Will watch/read one day  15%  [ 6 ]
FOOD  56%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 41
 Post subject: Drifters
Posted: Feb 20th, '17, 20:46    

Arachne

Hugs: 48638
Has anyone seen the anime yet?

I've watched it since the concept seemed interesting and I really like it. I loved how realistic it was. And the whole brutality actually fits pretty well, considering it's a war after all. Also, watching the anime it's simply impossible to not think about Hellsing. This art style, this type of humor (which I personally do not get)... Though I enjoyed the show much, much more than Hellsing.

Sadly, it would be probably much more enjoyable if I knew all these historical figures. I wonder how historically correct the show itself is.

I also liked the pacing. The anime seems like a really well made. Though I don't know the manga... There'll be second season one day, but I don't think the date is announced yet.

So, anyone?

(0) (0)
I want to practise my English. If you see any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Why do some people use such a small font size? It hurts my eyes... :mcdead:

Post subject: Re: Drifters
Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 01:21    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43680
Mood: Boondocks
Yeah! I've only watched the first seven episodes, because that's what was out at the time. I thoroughly enjoyed it, though. I should go check it out again.

It definitely looks like Hellsing. I'm pretty sure it's made by the same people?
I thinnnk anyway. Thought I saw something on that.

I don't know many of the characters but I do know about Oda Nobugana. He was a brutal guy. The show adds some flair to him that ... may not be completely accurate but at the same time, who really knows, anyways? All we have are facts and figures. Hard to say what his personality was like.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 13th, '17, 23:30    

Arachne

Hugs: 48638
Yeah, there are so many similarities in style I'd say it's nearly impossible the both series are made by different people.

Oh, I haven't heard about Oda Nobunaga at all before starting the show. I've heard about some other characters, but I always found history boring, so I can't say I know much about them. And there are many I've never heard about before.

I'm sure they added a lot of flair to them all. After all, that makes the show much more interesting. Besides, I'd say it'd be impossible to be completely accurate. I think there isn't enough information left.

(0) (0)
I want to practise my English. If you see any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Why do some people use such a small font size? It hurts my eyes... :mcdead:

Posted: May 25th, '17, 04:49    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43680
Mood: Boondocks
I only know about him due to going down a Wikipedia rabbit hole. I don't remember if I recognized anyone else... so chances are I don't, haha.

Confirmed on the Hellsing part, btw. At least, both of the manga are written by the same author.

(0) (0)

[ 4 posts ]