if you ask me though, and his name is Gareth, haha. As for Jester, well, I guess that's why he kinda is the storyteller I guess since he's being used for previously on and such. Heck, if the entire Galavant cast were here to just narrate my life in vocals I'd be fine with that, haha.

I find Twitter really nice on a mobile phone, so I check on there fairly often (but I never really tweet). I'm sure she entirely agreed.
As for Once, that season was the worst of all 6 so I am not surprised you stopped there. Karen was a treat in it though, despite her smaller role. :qsml:

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 30th, '17, 05:06    

-Leo-

I was a little upset that Jester wasn't the one basically closing the show and instead it was that monk dude singing his song/the theme. :P It would've worked better with Jester, not just because he sounds amazing, but because he pretty much opened the show and is kind of like the one telling the story to whoever is listening. So, yeah. Didn't care for the way that went in the end.

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 9th, '17, 09:05    

twilightmist

Hugs: 9000
I had fun watching it, not much else to,say really.

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 12th, '17, 18:20    

Mirika

@ -Leo-
I guess that's all got to do with Weird Al Yankovic's popularity, but I do agree with you on that one. The Jester would've made much more sense indeed, as show-opener and narrator.

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 23:15    

-Leo-

Lol, I'm probably one of the few who's not a fan of him anyway *shot* not that I hated the first song he sang with the other "monks". Lately I've come to realize that I don't actually mind at all that Galavant ended when it did. Way too many shows in these days, even if they are good in the beginning, turn into some out of control mess, on a good day... So better to have things the way they are, in my opinion.

...I've been reading way too much fanfiction again, lately, and being reminded just how many of those shows were good/interesting and just how badly they ended or have become...

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 15th, '17, 11:36    

Mirika

I can't consider myself a fan as I only know few works of him that I never listen to, but that doesn't take away the dude's a popular one, haha.

I would have been quite alright with a single more season though - the thing with Galavant is that it is not one of those shows with 45 minute episodes nor 22 episodes a season, which allows for its bursts. Then again, I consider Galavant to be my favourite show, so I would've loved to see more (especially because they did give us a sneak peak into Madalena's path and of course Tad Cooper). Ah well. It is true that many shows start well and turn into a mess indeed.

That's what fanfiction is for, right? To continue the good bits from what I hear from other fanfic readers. I don't really read them.

(0) (0)

[ 61 posts ]