orange  13%  [ 9 ]
carrot  32%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 71
 Post subject: Re: Kimi no na wa - your name
Posted: Jul 16th, '17, 04:16    

Khalessii

Hugs: 45365
CycloneKira wrote:
Spoiler: DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU'VE WATCHED THE MOVIE!
I just loved the whole thing about how this guy saved her life and town and how they managed to find each other in the end, even though they didn't really know what or who they'd found. It was beautiful.

And I especially loved how it made me feel, the whole story. How this guy found out exactly who he was seeing in his "dreams" and how he found out what happened to her. I was getting mindf***ed along with him.
Spoiler: another spoiler
To be honest, I like it more than 5 centimeters per second and garden of words. I was a bit hesitant to watch kimi no na wa at first cause I hate bad endings or an ending where 2 protagonists didn't end up with each other even though they have D*** good chemistry. And it's often like that with Makoto Shinkai's creations.

I'm glad. it didn't end like some of his previous works. Cause I'm a sucker for closures esp. if it's romance anime. It'll take a while before I could totally find another gem like that.. even though Koe no Katachi's great it still is no match for Kimi no na wa--- well, for me..

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 11th, '17, 17:53    

Arachne

Hugs: 48520
I watched it last month with my friend.

I really liked it. The graphic was great and the whole movie was very balanced. There was a lot of plot in such a small amount of time, but they still managed it very well.
Spoiler
Oh, but I'd personally wouldn't like it if it went longer after their meeting in the end. I see no need for it, since we all know what's going to happen. And I'm not much of a romance fan :mcsmirk:
As for something similar, right now nothing comes to my mind. But my friend said it reminds him of some other movie, since they have a similar setup. But it wasn't an anime, and I haven't seen it and don't remember the title anymore.

(0) (0)
I want to practise my English. If you see any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Why do some people use such a small font size? It hurts my eyes... :mcdead:

Posted: Dec 13th, '17, 12:47    

Shy

Hugs: 3252
It's one of the best anime movies I've watched so far. I normally wouldn't go for these kinds of anime it took my friends almost two months of persuasion to get me to watch it xD

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '18, 20:03    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72740
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
ashabellanar wrote:SO GOOD. Reminded me of Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
I highly recommend that one if you haven't seen it. That's one of my all-time favorites. Supppppeeerrr good. SUPER
good.

I’m so glad i’m not the only one who had this movie remind them of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Both movies are fantastic.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Oct 27th, '18, 21:27    

TrickyLA

Hugs: 23287
Mood: Tired
This has been on my list to watch for awhile now, I just can never seem to find the time. :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 5th, '18, 16:03    

Shea Heart

Hugs: 4842

well I thought it wouldn't make me cry
but it did in the end
i also thought they wouldn't see each other like an open ending.
but they did find each other.
it still gives me goosebumps when i recall how Mitsuha went to look for Taki and goes to the scene where Taki doesn't know her. TnT

(0) (0)

[ 16 posts ]