Jump to:

[ 50 posts ] 
What would your power class be?
Acca (Offensive)  19%  [ 12 ]
Iuu (Defensive)  20%  [ 13 ]
Laicu (Trickery)  38%  [ 24 ]
Paoluc (Misc)  23%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 64
 Post subject: Hothomia - Open and Accepting (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/SuperNatural)
Posted: May 12th, '16, 00:09    

Ririenne

Hugs: 22833
Mood: Wind Fairy Top! <3
Hello, I'm Ririenne! I've had a base of a story line in my head for quite a long time now and would love to try it out. I'm completely new to RP, in fact this will be my first one. I'm hoping to develop my skills as a writer so please bare with me if I have a few grammar mistakes etc.

Below will be the story line, character list etc. Anyone is free to join and have a bit of fun. Just remember to stick to both Knuffel and the RP guidelines. Thank you!

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Hothomia - No posting please! (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/SuperNatur
Posted: May 12th, '16, 01:00    

Ririenne

Rules -

Please follow Kofk rules
Keep to the RP guidelines
Be as imaginative as you want
Hyther's daughter is no longer needed other than starting off the colonization, she is not an available character to RP
No killing other characters unless discussed with them!

There is no RP currency, everything in Hothomia is earned by working or traded for equal value.

ONLY POWER RULE:
Powers that can cause instant death are not allowed. You are allowed poison, burns etc but the victim must be allowed time to try and recover (once again, only kill them if discussed).

(0) (0)

Posted: May 12th, '16, 01:27    

Ririenne

Storyline -

In the beginning of time, two specks of dust transformed into the silhouettes of two almighty Gods; A towering dark male, Hyther, and an elegant beauty, Lisyn. They took it in their power to create the universe; Agreven. The universe rapidly grew with galaxies, suns and planets, until it expanded so far that the two Gods were no longer anything but mere ants. Time passed at a slow rate, as if there was no time at all. And so they decided to increase the population, coming together to have a beautiful daughter in which they loved with all their heart. As a present of their daughters first birthday, they gave her the gift of company, creating eight other new beings.

As the new Gods grew in age they also grew in strength, making it their ultimate goal to start civilization much to the demise of the originals, knowing that it would only cause war. Each of these new Gods wished for power, for greed and for control, for a planet they could harbor for themselves and create the ultimate kingdom, yet they lacked the wisdom to know how to do such a task.

The eight Gods came together, and as much as they resented each other they believed that the originals had too much control. They predicted that if one God were to kill another, they would be able to take their power, and that the victor would be able to create their Kingdom.

The battle was one-sided and the outcome was bloody and relentless, Hyther acted as a shield as Lisyn and their daughter could conceal their selves. The Gods managed to quickly disfigure Hyther back into dust, leaving the two in complete danger. The Gods immediately moved onto Lisyn, who managed to transport her daughter to the outermost planet in the galaxy, eventually being left for dead.

The daughter opened her eyes to a jet-black sky, struggling to adjust her breathing as it was completely different to what she was used to. Her hands glowed, she looked towards the ground to find a grey surface everywhere other than where she stood. Every pace she took the ground flourished with life... She had the power of the Original God.

The sky turned from orange to pink to black. This was a cycle that she noticed each day. The days turned into months and the months turned into years, in which was noted as 'time'. The first few years was spent trekking over the planets surface spreading life across the land, using the power of her father she created a mass of people, which grew day by day, eventually leading to the beginning of a war-free civilization; Hothomia.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Life grew as it is known this day, constructions were built, farms were set and families were growing, but the people she created were not immortal. People were dying from natural causes which caused her panic, yet everyone else seemed to remain as if it was normal, until one day a new being was born with a power. One person turned into two and two turned into three. They were immortal, and there was nothing else that she could do.

Life on Hothomia is happy, however there has been a strange pressure on the atmosphere. There have been sightings of strange creatures on plains and fields, which was reported hostile against man. The people of Hothomia concluded that they needed to fight against them for their safety, in which the immortals proved useful...

