That RL skaters love it too!  11%  [ 9 ]
Delicious food~  35%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 79
 Post subject: Yuri!!! on Ice fans?
Posted: Dec 11th, '16, 11:14    

Pingbot

Hugs: 10117
Mood: SLEEPY
So this series about ice skating has certainly captured the attention of a lot of people, for various reasons. :) Anyone else jamming on this one?

I've only watched a few other sports anime and they aren't usually my thing, but this one got me on multiple levels: it's a sport I like; the animation is mostly great; it's very well-plotted; I like the characters, and
Spoiler
the relationships actually progress in mostly realistic ways, even though ep 10 turned a lot of things on their heads :mcheh: .
I'm finding it pretty delightful that RL pro ice skaters are enjoying it (Johnny Weir just got into it, and was tweeting about it a whole bunch!), and also that some of the characters are pretty clearly based on skating personalities in looks or attitude or both. The skating routines are accurate, too, and there's a former skater on staff to vet things.

There are only two more eps to go before S1 is done, and while they've talked about being open to an S2, I don't think it's been confirmed yet.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Yuri!!! on Ice fans?
Posted: Dec 11th, '16, 20:10    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 38748
Mood: Obsessed
I've just started watching it and already love it. It's such a good show!

I think it brings Ice Skating to the forefront of media (especially in young people) and will hopefully boost the popularity of it.

All the characters are amazing and I love the animation - Yuri and Victor are hilarious and I'm really excited to watch the rest of the show.

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Dec 11th, '16, 23:25    

Moi

Hugs: 325159
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Urk. I keep seeing so much fanart and I want to watch it ~

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Dec 13th, '16, 23:36    

Haze

Hugs: 199108
I came across this thread yesterday and as I was looking for a new anime to watch decided to give it a try. So far I have seen only 3 episodes but it seems really interesting. I like the art, and while I wasn't that sure of the plot at first but it's easy to follow and doesn't bore you at all.
Thanks for introducing me to it c:

(0) (0)
Looking for the following knuffel:
Halloween 2014

Butterfly lair leadband

Posted: Jan 22nd, '17, 13:28    

Tis ti

Hugs: 3806
Mood: mostly sleepy
After everyone was taking about how amazing it was I finally caved and watched it, and I realy liked it, I love how other skaters aren't just annoying/mean enemies but actual people with hopes and dreams (maybe I just love Yurio XD) and I really love the OST!
I didn't really like the drawings/animation style (especially during routines) but everything else was so good it didn't really matter that much XD

(0) (0)
Often MIA bc uni [sigh]

Posted: Jan 29th, '17, 14:09    

Arachne

Hugs: 48611
I finished S1 yesterday. I'm also not a fan of sport animes, I've watched only few so far and not liked them too much. But this one I truly enjoyed. The pacing was great. I loved the characters and their relationships with each other, even if sometimes it was too gay for me and I needed a break (I'm not a big fan of LGBT, though I don't have anything against them either). The animation and music was also very appealing.

I'll surely watch S2 when it comes out.

(0) (0)
I want to practise my English. If you see any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Why do some people use such a small font size? It hurts my eyes... :mcdead:

Posted: Feb 18th, '17, 22:17    

Angel-WolfBunny

Hugs: 14330
I watched it, already, two times this year. I could say that I am somewhat obsessed with YOI. I love animation and music. It also has pretty realistic characters and good writing. Characters actually have some depth and relationships between character take time to develop or, if they are already developed, they have good stories of how they developed. I like how LGBT+ theme isn't made just for fangirls to obsess over and is actually healthy. (What I can't say about many LGBT+ relationships in anime and manga)

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 3rd, '17, 16:29    

Rococo

Hugs: 1719
Well I only sat every Wednesday waiting for it to air on my crunchyroll premium membership, so... yeah, I very much enjoyed it.

Though all the other bl stuff I've been watching seems kinda lame in comparison now

And every time I hear the intro, it gets stuck in my head for days

But I should have a keychain coming in, in a few days with Viktor, Yuri and Yurio

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 4th, '17, 14:27    

NCS3RR4N

Hugs: 277
I loved the animation and the good writing in each episode. I really thought it was just going to be a senseless BL-fest but it turned out it was more than that, and I was pleasantly impressed.

The episode with Yuri's drunken shenanigans was the highlight of the season for me.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 10th, '17, 12:10    

Altira

Hugs: 81106
Angel-WolfBunny wrote:I watched it, already, two times this year. I could say that I am somewhat obsessed with YOI. I love animation and music. It also has pretty realistic characters and good writing. Characters actually have some depth and relationships between character take time to develop or, if they are already developed, they have good stories of how they developed. I like how LGBT+ theme isn't made just for fangirls to obsess over and is actually healthy. (What I can't say about many LGBT+ relationships in anime and manga)
This! I was hesitant at first because shows with queer men are usually written as 'fanservice' for straight women, but YOI really cares about it's characters and has a great balance between the growing relationship between Yuri and Victor and the competative skating part. Plus, the animation is just great!

(0) (0)
We need never by hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken.
- Miles Halter, Looking for Alaska

[ 14 posts ]