Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 37 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Unpopular Movie?
Posted: Oct 24th, '17, 04:20    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 193190
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Color me strange, but I really enjoyed "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" as a kid. It had some parts that were a little intense for a child, but it kinda appealed to me and my sense of adventure.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 3rd, '17, 17:37    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43329
Mood: Boondocks
I keep meaning to watch that.

I forgot to mention Lady in the Water! Everyone hated that movie. I liked it >_>

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 4th, '17, 04:50    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 77548
I really like Short Time, but it seems like most people have never seen or heard of it, and the reviews for it were pretty mediocre.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 21st, '18, 21:11    

Kaiamond

Hugs: 22623
Mood: Enjoying the promotion still!
I liked the movie The Phantom, with Billy Zane. Everyone looks at me like I'm stupid when I watch it/mention it, but it's one of those that, maybe because I'm not trying to take it seriously? I mean, I see it's flaws (purple skin-tight suit on a white horse, perfect camo for the jungle!), but I do enjoy it still.

I know there's more (I really enjoyed Anastasia, personally), but that was the first one to pop in my head. Just, I mention it, and people look at me like, "wth is wrong with you?"

(0) (0)
ImageImage
(wolves by Meta!)

Posted: Feb 28th, '18, 04:16    

McCoy

Hugs: 1364
Mood: Tired
For me it's Crash. I, like the Academy, think it's superior to Brokeback Mountain and Babel and think it deserves it's 2005 BP Oscar.

(0) (0)
I'm McCoy. Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth.
One of the reasons I'm using this site is that I was banned from a similar forum for alleged flaming (over a period of several years that don't represent my 2018 persona). Just breaking the ice about what kind of sick and disturbed rascal I (allegedly) am.
Fuck fascism forever.
@mccoygenfanImage

Posted: Apr 10th, '19, 09:21    

LittleJulez

Hugs: 189193
Mood: happy :)
I really disliked "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs" to be honest :qoops:
I found it boring.

One of mine is "Percy Jackson". People say they don't like it, but I do :D

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 2nd, '19, 06:22    

Star Crystal Rose

Hugs: 13926
Mood: I'm melting! Melting!
It seems to me that Anastasia can't be 'unpopular' or a 'Guilty Pleasure' movie since so many of us like it. I also enjoyed Treasure Planet though my mum hated it and banned my siblings and I from watching it after a while.
Nightmare Before Christmas is always awesome, as is Corpse Bride, both of which I have been criticized for watching at a time that isn't Halloween. (or Christmas Nightmare)
I also saw someone who mentioned Lady in the Water and I remember watching and enjoying it, but no one else liked it so I never really got to watch it more than a couple of times.
I also enjoy both the Percy Jackson movies, though I do think they would make a better tv show and think the books are better. They aren't the best movies ever made but they could have been worse.

(0) (0)
First Fairy: 25/10/2014

Posted: Apr 13th, '20, 20:14    

Merrymaking

Hugs: 132614
Mood: Hey doc, I'm not feeling well. I've had the tits all day.
Rococo wrote:Okay so hear me out
This is not as much guilty pleasure as diverse tastes.
We probably all have it, that one or two movies that most of the world agrees are bad, or just unimpressive, that you love the heck out of.

For me it's Don Bluth's Anastasia and Disney's Treasure Planet
I don't even feel guilty for it, I love those two animated movies to death

(And I have lost count of how many times I have re-watched them)
Wait, are those unpopular? I love both these movies. And Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? Stop dissing my faves! That was a work of art and together with How To Tame Your Dragon it's my favourite animation movie, like, ever. Please don't tell me HTTYD is 'unpopular' as well, or there will be consequences. :mcmeh:

And Swan Princess. Come on. Between my sister and me, that movie was hella popular.

Who gets to decide a movie is unpopular anyway? I see Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride named here, but those, especially Nightmare, are immensely popular in their cult.

No, take one of my favourite series now. It may not be a movie, but I'm terrified at how underrated it seems to be. I'm talking about The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. For some reason I had missed the original movie, which turned out to be a cult classic like Nightmare before Christmas. But the new series - dang! That's a masterpiece if ever there was one! It aired on Netflix last year and after having seen it, I expected the rest of the world to be as blown away as I was. But everyone I ask about it just goes "Yeah well, I don't like dolls". But, but! They're not dolls. They're Gelfling! Artistically the whole setting is mindboggling, but if you somehow don't appreciate all that, it's still a hell of a story, and the characters are just... well, what's not to love? It really makes my heart cry to see how underrated Age of Resistance is and I really, really wish people would try to see through the unusual style one day.

Edit: I am currently laughing my buttocks off, because the dumbass who was dissing my dear Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was, apparently, me. I'm glad that I was just as disgruntled about this three years ago. :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
3秒だけ生かしてくれ見てみたい物があるから。
僕はできる。分からせて見せる? 僕は生きる。

Is a danger to be trusting one another
One will seldom want to do what other wishes
But unless someday somebody trusts somebody
There'll be nothing left on Earth excepting fishes!

***BUYING MEROPE STAR CLUSTER***

Posted: Apr 15th, '20, 12:24    

Altira

Hugs: 79560
Unpopular is definitely a very relative term; there's tons of movies that didn't do well financially or critically, but are still considered beloved by a lot of people (Anastasia and Treasure Planet are good examples). Especially on the internet it's almost impossible to find an 'unpopular' movie that has some kind of cult following.

That said, I think something like 'I wish more people knew about this movie' is also a pretty good definition. Also, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance sounds really interesting, so thanks for the recommendation!

I think Kubo and the Two Strings deserves to get a bit more recognition than it does; it has a breathtaking combination of stop-motion and animation, and a lovely dark fairytale-like story.

(0) (0)
We need never by hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken.
- Miles Halter, Looking for Alaska

Posted: May 23rd, '20, 13:14    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 112006
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
Earthgirls are Easy is by far my favorite unpopular movie. It is pure idiotricy. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

[ 37 posts ]