(0) (0)

Posted: May 12th, '16, 01:35    

Ririenne

Classes - Background

General Helpers-

These are the characters that would work in shops, such as a blacksmith, a nurse or even a baker. They can interact with the characters in any way but are not allowed to participate in battle. If Immortals are in battle they are can choose to send supply packages to base camp. They can die from natural causes.

Mortals -

Those who are mortal can assign for jobs similar to general helpers, however they are allowed to associate with the background of battle, whether it's assigning a quest to a certain person or group, or send emergency supplies. They can die from any cause.

Immortals -

Immortals are the outcome of a mortal's death, in which they are reincarnated with no memory of previous life, the chance of this happening is 0.7% however this percentage is increased if it runs in genetics. Each immortal is born with a new power. This power can range from anything from sneezing fire to teleportation, however each power is unique (but can have variations, for example; One person may be able to heal physical wounds, but another could heal burns/poisons, another person may be able to heal all types of injury). Immortals mainly volunteer to work in battle, however they can do all of the above, they can die via decapitation or internal illness (such as poison, or vital organ failure).

Powers and jobs are put into clans-

Acca - Offensive (Used in/for battle, examples: Super Strength, Blacksmithing, Element Bending)
Iuu - Defensive (Used in supportive roles, examples: Healing, Steel skin, Nursing)
Laicu - Trickery (Illusion, IQ boost, Trapper)
Paoluc - Miscellaneous (Used anywhere, such as performance or daily life, examples; Invention, X-Ray vision, Bard)

Race Background

The race of Hothomia (Welops) look like humans in physique however they all have wings. Their wing colour changes according to their behaviour. The more wrongs they commit the darker the wings are, however over time they will return to their natural colour. Their wings are made out of dust and can form and dissipate from the atmosphere. Their average height is at 6'2 with the tallest record height being 9'4 and the smallest at 3'5.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 12th, '16, 01:59    

Ririenne

Character Profiles -

Please check that a power hasn't been taken below before choosing!
Name -
Age -
Birthday -
Class -
Clan -
Power (If Immortal) -
Job -
Appearance -
Personality -
General Workers -

Mortals -
Spoiler: Ririenne
Name - Jess
Age - 20
Birthday - 24th April
Class - Mortal
Clan - N/A
Power (If Immortal) - N/A
Job - Barmaid/Waitress
Appearance - Casual. Short brown hair, blue eyes and thin eyebrows. She wears clothes that mainly show off her curves, including fishnets and corsets. Her wings are transparent in all areas but one, her wings are a dusty yellow. Rumours spread that her wings are not fully white as people believed she committed many acts of adultery.
Personality - Independant, sarcastic, upfront, confident and rowdy. She likes to get into the middle of fights, particularly when the drunks start causing disruption at the bar. Many people find her manipulative and seductive to get her own way, she doesn't have many friends but it doesn't bother her.

Immortals -
Spoiler: Ririenne
Name - Aivio
Age - 22
Birthday - 8th April
Class - Immortal
Clan - Iuu
Power - Steel Skin
Job - Monster Mercenary/Quest Giver
Appearance - Public | Armour White hair to the bottom of her spine with curtained bangs, purple eyes and small pouty lips. Casual dress code is Lolita and doll-like (often brown, black or white). Heavily armoured and serves as a tank in battle. Her wings are white that flow outwards towards the bottom.
Personality - Stubborn, intelligent and talkative. Good leader and strategist. Straight to the point. Lacks common sense and sense of direction. Talks to self a lot.
Anything else? - Wishes to become a combat captain.

