Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 132 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Keeper (PastelWitch and Nihal)
Posted: Dec 20th, '16, 20:47    

Nihal

Hugs: 36680
Mood: Glad you came~ :)
Cole eyed Leanna a little warily as she ran a hand through his hair. It felt a bit weird to be caressed by girl other than his mother but he was to tired to oppose it. He closed his eyes, partially listening to her. Well he had to admit, it did feel kind of nice. And as he almost fell asleep in his chair he snapped out of it as she bid him goodnight. "Yeah. Have a good rest." Cole said rising from his seat, walking over to the darkest door in the house, which led to his room. Before entering he glanced back to her, wondering how tomorrow was going to be.

Shaking his head he entered, it was to late, and he to damn tired to think any further right now. He sluggishly stripped off his clothes down, putting on a pair of comfy night trousers slumping down onto his bed. Lying on his chest he stared towards the door. If only his mother was here, she'd give him some good advise on how to handle the situation and 'her'. As soon he thought about it he snickered to himself turning around on his back. No, she would probably just try to hook him up again. He sighed, finally closing his eyes and getting some good shut eye for the night.

This time Cole slept a little longer than usual. When he woke up the sun allready shone brightly hitting him in the face with it's rays. He got up stretching from his bed then exiting the door like always, scratching his stomach. He headed over to get a mug and some left over water. He leaned on the table as he took a sip, seeing as something shifted on the couch under a blanket. Almost spitting his drink. Cole there forgot for a second he hadn't come home alone yesterday.

Conscious of the fact that he had a guest, that was potentially still sleeping he quitly put the mug down and slowly crept towards a corner to pick up two empty buckets. He then proceeded towards the door unlocking it and quitly closing it behind him as he exited. He breathed out relieved before heading now to the well located a little farther out. As he got there he met up with a neighboor who was also just getting himself some water. "Morning." Cole said as the middle aged men greeted him with a smile and also a good morning.

"So did you hear that the princess ran away?" A small nervous droplet ran down his temple. "Yeahh..." Cole averted his gaze feeling a little uncomfotable. "But seriously, they didn't had to be so rough while searching for her." In that aspect he completely agreed with the men, finally getting his turn to get some water. "Truthfully some say the reason behind that is that she was abducted by someone." To which Cole responded almost immediately with a confident tone. "No." He regretted it as he hadn't thought ahead, the men gave him a doubting look. "I mean that's just a rumour, there is absolutely no prove right?" Cole smiled a little nervous as the men nodded to his statement, though not entirely convinced.

Cole quikly parted with him and went back to his house with two buckets of water. He entered as quitly as he could but Leanna probably would have allready been woken up by his sneaking around before, so he gave it up. "Good morning." He greeted her before putting the buckets down in the corner. In his carefreeness he still only wore the trousers, running around bare chested. Cole grabbed some cloth drenched in alcohol and bandages from a shelf before heading over to the couch sitting on one edge he expectantly looked at Leanna. "Could you lend me your help. It is kind of uncomfortable to do it myself."

He wouldn't mind if it was sloppy or not, he couldn't do better by himself anyway. As long as it would hold he was absolutely fine with it. As he looked her in the face he noticed she still had some of his blood on the cheek. He instinctively reached out and tried to rub it off. "You should wash your face. Or they seriously will think I did something to you." He said laughing a little over his own ironic sentence. He let his gaze wander over the couch to the window. It was probably about noon right now. They should head out soon. Cole tried to hold as still as he could while being treated, wondering if the wound would leave a scar. Maybe it would be a nice match to the bite scar on his right shoulder. His father had said back then that it would let him look manly. As if. He only had said so to soothe the pain.

(0) (0)
*insert not working picture here* >8I

Posted: Dec 22nd, '16, 00:10    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 39248
Mood: Obsessed
Leanna slept peacefully, but upon waking up her back ached and her arm was dead. It was not as comfortable as she first thought. The sound of a door closing startled her and her brain finally clicked as she figured out that Cole had left - possibly to get supplies or food? She wasn't sure, but she was confident he would. Being alone in his home felt strange though, she felt like she was intruding. Leanna shook her head and stood on wobbly legs, all of her joints seems to ache like she was some old woman.

next time we decide to have a sleep over I'll suggest the castle she thought bitterly.

