vanilla  55%  [ 39 ]
orange  13%  [ 9 ]
carrot  32%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 71
 Post subject: Kimi no na wa - your name
Posted: Nov 8th, '16, 13:59    

Khalessii

Hugs: 45361
I just graduated this summer. Got my first job so I've been really busy with work, trying to get a good impression from my superior and such. Been on hiatus from watching anime's ever since.

It's just this November that I got a lot of free time and decided to watch some animes. Parasite the maxim and Kimi no na wa was the latest on my watched list. Kimi no na wa really left an impression on me, I loved the story, the characters, and even the art(very detailed and dreamlike).

here are some details from Wiki, don't scroll too fast to the summary-spoiler section *just kiddin'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Name

Have you watched it?
What can you say about it?
Any similar anime (Ova's, anime series) you can recommend?

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Kimi no na wa - your name
Posted: Nov 8th, '16, 20:14    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 38481
Mood: Obsessed
This sounds really familiar but I can't say I've watched it - what's it about?

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Nov 13th, '16, 17:02    

Khalessii

It's a fantasy, slice of life, romance, gender bender film from the man behind 5 centimeters per second and garden of words. the art especially the scenery on the animes are commendable then the story well, I really like it. The positive reviews online also, proves it. as for the story, here's the summary or brief description online.
The story is set one month after a comet has fallen for the first time in a thousand years in Japan. Mitsuha, a high school girl living in the countryside, wants to live in the city because she is tired of life in the country. Then, there's Taki. He's a high school student living in Tokyo with his friends while working as a part-timer at an Italian restaurant. He also has a strong interest in fine arts involving architecture. One day, Mitsuha dreams of herself as a young man. On the other hand, Taki also has a dream where he is a female student attending high school in the countryside. What's the secret behind their dreams? *credits : MYANIMELIST

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 1st, '16, 00:10    

littleblack

Hugs: 2980
Watched in cinema last night! The art style and the whole thing was just so nicely put together! I can watch it again =w= It's now on my to buy list XD

Similar anime.... no idea....

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 01:22    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43571
Mood: Boondocks
SO GOOD. Reminded me of Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
I highly recommend that one if you haven't seen it. That's one of my all-time favorites. Supppppeeerrr good. SUPER
good.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 19:15    

Reht

Hugs: 11478
I agree with Asha on that one too c:

I managed to see Your Name at the cinema too - it's so lovely on the big screen c:

Definitely gonna get it on blu-ray when it becomes available in my country c:
Spoiler
I wish it just went on a little longer though - I wanted some sweet sweet mushy closure on them finding each other xO

I mean, the ending still works great, and as a storyteller/ artist I can see that that was the way it needed to end.
But as a viewer I want more dammit xD

I suppose there's always fanfiction P:

(0) (0)
▃▅▆ The Inbetween ▆▅▃
A walk-in role-play hangout - please come and join C:

Posted: May 25th, '17, 04:50    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43571
Mood: Boondocks
Yeah, same.
Spoiler
I wanted more e___e I was literally screaming at the tv when they nearly walked past each other.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 9th, '17, 02:36    

Agito

Hugs: 80719
Mood: MINHO LOVE . <3 .
Watched it in theaters when it came by. Unabashedly cried my eyes out.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 14th, '17, 19:41    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 40393
Mood: I'm trying.
Spoiler: DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU'VE WATCHED THE MOVIE!
I just loved the whole thing about how this guy saved her life and town and how they managed to find each other in the end, even though they didn't really know what or who they'd found. It was beautiful.

And I especially loved how it made me feel, the whole story. How this guy found out exactly who he was seeing in his "dreams" and how he found out what happened to her. I was getting mindf***ed along with him.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Jul 16th, '17, 04:00    

Khalessii

littleblack wrote:Watched in cinema last night! The art style and the whole thing was just so nicely put together! I can watch it again =w= It's now on my to buy list XD

Similar anime.... no idea....
Try Koe no katachi.. ranked #2 after Kimi no na wa on MAL. not as great as the first but the art is good, more characters, boy-girl protagonist like kimi no na wa. It's quite good actually. the story is not dull. A story of typical ups and downs of middle school-high school students, redemption, and re-establishing friendships.

Summary from MAL
As a wild youth, elementary school student Shouya Ishida sought to beat boredom in the cruelest ways. When the deaf Shouko Nishimiya transfers into his class, Shouya and the rest of his class thoughtlessly bully her for fun. However, when her mother notifies the school, he is singled out and blamed for everything done to her. With Shouko transferring out of the school, Shouya is left at the mercy of his classmates. He is heartlessly ostracized all throughout elementary and middle school, while teachers turn a blind eye.

Now in his third year of high school, Shouya is still plagued by his wrongdoings as a young boy. Sincerely regretting his past actions, he sets out on a journey of redemption: to meet Shouko once more and make amends.

Koe no Katachi tells the heartwarming tale of Shouya's reunion with Shouko and his honest attempts to redeem himself, all while being continually haunted by the shadows of his past.

(0) (0)

[ 16 posts ]