Spoiler: Chrizine
Name - Melyna
Age - 113
Birthday - 7th September
Class - Immortal
Clan - Laicu
Power (If Immortal) - Change of Appearance (almost everything apart from her eyecolour, especially of note is the possibility to hide her true wing colour. Good friends that know her well can always recognize her, but not everyone.)
Job - Dressmaker and part-time detective
Appearance - Her eyes are a dark green. Her wings always seem to be a bit in motion on the surface, the dust they are made of swirling in intricate circular patterns. Apart from these things she can change. She has three main appearances she uses mostly, so I'll describe those (I also tried to recreate them on a dressup site, so I'll link the pictures as well):
"Evil" - Large black or dark grey wings, straight black hair to midthigh. Tall and slender. With this she wears mostly black with a little white and red, close-fitting clothes, nothing flowy or particularly decorated.
"General public" - The appearance she uses in public and most people know her as. Cream-white wings and curly dark brown hair to her hips, often worn in a braid. Tall and slender. Mostly wears flowy dresses and skirts, colours between green and red mixed with beiges and browns.
"Private" - The appearance that feels the most true to herself. Fairly small light orange wings, similar to the colour of the morning sky. Light brown hair in classical length, wavy. Small and delicate frame, almost childlike. Clothing like in general public. Only good friends know it, generally those are also the only ones who know the full extent of her power.
Personality - She is generally a friendly person, but she takes time to warm up to someone until she trusts them as a true friend. Once she counts someone a friend, she is very loyal and expects honesty in return. She can get furious when she is truly angry about something, but it takes a good reason to get her there. Good actress, when she assumes a different appearance she also behaves quite differently sometimes.

Spoiler: Reht
Name - Cass

Age - 40 (appearance: 22)

Birthday - 27th October

Class - Immortal

Clan - Laicu (not really sure on this??)

Power - Tracking Eye
(Once he has spotted some-one/ something he is able to track it no matter where it goes, unless it manages to get more than 1.5 miles away from where he last had direct eye contact with it, then he loses the trail. This ability to track things with his eyes/ feel their location also makes him a crack shot with a bow and arrow or, his preferred weapon, throwing knives.)

Job - Entertainer/ hunter

Appearance -
(He's the one with the pink/ blue outfit - the only doll maker I could find that I liked was this couple maker one, so I decided to just make up a version of his dead brother next to him xP )
Cass is quite flamboyant, he likes to wear bright outfits with lots of embellishments. He has a special fondness for his pink long-coat, a well-worn and clearly loved garment with multiple patches and carefully made repairs holding it together.
He spends much of his time travelling, never settling in one place for too long and as such the sun has dyed his skin a healthy dark tan, making his other lighter features - pale blond hair and bright blue eyes - stand out to an almost dazzling extent.
His wings are a dusty cream, constantly a little dimmed from their full brightness due to his penchant for pulling pranks and causing mischief.
(Also, note his wings are more fairy like than in the linked picture, that particular doll-maker only has angelic wings P: )

Personality -
Cass is a man of contradictions. He is charming and makes friends easily, but travels alone and can leave said friends without even saying goodbye. He's a ladies man who finds fun in teasing and flirting with attractive women, but has never been in love and never lets anyone get too close. He's a prankster, mischievous to the core, and his joyous nature is infectious, but when his mood changes he becomes withdrawn and seeks solitude.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 12th, '16, 02:01    

Ririenne

Powers Taken -

Steel Skin (Aivio) - Ability to turn skin into a impenetrable force. Good for taking aggro off enemies and block attacks from others.
Change of Appearance (Melyna) - Changes appearance of everything apart from eye colour. Can be used to trick enemies. Good friends will be able to recognize her.
Tracking Eye (Cass) Once he has spotted some-one/ something he is able to track it no matter where it goes, unless it manages to get more than 1.5 miles away from where he last had direct eye contact with it, then he loses the trail.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 12th, '16, 02:02    