After a few good stretches she began to have a mental battle as to whether or not help tidy the place up a little. It felt rude to leave it as it as after the ransack, but then would tidying up be too much of an intrusion? She didn't have long to debate as the door opened and Cole walked through with some clean water, "Good morning" she replied curtly. He sat down next to her and asked her to help with his bandages. Leanna agreed and took more care and patience this time, she wasn't quite so freaked out now that blood wasn't still dripping everywhere. She raised his arm gently and wiped the skin clean, patting it dry and then wrapping a clean cloth around it. She pulled the fabric tightly, making it much more secure and much neater than before.

She'd still never meet the qualities of a nurse, but it was decent. She lingered when finished, holding his arm gently for a few seconds longer. It was her fault Cole was hurt - but how could she make up for it? He might even have a scar left there I'm so sorry the thought sadly and was about to voice her concerns when he had reached up and touched her cheek, wiping the dried blood away. She blushed, not used to such contact, and then realised she was still holding his arm. Leanna looked down as she let go, noticing the curves and cracks in Cole's skin, her blue eyes scanned him with interest, he was clearly used to hard work and labour as his muscles showed clear. And he had scars dotted over him, some very faint and small, others a little deeper and more colourful.

After her inner-study was done, she looked at the same window Cole was looking at and sighed. "I suppose we should head back..." she said. Getting herself ready for what could potentially be a horrific family encounter. She gave a disheartened sigh, "I was so foolish to try and run away, now there's going to be nothing but grief for everyone involved." She quickly fixed her clothes, no longer caring if they were dirty; all of her was dirty anyway, a bath was very much needed. "We'll head into the castle the way I snuck out hen going to the academy - hopefully it will cause the least fuss."

She headed outside, enjoying the pretty view of the sun over the water and walked just a little bit into the water so her feet could enjoy the freedom of no shoes once more. "I don't think it should take too long, seeing as we're not having to go through town to the main entrance" she explained and started heading towards the castle. Internally, she was preparing herself for some of the most difficult interrogation from all her family, and probably even Marie.

After a little while they came to the castle wall that kept it separate from the rest of the world and Leanna followed it round until they came across a small door. There was one guard stationed there and she made a kind of 'tch' sound - "There's never been guards here before" - she walked over, noticing his complete lack of observation and dedication. What a lazy man. She held her head high and walked straight up to the door, when he finally noticed. "Woah there lady you can'- Princess?!" The guard looked her up and down, jaw open in shock.

"Don't tell anyone, guard." she said, putting her 'princess voice' back into gear. "I've returned and that's all you need to know.... also, this man is with me" The guard said nothing but nodded enthusiastically, letting them both pass. The servants quarters were bustling as normal, but this time each maid, butler, cook, cleaner and gardener stopped to greet her and welcome her home.

"It's been terribly lonely without you, my highness"
"Oh how we've all missed you, your majesty"
"Welcome home, Princess"

Leanna waved at each of them, and always curtsied back politely. Telling them how it was nice to return and that she had left willingly. Eventually she made it upstairs. "Now, I wonder where they will be..." she said, bringing Cole with her to find her family.

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Dec 22nd, '16, 19:11    

Nihal

After being treated by Leanna Cole dressed back in his daily clothes not forgetting his sword in case should anything arise. After having met some of the guards and her brother he wouldn't feel to safe leaving without any means of defending himself. With a nod he follwed the princess to the castle. Meeting a very suprised guard who seemed to keep a watch on the escape route she had used before. He gave the men a grumpy look who flinched in response as they passed by inside.

As soon they had entered Cole was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people running around greeting the princess. It put him once again, along with Leanna, into the centre of attention making him rather uncomfortable as some of them gave him confused looks. On the contrary though, Leanna seemed very accustomed to it all and greeted them all back. It was also a bit suprising to see how so many people would care so much for one person. It was something he hadn't seen yet nor experienced. In other words Cole felt out of place.

This time he could take in the scenery, not like last time, where he had simply rushed through. For what appeared to be the servant quarters it was kept rather neatly, everything seemed clean and organized so far though with so many people it could be a little confusing. But as they progressed farther inside the castle where the royals lived, the atmosphere changed completly. The colours and decorations seemed all to be high quality with an aura of nobility. It felt like they had entered another world. Cole couldn't help but let a small "Wow.." escape his lips.

