Indifferent~  46%  [ 104 ]
Total votes : 225
 Post subject: Re: Candy Caravan Chat
Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 07:02    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 5086
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Heh. The place only had skim on hand and the person was an idiot

I had a friend whose family had this rule of skim for drinking, whole for baking. She got to drink whole milk for the first time ever with us, and was shocked at how milk actually is. That rule eventually got phased out
This friend also had a "food must not touch" policy for herself. It wasn't a hard-and-fast rule, stuff like tacos could be mixed together, but mashed potatoes and corn wouldn't be allowed. Her mom told us that when she was young, she absolutely refused to eat anything that touched, even the non-touching bits. By the time we were introduced, she had upgraded to "scrape all food away from each other"
The look of terror on her face when I had a bowl of ground beef, corn, mashed potatoes, and gravy all mixed together was great. She eventually grew out of that policy too lol

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 10:24    

Amura

Hugs: 62035
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Rubie wrote: Jan 31st, '23, 01:22 I feel bad for people who have actual allergies because of diet fads.
Can you get actual allergies from that?
I thought you might get sensitive to foods if you removed them from your diet for long enough, but never had heard of allergies.

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 11:43    

Kitalpha Hart

Iirc someone's sensitivity can change to an allergen if exposed for long enough
And the fads that use popular ones...oof

I follow the seefood diet: I see food i eat it

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 14:21    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72595
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
Rubie wrote: Jan 31st, '23, 05:47 Sidenote: hit my goal and got the donuts I needed. Now to restart over! Woohoo!

I always have to make a conscious effort to remember I need milk if I'm making a recipe calling for milk. That and eggs rn. Price be ridic. Luckily in the spring/summer time I can get eggs for free from someone I work with. I used to eat egg sandwiches so often I'm kind of sick of eggs anyway that I can only have them so often.
Yeah I'm kind happy I decided to lay off the baking for a bit because these egg prices are ridiculous. During the last egg shortage I remember prices didn't really do up, but you can only buy 1 carton at a time. I was fine with that. I'm not a fan of how this time around they decided to almost quadruple prices overnight.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 15:54    

Hotarla

Hugs: 89872
I’m not sure if it was a reefer truck since i wasn’t the one who saw this. She just said she saw dairy just lying outside, noone bringing it in, when you really should be bringing dairy products in the moment you get them. 8u

My sister has a bad habit of making a drink…and then just leaving it after only drinking it halfway. 8u she does it a lot when she makes a teabag. She drinks half and then leaves the tea and teabag just lying out in the open…for DAYS. 8u she has a collection of mugs upstairs in that same fashion and i keep telling her to pick up her mugs and bring them downstairs to wash. But NOPE. So sometimes, i bring them down for her. Because the stuff inside just dries out. And goes BAD. 8u

Rubie: yay for reaching your goal!

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 17:09    

Rubie

Hugs: 136506
@Amura: I just meant people who actually have legit allergies, let's say milk because my nephew has a classmate that is severely allergic to milk in his class and then let's say there is a new diet fad out there for people to stop drinking milk. It gets so bad, that people don't start taking these people who say they can't have milk seriously.

@Hotarla: Disgusting. I sometimes am lazy at night and don't finish cleaning up whatever I am drinking/eating, but I at least put it in the sink for future me to clean. Speaking of messes, my nephew, I had to get after him because he had a thing of soda from a restaurant in his room. Still half full. and it spilled. It is not going to be fun when they finally move out cuz that room is probably going to be so nasty. He leaves wrappers just on the floor and gets angry when he gets told to clean it up. Who knows how many crumbs are caked in the carpet cuz my sister/nephew don't ever clean up after themselves.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 17:51    

Hotarla

Hugs: 89872
Rubie: very much so. 8u i think ive seen at most 3 cups/mugs just sitting on her bed’s headboard. 8u like if you’re finished drinking something, bring it downstairs. Don’t just leave it lying there and spreading out spores or germs or whathaveyou. Ughhh. And then she’ll also leave mugs and cups still with liquid lying around on the dinner table, the coffee table…8u like, your cups are frikkin taking up space.

There’s so many other things that i hate. Like i’m used to her clothes lying around all over the place. That’s nothing new, she’s got way too many clothes as it is and everything is scattered everywhere like a hurricane just passed through. But then she’ll leave dirty socks lying by the side of the stairs or in the kitchen or outside in the living room? Like wtfff, i take my dirty socks off and immediately throw them in the wash, i don’t leave them out like smelly air fresheners…8u

And we have an area where we leave our shoes, there’s like an entire rack plus a few small ones and she would STILL leave her shoes lying in the corner of the door, blocking it like some weird door stop, or she’d throw her shoes on top of OTHER shoes and crinkling them and getting them covered in dirty footprints. Like wtfff, we have a shoe rack, USE IT, don’t just throw your shoes around helterskelter. 8u aaaaaaah.

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 18:14    

Amura

Hugs: 62035
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Kitalpha Hart wrote: Jan 31st, '23, 11:43 I follow the seefood diet: I see food i eat it
So relatable :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 22:02    

Kitalpha Hart

Put all the mugs on her bed

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 31st, '23, 22:25    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72595
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I will admit that I leave mugs around the kitchen sink but I dump them out at least so they don't mold.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

[ 14121 posts ]