Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 132 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Keeper (PastelWitch and Nihal)
Posted: Apr 7th, '18, 19:54    

Nihal

Hugs: 36653
Mood: Glad you came~ :)
(It happens. If you are up for it I don't mind continuing.^^)

Cole was happy with Leanna's response. As she kissed him he could feel the world around them disappear. A world where there was no war, bloodshed and treachery. She was his place to be someone else, someone better. "I'll try." He answered her with a chuckle as they held each other for a while before returning to the camp site.

As soon they returned Vince was back at it again, poking fun at them. This time though Cole looked to the side feeling somewhat guilty and caught off guard by his remark. Remembering the night they had spent together he answered in a brisk tone. "Shut up." As he sat down beside the eyepatch. He held the tip of the dagger above the small fire, turning it around a few times. "Here." Cole held the dagger to Vincent, who gave him a curious look before retrieving it from him. "So what'cha use it for?" Vince leaned closer to him to perhaps read his features. Which were rather calm compared to Leanna's.
After a few moments he answered him. "To make a promise." Vince eyes began to sparkle with even greater curiosity. "What kind of promise?" He leaned back with a mischievous smile. Cole looked at him sideways after taking some rabit meat from Rika. "Perhaps if we survive. I'll tell you." He smiled briefly himself before beginning to eat, leaving Vincent feeling disappointed.

After deciding in which order they would take their night shift Cole lied down near Leanna. It was to make sure should anything happen, that he could be beside her within a second. And even though he had his eyes closed he kept himself awake in worry over his princess. He heard her shift lightly a few times, tending to something. Before he knew it the sleep won over and he drifted off, until the time came when Leanna shook him awake to change watch. Giving her a goodnight kiss in return he lazily sat down infront of the dim firepit, stretching himself a little. As he let his eyes wander over their other two companions, he noticed Vince staring back at him with a grin, mouthing a. "I saw that." Cole growing slightly irritated, took a small rock throwing it at the eypatch to wipe that grin off his face. It hit him in the side but he barely made a noise, before turning on his back giving a small chuckle returning to his own sleep.

Cole's watch was mostly uneventful. Except some animal noises and winds rustling, everything seemed peacefully quit. He had used his time to polish his sword to perfection. It always had a calming effect on his mind. After finishing up he went over and woke Rika who's watch was next. The woman moved quikly and effeciently, her eyes portrayed how sharp her mind was as soon she had opened them. She seemed very dedicated to her purpose. Cole found that noble, compared to their one eyed partner who only seemed interested in intruding in their private life.

Cole lied down as close as he could to Leanna without seeming to suspicious about it. He would have liked to hug her but refrained himself from doing so. It was time to replenish as much energy as possible. They would need every bit of it in the coming days. The shifts of the other two were normal as well. Nothing suspicious going on so far. The next morning after they gathered all their belongings and had a small snack, he and Vince removed their trail by spreading and covering their fireplace as best they could.

After they sat out once more Cole walked beside his dragon, calming him as best he could. His poor friend seemed nervous the closer they approached their enemy. Dramor was scared and Cole could relate to that as well. His own heart glenched in anxiety over their mission. If they failed it would be over. Not just for them, but the whole of their kingdom.

At some point his eyes met Leannas and he gave her a small comforting smile, deciding to walk up to her. "You okay?" He asked his golden eyes watching every of her moves with concern. "I'm growing more nervous with every step. I never thought I'd return to this cursed place again." For a moment his features darkened before he shook his head to shoo away the bad thoughts that threatened to creep up on him again. No, he shouldn't concentrate on the bad things but the good ones. Cole wanted to come out alive of this war. That's also what his promise had meant that he gave to Leanna. And not just that. He leaned down to Leanna's ear whispering. "When this is all over, let's go somewhere nice." As he retreated he caught Vincent looking at them again. Slightly uncomfortable under his gaze he made a side step. That guy is such a peeping tom.

(0) (0)
*insert not working picture here* >8I

Post subject: Re: Dragon Keeper (PastelWitch and Nihal)
Posted: Jun 3rd, '18, 18:56    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 38594
Mood: Obsessed
Leanna woke with a strange feeling; like she was being watched. She sat up and looked around, but saw only Rika yawning and tending to the last embers of the fire. She felt eyes on her from every angle. It scared her. She spied Cole sleeping not too far from her, and despite all her mental arguments, she went with her heart and shuffled closer - taking hold of him arm she held it to her chest, hugging it tightly, and snuggled up to him. She no longer cared who knew about their relationship. Vince and Rika were nice people anyway. Leanna finally managed to drift off again, although into a rather uneasy sleep.

When she woke, Rika and Cole were already awake, although Vince seemed to be snoring loudly. The sun was just peeking over the horizon. "How long until we move again?" she asked, hoping she would have a little time to wake up properly. Rika smiled sadly, "As soon as that big oaf wakes up we're off. I was just packing a few things up. The eastern course will be easier - but with more risk of attacks - the western front is much more hidden but will take longer. And we might suffer from natural issues such as wild animals and poisonous plants." She paused her actions, "What should we do, Princess?" Leanna blinked a few times - she had no idea!

She often listened in on her Father's meetings and strategies but she'd never thought she'd have to make a decision herself. "W-well..." she stammered, "The enemy is already pushing forward on our land so the quicker the better. We'll have to face whatever they send after us." She saw Rika smile, "a wise choice". Vince woke eventually, after most of the work was done and they headed on their way again - Leanna held her palm, cut from the previous night, and breathed deeply. Cole would protect her, and she would protect Cole. They had been walking for a number of hours, the sun was almost directly above them now and Leanna felt extremely uncomfortable in the heat. "Ugh, I feel so gross" she said while trying to air out her shirt. "A Princess shouldn't be so sweaty..."

Rika and Vince's laugh made Leanna pout.

They walked further and further still until it was decided they break; Leanna slumped to the ground, opting to hide under the shade of a large tree. Vince sat heavily on to the ground as well, "I'm getting to old for this shit" he muttered, trying to get stones out of his shoe. "Don't get too comfortable, we'll be starting again in an hour or so just so that we can camp in that large forested area" Vince grumbled again. Leanne sighed softly and stood again, deciding to tend to Azutri for a while, who seemed equally uncomfortable in this hot weather and then it hit her again - that feeling of being watched. From everywhere

Leanna froze, it almost felt like someone was creeping up on her, their hands slowly reaching out and cold fingers curling around her neck. Azutri snapped - teeth catching the edge of Leanna's arm and the dragon lunged forward, fighting with an unknown entity; she heard Rika and Vince scream as figures seemed to materialise from the darkness; swords clashing and blood spraying the grass. Assassins seemed to be everywhere, Rika struggled with three of them as they pinned her to the ground - Vince fought valiantly against four but had his leg sliced so that he couldn't stand and although Cole was still standing there was no way she could reach him. One assassin reached for her but she punched him hard in the gut; turning and trying to run toward Cole.

Those cold hands were on her again and Leanna reached for her own weapon and defended herself from whatever was trying to attack her - but her eyes met a pair of eyes that didn't recognise but instilled the feeling of pure fear. "My, my, my... The Princess of Androa dares to draw a sword against me?" The voice make Leanna's heart turn cold. The figure stepped through the shadows wearing a red cape and royal black garments. A dark gold crown adorned his head.

"Oh how rude of me, let me introduce myself. My name is Prince Haytham of Yeurna." he paused to bow, eyes glancing menacingly to Cole and then back to Leanna. "You're future husband"

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

[ 132 posts ]