The further they progressed the more worried he became. "I just hope your brother won't put me into prison for coming back. I still have a date with Dramor." Cole finally looked at Leanna who seemed to be worried as well, for other reasons though probably. He squeezed her shoulder. "It'll be alright. Besides, my offer of a favour from my side still stands." Cole walked beside her adjusting his posture. They could meet her family any moment now and he wanted to look confident and strong. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of people her parents are, especially the King. Barely anyone had the chance to meet him face to face and he was the one leading this country afterall. The only person he wasn't all to eager to meet was Targus. At the though Cole put his hand on his sword out of habit to calm himself. No matter what he would back Leanna up as good as he can.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 24th, '16, 22:00    

PastelWitch

Leanna walked through the halls that led to their 'family room', it was a place for them away from the public eye to rest together and enjoy each others company. There were guards stationed all throughout the building, often surprised to see her - a few tried to stop Cole, but she insisted he was with her and kept close to him at all times. After the fourth guar it all got very repetitive and irritating, so when the fifth asked if she was okay she snapped and yelled at him. The poor guy stepped back and mumbled something as she pushed past.

Although her composure seemed fierce, inside she was terrified.

When they arrive at a large wooden door, she listed carefully, hearing multiple voices and took a deep breath. "Just for now... let me do the talking." she warned, wondering if she was going to punished the second she walked through. The door creaked open revealing all of the royal family the advisor and the King's Knight. The room itself was decorated in royal reds and golds with leather chairs and a huge fireplace. All of the people in the room stopped silent as Leanna walked in and before she could speak the King rushed forward, grabbing her in a tight embrace and giving her a much needed hug.

She had wanted to be strong, but as he father pulled away ad she saw tears in his eyes, Leanna cried, apologising for leaving. Targus stormed past her to Cole, grabbing him roughly, "How dare you come here - I thought I told you to leave!" Leanna left her fathers arms and pushed Targus away, standing between Cole and the her family.

"You don't understand! Cole helped me!" she looked back between him and her brother, "Whilst mother and father were busy with the letters that kept arriving, and you were travelling, I decided to sneak out and attend the academy - to work with dragons." The queen let out a small gasp, covering her mouth with her hands, "I learnt many, wonderful things and Cole has been my only friend through it all." Leanna then went on to talk about her time spent with Cole, and the dragon's she had become friends with - even the fact that wild one's had played with her. After a little while, her father walked up to Cole and extended his hand.

"Thank you for looking after my daughter." he said, calm and with a smile that made his eyes twinkle. The queen then walked over to her and gave Leanna a hug as well, "I'm so glad you're safe... come on, lets get you bathed and in clean clothes." Leanna nodded, and told the King Knight, who was called Quinten, and told him to ensure Cole was also well looked after.

Her mother stayed with her the entire time, although it was Marie who bathed and washed her, listening to Leanna talk excitedly abut Dragons. Once she was dressed, in a very pretty purple dress, and her hair braided they walked back to the family room. Her father was smiling at Cole, as they talked which made Leanna's heart flutter with happiness - although it seemed Targus was nowhere to be seen. "Father, why is it that I can't be with dragons?" she asked, nervous for some reason. The king looked awkward, and shifted in his seat, "Leanna, my sweet, it is a... complicated reason" and so she looked down, dejected - she hated pressing for answers when her Father had such a sad look in his eyes.

Quinten suddenly spoke up; "I think perhaps, after the last few days, the Princess deserves to know". Hopeful, she turned her attention back to the King who let out a deep sigh; "Very well... my darling please understand. Many, many generations ago people were terrified of Dragons. They were seen as demons. My ancestor was the first man to 'speak' with one, to understand it's life and to make peace with it. The shared a bond, but the rest of the country despised the beast and called the King a traitor to mankind, a devil-worshipper and other such names. In order to regain his title and keep his crown the King was forced to kill the dragon he had befriended. While dying, a magi from a distant land came up and spoke with the dragon, apparently understanding it's language. The magi said 'the beast has cursed your blood and all that inherit it - for dragons have seen your ways and know your smell. Your blood shall incur the wrath of their kind for eternity'. Believing it was just a curse, many generations after him tried to befriend dragons, all were slaughtered. Since then, it has become an unwritten rule that royal blood does not go near them, let alone work with them."

After his speech Leanna hugged him tightly, "I'm so sorry for scaring you" she whispered. "But then why did the dragons not attack me?" she asked, more to herself than anyone else.

