Yay!  46%  [ 103 ]
Nay.  8%  [ 18 ]
Indifferent~  46%  [ 104 ]
Total votes : 225
 Post subject: Re: Candy Caravan Chat
Posted: May 27th, '19, 00:58    

Kuuki

Hugs: 268653
I'm glad the caravan is back, didn't think we'd have it this month since it's already late.
But I'm happy. It's too hot to go outside so at least it gives me something to do ^^

Though I'm all caught up in everything so I don't have much motivation, the last event helped me get a good collection of donuts but without the pressure I don't feel motivated.

Let's say it's collecting for the sake of the next item. I wonder what it'll be. I want a background item again.

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: May 27th, '19, 01:00    

Akili Li

Hugs: 225044
Mood: contemplative
Yeah. When you lay it all out like that, it makes complete sense as a decision.

I'm not going to try and figure out where I'm at with Grog this time, just stockpile donuts for now. Got the wanted vests already, so I can afford to not worry about details and just do it this way, and I think it'll be easier for now. Have to figure it out eventually, of course, but I'm just not up to that at the moment.
>.<
Although I might just get a donut. Because it ALWAYS makes me crave donuts.

I really like the weather right now here, except that every time I try to go out and enjoy it, a sneezing fit makes it hard after the first few minutes, so it has to be done in small doses. Eh, well.

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: May 27th, '19, 01:18    

Kuuki

For me sneezing usually happens in March, after that it gets better.
Now you mention it, my dust allergy has been really nice to me this week. It feels good to enjoy a morning without needing tissues.

Aha, there's a donut shop that I've been curious about for ages. Their donuts are just so cute. But I've always been restraining myself because I weight too much and want to loose some so it doesn't make sense for me to male the 4km walk to the shop and back to take back the calories right after.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 27th, '19, 02:35    

Ms_Zuralli

Hugs: 24121
Mood: Done being an adult
Yahoo Messenger: halloween_azurill
Came back from Momocon just in time for the Caravan. Lovely.

Kuuki: I mean, is it 4km total or 4km there and 4km back? The second option would make it so worth going there. Or you can make it a one a month indulgence?

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: May 27th, '19, 03:33    

Kuuki

It's total. I'm not sure I'd walk a total of 8km under this heat just for donuts.
But you're right that it would make for a killer reward. And now I think about it the closest Krispy Kreme is more or less the same distance from my house but their current special is matcha and I don't like matcha so I can't find the motivation in me to go all the way there.
I'll remember it for next month ^^

(0) (0)

Posted: May 27th, '19, 03:42    

Akili Li

Is it just me, or does "Krispy Kreme" sound like the name the media would give a serial killer clown? I've heard it before, and someone told me it was a bakery place specializing in donuts, but I just can't....
the images that spring to mind are nothing so benign as sweets.

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: May 27th, '19, 03:48    

Kuuki

You're right, that could work.
That would be a very strange name though and I wonder what would that serial killer do to earn such a name. That wasn't something I wanted to think about.

And now I checked Mister Donuts and they're doing matcha specials too. Looks like a matcha conspiracy to me.
I don't like Mister Donuts all that much so I don't mind that much.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 27th, '19, 03:58    

Akili Li

How do the specials work? Are they daily or different every week, or does each shop have a special they're known for that doesn't change at all?

(Sorry, sometimes my brain is a weird place to live)

(0) (0)

Posted: May 27th, '19, 04:14    

Hikarisoul16

Hugs: 57102
Mood: (゚▽゚`*)?
Helloo~ It's been forever since I've been on KofK. Did Firn lower the prices in the Candy Caravan? Things seem way cheaper than they used to be... (Or at least how I FELT they were.)

---
I haven't had a matcha donut before, are they any good? I personally just prefer plain glazed or jelly filled glaze. :mchappy:

(0) (0)
You may call me Hikari, Hika, Soul, or anything else you come up with. (Cute art by Nankuii! <3)

Posted: May 27th, '19, 04:29    

Akili Li

Well, CC prices haven't CHANGED, but when old items are retired and new items come in, the new items' price setting might be different from what you remember? I think she's mentioned before that the ones she sets higher are the hairs, backgrounds, and wings, so.. there's not that many of those right now, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

also welcome back! :) Good timing.

I've never had a matcha donut before either. What *are* they like?

(0) (0)

[ 14193 posts ]