Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 61 posts ] 
Did you know Galavant before opening this thread?
Yes, I love it!  25%  [ 27 ]
Yes, but I do not like it.  2%  [ 2 ]
No, but I am interested.  20%  [ 21 ]
No, and I am not interested and/or came for food.  53%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 107
 Post subject: Re: Galavant
Posted: Aug 8th, '15, 10:58    

Mirika

Hugs: 719
Mood: Overall alright
I've only seen Game of Thrones of those named things, but the only way I could see that involved, is the medieval theme. :qt:

Since you've actually watched it, do you have a favourite character? Mine's the chef probably, I actually forgot if he had a name, but imdb names him Chef.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 1st, '15, 18:20    

Tocxica

Hugs: 2573
I love it. But then again, I am a fan of all things camp and musicals are my life's blood. My partner has watched it with me and is a bit on the fence. I think most people are hesitant about watching it unless they are part of something of a niche crowd, musicals just aren't all that popular with the vast amount of viewers anymore.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 1st, '15, 18:33    

EmeraldsLyn

Hugs: 6072
Mood: Calm
I would have liked to see this

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 14th, '16, 15:56    

-Leo-

Hugs: 47031
Mood: Ta-ta!
I loved this, even if second season wasn't as good as the first one (didn't care about the zombies, that bar scene/song, the not interesting different princess song etc...). And I'm not much of a shipper, but I ended up doing so much of it with this show I can't even... It was fun and wild ride overall. Here's hoping for a (good?) season 3 to finish up with those loose ends...

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Posted: Apr 14th, '16, 22:41    

Mirika

I'm not sure what season I prefer, but season 2 did seal the deal on considering it my second favourite show. And yeah, zombies aren't my thing either (nor am I much of a shipper, and unlike you Galavant still didn't change my mind).

What I consider a big miss in the Enchanted Forest bar is that they could've made it perfect by allowing the queen to be a drag queen. The song is catchy though and I quite like it, I'm just not a fan of Kylie's voice. I guess the scene appealed more to me because my favourite show is also in an "Enchanted Forest" with an "evil queen." :qt:

I reaally hope they get a season 3. I want to see Tad Cooper!

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 17th, '16, 09:58    

-Leo-

I prefer S1 simply because of how good and well made it was overall. There was I think only one part/song I didn't care about in that one. S2, while still very good and knowingly over the top, still was slightly overdone at certain points, even for a comedy like that.

I found the entire EF scene overrated (and might be at least part of the reason why I can't stand it). Plus, I've never been a fan of Kylie nor her voice either (not that it's bad, but it's not that good either...)... But there was so many awesome bits even in S2, that I can't even begin making my top fav list for it...

Ahh... Tad Cooper... I could almost swear it started a new thing with the whole "I believe in Tad Cooper" and "I have a dragon" to name a few.

Season 3, there better be one. But at least it's not one huge cliffhanger like last season... And I'm totally not thinking about the second last S2 episode and how they ended it... Lol.

...But I must say I'm glad they brought the theme song back that one last time, because freaking seriously "that boy sure can sing"... It's pure gold, his voice and singing... He needs his own adventure miniseries or something. Then again, most of them do.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 17th, '16, 19:16    

brighnasa

Hugs: 5432
I really liked season 1, but didn't care for season 2. It felt like it lost its way there.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Apr 17th, '16, 22:43    

-Leo-

It usually tends to happen when there's only one season planned and then for some reason those plans change, often not for the better... But it's still far better show than most of these ridiculously popular TV series out there nowadays... Aka I don't watch much TV in these days... Or really, basically not at all...

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 21st, '16, 06:12    

Mirika

Though with how they ended the first season in Galavant's case they did have plans for a second season, they just didn't expect a renewal after the cancellation bear kept saying "probably gonna get cancelled."

But yes there are a lot of shows that are a one season blast and then suddenly get renewed into a mess.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 21st, '16, 11:15    

-Leo-

The way I understood it though, that wasn't the original plan. And partly why I was so happy to start watching it that first time. Short and no cliffhangers as often case with the TV series... Man! I was counting on it! Haha. Which was why it was more than bit of a shock when it ended in such cliffie. Lol. It was awful... But anyway... Alan Menken. I couldn't not watch it for that reason alone. And btw, it was funny little throw in in S2 about Alan Menken. Haha. Small jokes like that are the best...

...And now I'm in the mood to watch Robin Hood: men in tights again. And as good as Galavant is, it's still not better than that.

(0) (0)

[ 61 posts ]