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Dec 25th, '16, 18:49    

Nihal

It was a bit suprising to see Leanna on edge but under these circumstances it was understandable. When she asked him to let her do the talking he simply nodded in agreement. And once the door opened, before Cole could even register or take in the whole picture of the room and people, the king had rushed to his daughters side while Targus went for him. Cole leaned against his pushing not giving in, silently staring back at him. Soon enough Leanna pushed them both apart. It was apparent that they weren't happy to see one another but Leanna did her best to defend Cole, going as far as calling him a friend, which truthfully had him suprised a little.

Cole shook the Kings hand. "Sure thing." It seemed the men infront of him possessed great kindness as he couldnn't spot any malice from him. He always was wary about people in high positions, especially those who led the country. Politics could be quite the dirty work afterall. In the corner of his eye he saw Leanna leave with her mother leaving him behind with her father. "What's your name young lad?" The king started a conversation all of the sudden. "Cole." He simply replied. "Full name?" This time he mulled over it a little longer before saying. "Cole Dregth."

The King seemed a little suprised. "Dregth? Are you misses Dregths son? The herbalist?" Cole nodded and immediately recieved a hearty pat on the shoulder. "Who would have though." The king laughed, it seemed his mother really had worked here sometime. "She did me a great favour in the past. Say how is she doing?" Cole averted his gaze, accidently falling on Targus who gave him a dark look before storming off. "She has been away for a month allready. I do not know." Whenever it came up his heart became heavy, with each passing week his worry grew and gnawed on him. The king seemed to pick up on it speaking in a kind and reassuring tone. "I'm sure she is alright and will come back soon."

The king gave him a confident smile, which reminded Cole of his own father, and it hurt. "Thank you for your concern, sir." He breathed out relieved being thankfull for Leanna returning as the attention was back on her. Cole leaned on the wall as he still couldn't get used to seeing her in a dress. It felt weird. He crossed his arms and listened as the king explained. Somehow the story sounded familiar to him, maybe it was something his dad had mentioned to him long ago. Beside that he didn't believe in that hocus pocus kind of magic or curses. The only thing he was sure of is what he himself had witnessed, and that was the dragons seemed to take Leanna well.

Finally Cole walked forward speaking up. "Excuse my intrusion, but when was the last time you tried interacting with dragons? Maybe it allready wore off. Even though I don't know how much of that story is true to begin with." Cole seemed a little stern as he talked. "All I can say that is true is what I wittnessed myself." For a moment his gaze shifted between the king and Leanna. "And that is that the dragons seem to take a liking to your daughter, she even made a bond with a scarred dragon who wouldn't let anyone else get near it." His gaze wandered to the floor.

Cole though for a while, choosing his words carefully. "We are not only taught how defend ourself in combat against other humans but also dragons incase should anything happen. Because we know not all dragons are kind, just like not every human is kind." His voice had a bit of a bitter undertone. "But we still fight because we also know that they can be as kind as humans, even if we have to kill some of them sometimes." Cole finally looked back up. "If you hold any value on another persons opinion, then hear me out. I think your daughter deserves a chance to change that fate of yours. Sir." The room went silent and Cole shifted a little umcomfortably on the spot. "Well, I think It's time for me to leave. This is a family matter afterall, I do not belong here." He bowed respectfully glancing once at Leanna, wishing her luck innerly before turning around and walking outside.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 30th, '16, 00:24    

PastelWitch

Her fathers story seemed to make the whole room turn deathly still, Leanna wasn't sure what to make of it. There was a lot she didn't understand, but the tired look on her fathers face made her keep her lips sealed, instead she hugged him gently, "I'm sorry for scaring you father". It seemed a calmness had returned, and Leanna listened as Cole stepped forward, pleasantly surprised he was so relaxed around her family - most people couldn't stop bowing or using the word 'highness, grace or majesty'.

Leanna couldn't stop the happy bubbling that formed in her chest, someone was finally defending her, speaking against her family and being on her side. It made her so happy that she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. Cole had praised her, telling the King and Queen of her time spent with all the dragons, especially Azutri and the wild ones, her mother was clearly in shock after hearing abut her daughters exploits, but Leanna beamed, radiant as she couldn't help but giggle at Cole's awkward exit. "Cole wait!"