Ririenne

Questions

:dfly: Everyone's wing colour is any shade of white/cream, it counts as a ying/yang type of symbolization (bad with good). However, with your power the wings can change into any colour.
:dfly: Huge wars among people is unknown as of the moment but problems between people have come up, however their nature is to settle with words more than violence so it has never scaled high enough for anything drastic to happen. Heated arguments between people are common, however there has been the rare fight which is quickly calmed.
:dfly: All sins are accounted for, the darker the wings, the longer it takes for them to go back to their original colour. This also depends on the crime, for example; a murder will make the wings darken almost immediately, but a crime on the level of stealing will take much longer to darken, as well as the overall shade being much lighter. This way a person can work out another's crime, as their wings may be pure as white on one day and jet black the next (guessing that this must be a murder). The creatures that are being fought by the immortals do not count as murder, meaning that if a person was seen with black wings, it is only for a bad reason. Depending on the circumstance they may be punished by prison, exile or execution.
:dfly: Immortals stop aging the moment they realise they are immortal. They may find this out by finding their power, or being in a circumstance of which would of caused their death. If a child of 3 burped fire, they would stay immortal in the physique of a 3 year old however their mind would grow as normal. There may be a power unknown of yet that can remove an immortals power (which used in a wrong way can be classed as a sin)
:dfly: Immortals can be reborn with a complete new appearance and personality (this can be from a DNA mutation), or in a few cases the same as they were mortal. In this case old friends would recognize them, however the immortal would have no recognition of who they were.
:dfly: There are no rulers or government, instead there are a handful of people who are trusted by the remainder of the nation (Mainly immortals that have lived for many years). These people gather opinions to decide decisions such as changes in trade. They are also in charge of keeping the world safe.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 12th, '16, 02:04    

Ririenne

Open!

(0) (0)

Posted: May 19th, '16, 17:52    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110403
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Hello there! I like the setup of your world and would like to join you in this RP. It is my first time RPing, so please excuse if I don't know the ropes yet. I read the guidelines thread though ;) And I do have some experience in writing collaboratively, just more in an "offline, passing a sheet of paper between friends and discussing the general storyline and the characters in between, everyone writing every character" way.

I have a few questions about your world, just so that I don't misunderstand it. If you don't have answers for all of them, that's fine, I just don't want to make wrong assumptions about it.
  • Wing colour - you wrote that wings have a natural colour they return to if the person doesn't do bad. Is that the same for everyone (in that case I would assume white, like in the description of your character) or are there many different colourful wings?
  • Society - the world sounds kind of utopic, free of war and everything, but I assume it is not free of problems? I mean, there are rules about battle and it seems to be an important occupation for immortals, or is that all just for once these new threats are being fought? I imagine it like there are small-scale problems and some immortals dedicated to dealing with those, but no big wars. Does that make sense?
  • Related to the previous question - how are persons with darker wings seen by the others? Are some middle shades the norm or are those with darker wings shunned completely? Is there some kind of subculture of darker winged people staying among themselves?
  • Age - I assume Immortals just stay in their prime physically and not grow older at some point? Or are they just aging very slowly, but transitioning into old looking people at some point? If that is the case, after what time roughly?
  • Rebirth - Once a mortal is reborn as an immortal, he has no memories. But how do the people around him deal with it? Do they still recognize the person and tell them about who they were before?
  • Is there some kind of ruler or government?

I made a draft of a character, but depending on your answers to the previous questions, I will change it up, I just wanted to note everything down here that I thought of so far.

Name - Melyna
Age - 113
Birthday - 7th September
Class - Immortal
Clan - Laicu
Power (If Immortal) - Change of Appearance (almost everything apart from her eyecolour, especially of note is the possibility to hide her true wing colour. Good friends that know her well can always recognize her, but not everyone.)
Job - Dressmaker and part-time detective
Appearance - Her eyes are a dark green. Her wings always seem to be a bit in motion on the surface, the dust they are made of swirling in intricate circular patterns. Apart from these things she can change. She has three main appearances she uses mostly, so I'll describe those (I also tried to recreate them on a dressup site, so I'll link the pictures as well):
"Evil" - Large black or dark grey wings, straight black hair to midthigh. Tall and slender. With this she wears mostly black with a little white and red, close-fitting clothes, nothing flowy or particularly decorated.
"General public" - The appearance she uses in public and most people know her as. Cream-white wings and curly dark brown hair to her hips, often worn in a braid. Tall and slender. Mostly wears flowy dresses and skirts, colours between green and red mixed with beiges and browns.
"Private" - The appearance that feels the most true to herself. Fairly small light orange wings, similar to the colour of the morning sky. Light brown hair in classical length, wavy. Small and delicate frame, almost childlike. Clothing like in general public. Only good friends know it, generally those are also the only ones who know the full extent of her power.
Personality - She is generally a friendly person, but she takes time to warm up to someone until she trusts them as a true friend. Once she counts someone a friend, she is very loyal and expects honesty in return. She can get furious when she is truly angry about something, but it takes a good reason to get her there. Good actress, when she assumes a different appearance she also behaves quite differently sometimes.

