Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 24 posts ] 
They were so good.
And artists I like now think they're not good, but they're great to me.  31%  [ 31 ]
I think my art sucks, but my dad said that's all artists.  18%  [ 18 ]
I'm VERY picky when it comes to art.  51%  [ 50 ]
Total votes : 99
 Post subject: Quitting
Posted: Oct 11th, '15, 01:13    

Moi

Hugs: 325337
Mood: Know you're not alone.

When I was little, my dad and my two cousins were great artists.
My cousin won first place in a drawing contest and showed us his drawing.
But, my dad and one cousin quit drawing all together. My other cousin MAY still draw.
I asked my dad if he will ever draw again and he said no.
I was surprised the people who motivated me growing up, quit doing art completely.
I bitch and whine about my art, but I will never quit.
I try hard to be a good artist.

What do you think of quitting art?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: Quitting
Posted: Oct 20th, '15, 04:05    

Amakai

Hugs: 12877
Mood: FFXV Fangirl <3
I dont think I could ever quit...because it's an outlet for me and my emotions when I can't put my feelings into words

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 22nd, '15, 05:19    

VioletSparkle

Hugs: 16492
I don't want to quit, but I do sometimes get frustrated with it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 25th, '15, 06:36    

light_sucks

Hugs: 157729
Mood: vaguely alive
I don't think that people should ever quit making art. It's a way of giving up. It's sad.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: Oct 26th, '15, 03:39    

Star_Dust

Hugs: 47526
Mood: Lurking
I often want to quit because I get so frustrated but I eventually find my way back to drawing somehow

(0) (0)
Hopes and Dreams
Dream Avi.... That will never happen...

Feed My Knuffels!

Posted: Oct 31st, '15, 16:18    

Ignea

Hugs: 8358
Sometimes I want to quite, but art is all I've been doing since I could hold a pencil C: It's a very, very big part of me. I can't quit it and still be myself.

Maybe your dad and cousins decided that it's not enjoyable for them anymore? Or they found something they like much better, and wanted to put their time in this new hobby?

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 18th, '16, 01:15    

Telstel

Hugs: 22691
Mood: Demonic
I'm with you and a few others, i can't quit, it's what makes me...me!

But things happen and i get overwhelmed so quickly that i stop for a time (just look at my shop, i just stop because shit hit the fan amongst other things) but i won't quit, i have the urge to go back to do some pixel dolls but not commissions as of yet.

I think i know what to make for the next event, just need to find the time and sit down to do it.

Sorry for the language, but it's the only to explain what happened to me why i stopped. :mcheh:

(0) (0)
Please feel free to click on the links to chat to me, i'll be sure to get around to them when i can.
My Knuffel! Art Shop! Quest! Material Quest!
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: Oct 5th, '16, 20:52    

Pernelle

Hugs: 55973
When I was younger I couldn't understand at all how people could stop doing art. But now that I go to Uni, I just don't have time like I used to, and it's definitely not going to get better once I start working ... so I've been drawing a lot less recently :mcheh: I just don't always have the energy, because despite being a hobby, art does take a lot of work and concentration. I'd rather sit in front of my computer and browse facebook and tumblr some days.

I also get frustrated with art (everybody does I guess) but somehow that never makes me want to quit drawing alltogether? Like, I get the intense urge to stop posting and sharing art because I feel like I'm horrible, but I never want to quit doing art. I just want to keep it to myself until i'm confident again.

(0) (0)
Please visit my Trading thread
:qstar:

I'm offering these current/recent TT items:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Oct 16th, '16, 11:56    

TSheena

Hugs: 19046
I thought I replied to this topic before but oh man I'm great at rage quitting, but that's just because I hate failure and have a perfectionist problem... I used to stream my art with friends so we could talk, they would say 'oh that looks great' and I'd look at it and think 'but this horrible and uneven ' etc. Or I just couldn't get things right and just got frustrated and rage quitted on the spot. It sucks because it takes the fun out of art..

I kinda tell myself to limit the time I draw just to make sure I balance things out between fun and frustration.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 23rd, '16, 05:57    

Live_Evil

Hugs: 11518
Mood: tired =_=
I think if you quit art you must think of it as more of a hobby than a profession. I know how you feel about family and art. I started drawing because of my grandmother she was an artist and had potential but she never went farther than kitchen art because as she said she wasn't able to go to art school so decided not to take it further. My older sister also drew and she almost got a degree in art but after her first year of college she switched to a business degree. Then my little sister started to draw after seeing the three of us drawing but a few years ago she quit drawing and only does it as a hobby. She has now moved on to theater arts back stage crew.

So here I am getting a degree in animation and it looks like I'll be the first one in my family to get a art degree. It feels tough sometimes and I sometimes think that maybe I should have gotten a degree in something else like psychology but I continue on my path that I have chosen. I hope I'll feel better about it in the future.

(0) (0)

[ 24 posts ]