Lifting the hem of her skirt, and being thankful her shoes were flat, she ran after him. "Cole!" she yelled again, getting his attention, as he turned around she didn't stop running and instead crashed into him, arms wrapped around his neck in a tight embrace. "Thank you so much" she said softly, making the hug slightly more gentle, "I've never had anyone on my side before and for some reason now they understand." she pulled away, the smile never wavering, "Who knows, maybe I'll be allowed to come visit the academy one day?" Her blue eyes looked to the window of the hallway, basking in the sunlight, "I may not be living with dragons, or even working with them, but Mother and Father have seen that they are not harmful creatures, and with time I'm sure they'll give me more freedom. This is the first step of many for me, and I couldn't have done it without you"

She pushed a small strand of hair behind her ear, "I'll ensure all guards are told not to question you or your family, and that you are welcome to visit me at any time." Only now did her smile falter, "I'll be sure to bring Targus down a notch now that Father approves as well, I'm so sorry he hurt you." he placed her hand on Cole's wound gently, the lifted it off and placed her hands together, interlocking her fingers. "As rugged and cold you seem on the outside, you're incredibly sweet Cole." she giggled, "and if anyone annoys you tell them they've got me to answer to!" She puffed out her chest and raised her arm, as if to show off her biceps, but only held the pose for a few seconds before laughing.

"I'll see you soon Cole, here..." Leanna removed a pin from her hair and threaded it in Cole's jacket, "... don't forget about me, okay? And tell Dramor, Azutri and the others I miss them already." She waved him off, watching until he was out of sight when a hand suddenly grabbed her shoulder. Leanna gasped and spun around, trying to fight the hand that now gripped her tightly. "Targus?!" the corridor seemed frighteningly empty now... Targus had a grim look on his face, shadows dancing on his sharp features. "You have no right, little sister... no right at all!" his hand gripped even harder, "Stop it!" she tried to push him away.

"I hate it... I hate you! I was meant to be the next King, but now look at me. A cast-aside son who can't win a sword fight against a filthy beggar man, bowing to his own sister?! It's ridiculous." He narrowed his eyes, "You need to stop this foolishness with dragons, wipe that ugly smile off your face and make sure you never, ever steal the spotlight from me again. Or I will make your life more miserable than you can imagine. I've learned how kill, sweet sister, don't think I wont use those skills on the disgusting peasant you're courting" Her protest died in her throat as he leaned in closer, "I can lie as well, tell Mother and Father how you're no longer a virgin, or how you promoted treason among the common folk - I'm warning you." He let go of Leanna's shoulder and stormed off, his boots and sword echoing through the hall.

Leanna shivered, the happy bubbles in her chest gone.

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Dec 30th, '16, 17:32    

Nihal

Luckily Cole was a sturdy men and didn't topple once Leanna had crushed into him, arms wrapped around his neck, he froze a little. "A second time.." He mumbled in a daze still listening to what she had to say. He smiled at her reassuringly. "I think you have enough vigor to do what you want to do." When she mentioned Targus his mien became a little darker. It wasn't that he had anything against him per se but the way he had acted didn't sit well with Cole. His attention returned to Leanna when she touched the wound, he sighed a little. "It'll be fine. It's nothing new." He shrugged as if it appeared to be absolutely normal. Well technically it was. There were times when people would get injuries from simple one on one combat training.

Cole awkwardly scratched his head, thinking about wherever her compliment was to be taken as such or more of an insult. Sweet wasn't a word he heard often, especially not in context with him. But her tough boss act did make him laugh. "I think you need some more training before you try to show off like that. But sure, I'll remember." Having a favour from the princess didn't sound to bad, he'd be sure to use it, someday it might come in handy. After Leanna had given him a pin from her hair which seemed oddly off on him but he did find it endearing and therefore would keep it close. "I doubt I'll ever forget."

He smiled a last time before bidding her goodbye and continuing on his way outside. After earning a few more wary and confused looks from the castles residents and guards he made his way out the front gate, where he walked past the guard he had met previously. The mens mien was completly dumbfounded as he looked back to the castle then back to him, repeating that a few times, frozen on the spot unsure of what to do or how to react. It amused Cole greatly and he grinned to himself as he left the castle behind.

It was around midday, the day was still young and he finally intended to keep his promise. When he arrived at the academy everyone seemed to go about the day as usual except stopping from time to time staring at him. Well after the spectacle from yesterday it didn't suprise him. As quikly as possible he went to the dragon shacks, pleading one of the caretakers to let him to his dragon, as they were doing their work for now, but luckily they
rarely said no to a free helping hand, letting him enter normally.