Spoiler: first draft
Name - I'll figure that out very soon, it's always the hardest part for me ;)
Age - 113
Birthday - 7th September
Class - Immortal
Clan - Laicu
Job - Not sure yet, will fill in after I understand the society better. Maybe a dressmaker?
Appearance - Her eyes are a dark green and she is slender and tall. Her wings always seem to be a bit in motion on the surface, the dust they are made of swirling in intricate circular patterns. Apart from these things she can change. She has three main appearances she uses mostly, so I'll describe those:
"Evil" - Large black or dark red wings, slightly wavy black hair to midthigh. With this she wears mostly black with a little white and red, close-fitting clothes, nothing flowy or particularly decorated.
"General public" - The appearance she uses in public and most people know her as. Pale green wings and curly dark brown hair to her hips, often worn in a braid. Mostly wears flowy dresses and skirts, colours between green and red mixed with beiges and browns.
"Private" - The appearance that feels the most true to herself. Fairly small light orange wings, similar to the colour of the morning sky. Light brown hair in classical length, wavy. Clothing like in general public. Only good friends know it, generally those are also the only ones who know the full extent of her power.

Any comments on the planning of the character are appreciated, especially about her power. Did I choose the right clan for it? Does it seem to powerful? I could restrict it to something like wing- and haircolour or something like that.

Edit: I put the updated character sheet in here.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Post subject: Re: Hothomia - Open and Accepting (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/SuperNatur
Posted: May 20th, '16, 15:15    

Ririenne

[[Hello, I've took a look at other threads and I've saw many people write in these brackets for when their out of character so I'll do the same :mccute:

:dfly: Everyone's wing colour is any shade of white/cream, it counts as a ying/yang type of symbolization (bad with good). However, with your power the wings can change into any colour.
:dfly: Huge wars among people is unknown as of the moment but problems between people have come up, however their nature is to settle with words more than violence so it has never scaled high enough for anything drastic to happen. Heated arguments between people are common, however there has been the rare fight which is quickly calmed.
:dfly: All sins are accounted for, the darker the wings, the longer it takes for them to go back to their original colour. This also depends on the crime, for example; a murder will make the wings darken almost immediately, but a crime on the level of stealing will take much longer to darken, as well as the overall shade being much lighter. This way a person can work out another's crime, as their wings may be pure as white on one day and jet black the next (guessing that this must be a murder). The creatures that are being fought by the immortals do not count as murder, meaning that if a person was seen with black wings, it is only for a bad reason. Depending on the circumstance they may be punished by prison, exile or execution.
:dfly: Immortals stop aging the moment they realise they are immortal. They may find this out by finding their power, or being in a circumstance of which would of caused their death. If a child of 3 burped fire, they would stay immortal in the physique of a 3 year old however their mind would grow as normal. There may be a power unknown of yet that can remove an immortals power (which used in a wrong way can be classed as a sin)
:dfly: Immortals can be reborn with a complete new appearance and personality (this can be from a DNA mutation), or in a few cases the same as they were mortal. In this case old friends would recognize them, however the immortal would have no recognition of who they were.
:dfly: There are no rulers or government, instead there are a handful of people who are trusted by the remainder of the nation (Mainly immortals that have lived for many years). These people gather opinions to decide decisions such as changes in trade. They are also in charge of keeping the world safe.

Regarding your character; I'd say your power is a type of illusion that can be used to trick someone so it's in the right clan. Powers can be as over-powered or under-powered as you like, however people may frown upon using evil powers against other people (this doesn't mean you cannot). I've added a rule regarding powers with death.

Hopefully this answers most of your questions, I'll add this on the front page and add any more questions if needed. I'll add your character when you update it! ]]

(0) (0)

[ 50 posts ]