Once Cole was inside he found his dragon sleeping soundly, his chest heaving up and down gently as he snoozed. It was such a peacefull sight, even though this was a huge beast that could tear you apart within seconds. Quitly he approached Dramor petting him carefully on the snout to wake him up. "Get up my friend." Dramor blinked a few times before focusing him realising who it was he stood up stretching a little letting out a big yawn presenting his deadly row of teeth. Cole got the bucket with the fish, Dramors eyes fixed on it as he knew what to expect he licked his mouth. Fish after fish Cole threw them into the air which his friend caught almost immediately.

Before long the bucket was empty, and as a thanks Dramor gave him a friendly lick. To which Cole only responded with. "Oh come on! I told you not to do that." Saliva stuck to him and his clothing and made it feel uncomfortable, but nonetheless made him chuckle. He still tried to teach him a few things but it was difficult to convey something to a creature that did not speak your language. Only over time they learn to react to certain words or voice changes, but that always took some time. Still, there is one thing he realised. Today he really needed to take a good bath.

After acting a bit silly with Dramor, Cole made a halt on his way out at a particular dragon. It was Azutri as Leanna seemed to call it. The Dragon lazily turned it's head his way, a little curiously looking around as if searching for something or someone. "You looking for her?" Cole tilted his head sideways, it giving him a long stare before puffing and putting it's head back down, seemingly dissapointed. "Thought so..." He sighed. "She misses you, you know." Cole gently looked at the dragon as it didn't give him any reaction, well what to expect. It just he himself felt similar to it.

For some hours Cole kept training, after the past few days it felt like he was slacking off. He needed to keep improving, more and more, is what he always told himself. To sunken into training he didn't even realise how someone had walked up to him. Only calling for him a few times Cole finally turned. "Bermond?" Still a little out of breath he came closer. "What's up?" He asked the older one. "I think that's on you to explain. After yesterday." The old men gave him a stern look, yet with flickering curiosity in his eyes. "Uh. Well..." As Cole tried to find the right words he wiped his sweat away realising now that his wound had reopened. "Ah shit." He cursed and Bermond shook his head at his lack of self awareness.

The two of them went to the infirmary. While Bermond helped to change his bandages Cole had roughly summed up what happened. "I just wonder who helped her get in..." Cole finished, looking aside. Bermond was in the middle of putting the supplies back into the shelf. "Well, someone who thought it was worth a try. It caused a lot of ruckus though." At that he sounded a little displeased. The teachers and chief had probably to deal with a lot of questioning from Targus, which definitly hadn't been a pleasant conversation.

Bermond sat down infront of him looking very serious. "So what happened?" Cole stopped in the middle of putting his tunic back on. "What do you mean?" Bermond narrowed his eyes a little. "I mean she stayed over, right?" "Yeah..." "Only you two.." "Sooo...?" It began to dawn on him. "And you didn't do anything? Didn't even try?" Cole made a sour face. "As if. You think I'm stupid?" Bermond laughed leaning back in his chair. "Well she is a pretty lady, she was vulnerable and it was probably your best chance at-..."

"- at getting hanged, tortured or perhaps executed by her family for soiling her? Yeah great plan..." Cole snapped back, sounding pretty grumpy. "I was actually going to say, at becoming next king perhaps, but yes those are options too." Bermond still continued to tease him. "Not interested." Cole stood up adjusting his jacket, he was about to leave when Bermond asked him one more time. "You never thought about it? Really?" Cole stopped on the door frame thinking back. He wasn't the type to court woman nor was he fixated on them but truthfully he did get some notions from Leanna. The way she naturally acted was much more pleasant than her fake play, remembering her standing there in the light genuinely smiling at him, it stirred something that felt alien to him. Before his thoughts crossed the line he snapped out, leaving the old men behind without an answer.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 31st, '16, 00:55    

PastelWitch

After the threat from her brother, Leanna felt shaken and stayed within the castle for a few days. She hesitated when he was around, his cold eyes always staring her out. She hadn't realised that her actions had made Targus so angry, she still didn't even know why he was so angry, but the pure fear that ran through her veins when he threatened her was undeniable. And she did not want to feel that again.

But after three days she was beginning to get claustrophobic, she had spent her entire life in this castle but after just two days being outside it now felt unbearable. Carefully, she walked to her Mother hoping to get permission to go outside today, she had been on such good terms with her mother lately, it brought a pleasant feeling to her chest. "Mother?" she asked, as the Queen gently lifted her head from the book she was reading, "Yes my dear?", Leanna hesitated and played with her fingers nervously, "I was hoping to go out today. Just into town, or... to the academy"

The Queen shifted uncomfortably, clearing struggling with mixed feelings, but she left out a defeated sigh. "Yes, Leanna. I suppose we can't stop you any more. We'd forgotten you weren't a child but now..." she smiled reminiscently, "Only if you have a guard with you, and I most certainly don't want you wearing that dress. Please dress more appropriately for outings." Leanna beamed and hugged her mother tightly, "Of course Mother!" and she ran back to her room, Marie was there, laying some clothes on her bed.

"These were ordered by Her Majesty for you." she said with a soft smile, "I believe they're academy-approved training clothes - with some, minor alterations." Leanna looked at the outfit and smiled, it was simple although fine - a shirt, jacket and trousers. Marie tied her hair into a ponytail and just has she was finished a knock came at her door. "My Lady? I am to be your personal guard today. It is an honour to serve you." He bowed, looking very dignified in his armour, "Thank you sir. Shall we go?"

Leanna bid Marie goodbye and headed out with her friend, whose name was Markus, but he got quite flustered when she asked for it. He protected her well as they wandered into town, so many people greeted them and Leanna felt it was only polite to stop and chat to them. She enjoyed it so much, they tried to give her free items, apples, perfumes, clothes even livestock. She graciously declined and Markus seemed wary of each person got too close, but he was calm and never tried to get between them. Her arrival in town had caused a scene, and soon more and more people came flocking just to see her, at this Markus got closer to her, practically bumping into her every so often.

"Your Highness..." he whispered over the shouts of the people trying to see her, "... I feel it's necessary to retreat to a safer distance for now" Leanna agreed and with all the grace she could muster, excused herself, following Markus' large body as it parted the crowd. "I'd like to visit the academy before we return, I will be quick I promise!" Flustered again, Markus couldn't deny her and they headed to the academy. The younger people seemed more ferocious than the crowd outside and began trying to ask Leanna thousands of questions - many of the men wanted her to 'bless them' which she scowled at. Markus grabbed her hand and stood slightly in front, hand on the hilt of his sword - he yelled at the crowd to disperse at once. His booming voice echoing along the now silent walls.

"Thank you, Sir Markus!", the soldier blushed, looking everywhere except her and let go of hr hand. "W-we should probably hurry." and so they headed to the shacks, where Dramor and Azutri would be waiting for her. Secretly, she hoped Cole would be there too...

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Jan 1st, '17, 04:01    

Nihal

The next few days Cole spent his time finally tidying up his place and restocking, but also earning himself some coin by doing some small jobs in the city. Doing deliveries, transporting goods from one end of the town to the other with a cart but mostly doing heavy labour like stacking boxes. Of course he also always made time for his training and visiting his friend Dramor. Secretly he held an eye out for Leanna. Though he couldn't spot her anywhere. Cole began to consider to visit her himself in the near future, but the though of meeting her brother did make him falter.

"I think that's all." Cole put down the last box from the cart infront of Misses Grogg. "Thank you. With the age it's gotten harder on me. You were a great help." The elderly woman pressed the promised coins into his palm. "By the way how is it going with your young friend Lee?" She asked as she bent down and started to unpack. Cole sighed defeated. "Things turned out definitly in a way I wouldn't have expected them. Lee turned out to be the Kings daughter." Cole crossed his arms leaning back on the door frame. "Oh. So you finally noticed?" Misses Groggs chuckled, while Coles eyes went wide. "Wait, what? You knew?" He sounded clearly suprised, to which she just replied "Well you can call it a womans intuition, or simply common sense." He growled at her insult in return, that old woman still hasn't lost her sharp tongue and wasn't afraid to use it.

After bidding Misses Grogg goodbye Cole headed for the academy. When he arrived everything seemed rather peaceful. People had stopped staring at him but he still caught some of them whispering behind his back from time to time. And that buffon of a brainless guy had intensified his bullying, at which Cole snapped pretty soon. They both got into a fist fight, Cole won, but only with earning a few hits himself. One in the stomach and one in the face, resulting in an open lip wound and a blue imprint on the skin. He healed rather quikly, the colours began to fade allready and his arm wound was closing well. So overall he wasn't feeling to bad. The only thing bugging him was concerning his mother.

With a large scrubber Cole stood infront of Dramor who eyed him warily this time. "You know I gotta do this." Cole said putting the brush infront of him. "Now stay still..." He slowly came closer but Dramor drew back until he had no room to do so. Without hesitation Cole started to brush on Dramor who wriggled uncomfortably under it. It was only to keep him cleam and therefore healthy but the spots that had to be cleaned felt rather unpleasant to them. And Dramor was the type to defend himself till the bitter end. He pushed Cole out into the hallway. "Hey..!" He called grumpily as he headed straight back into the battle.

He did it a few times until Cole had enough. "Alright that's it." He put the brush aside and threw himself onto Dramor, putting on a wild ride to which Dramor was easily able to throw him off and instead catch Coles foot dragging him out into the halway. He dragged him across the floor Cole shouting angrily, passing by Leanna. The dragon halted and walked back up to her letting go of Coles foot.

There Cole lay a few moments staring up to the princess. "Yo." He simply said one hand put up to greet her. He quikly stood up brushing the straw and dirt from himself. Noticing the person by her side who seemed to eye him suspiciously. "Hello..." He greeted him a bit warily himself before turning his attention back on Leanna. "Your bodyguard?" He pointed at the men in armor. "Well at least you are here." Cole smiled, whilst Dramor demanded her attention. "Did you sort out things with your family?" He went over to Dramor pushing him aside, as he was a bit to playfull today. "By the way I have been keeping an eye on Azutri. She still keeps igrnoring me, but I think she'll be really happy to see you." He paused. "I think you should visit her." Cole suggested, now fighting with his own partner over the attention of Leanna. It was a friendly bickering and seemed probably very comically to others. "Do you think you can return back to the academy?" He finally asked turning more serious, though he was genuinly happy to see her at the academy.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 4th, '17, 00:19    

PastelWitch

Leanna hurried to the Dragon's where she hoped she would be able to say hello before Markus got too over-protective. They were close when they stopped as a large sound followed by shouting echoed through the campus. Leanna's first thought was to investigate, to make sure everyone was okay, but a firm hand on her shoulder told her otherwise. Before Markus could do much, Dramor bolted out towards them dragging Cole by his legs, the young Dragon skidded on the floor before dropping Cole to the floor and sniffing Leanna happily.

She couldn't help herself from bursting out laughing. For the first time Leanna laughed so hard she cried.

Markus was at a loss, and kept fretting over whether to guard the Princess, or calm the Dragon, but Leanna took no mind and laughed and laughed until her stomach hurt. Dramor seemed to sense her excitement and began to bounce around as if he were puppy wanting to play. "D-Down Dramor" she tried to say between breaths but the moment she looked at Cole with straw and leaves in his hair and his clothes all dishevelled she couldn't stop the giggles from resurfacing. Cole stood and dusted himself off, greeting them both warily as Dramor came back wanting to play.

After catching her breath and wiping the tears from her face she felt it was safe to speak, "I should introduce you, Sir Markus, this is Cole - Cole, this is my bodyguard for the day" she smiled at them both although Markus seemed very, very unimpressed by the whole ordeal. Cole mentioned meeting with Azutri, while Dramor tried to wiggle his way between everyone, almost demanding to be played with. Leanna chuckled - "I'd very much like to see her again, is she awake? Come Markus, you can meet her as well" They began to head back to the shacks, while Dramor stuck next to Cole and pressed up too hard against him. Leanna chuckled at the two.

"You're very close to him, is he special to you?" she asked, wondering if maybe that was too personal a question. Cole asked if she was returning, which brought her mood down slightly; "Not yet. Neither of my parents can handle that quite yet. I think it will take time. But look at me! They're warming up to the idea so who knows" She smiled brightly, "I couldn't have achieved any of this without you." The smell of ash and hay made the young princess turn her attention back to the dragons as she went to find the beautiful one she had bonded with. "Azutri!" she yelled when they met.

The Dragon instantly lifted itself and pressed it's face against Leanna's body, affectionately sniffling her and enjoying the attention. "I've missed you" Leanna whispered, running her hands along it's beautiful scales. Markus remained by the door, hand on the hilt of his sword and constantly tense. Leanna stared into Azutri's eyes as the Dragon playfully shook itself and let out a puff of warm air. "Don't tell Dramor... but I think you're my favourite" she said with a small giggle. While both Azutri and Dramor were occupied with each other she turned back to Cole, "How have you been? You're face suggests you've seen better days... please tell me that wsn't one of the guards or.." she looked at Markus and then leaned in closer to whisper; "... or my brother?"

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

[ 132 posts ]