Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: 13 Reasons Why
Posted: Apr 5th, '17, 19:48    

Bad

Hugs: 13470
Mood: Abstract.
Has anyone else been emotionally destroyed by this series yet? I haven't read the book, but I really want to now.

(0) (0)

sell me art.
peace out, a-town down.

Post subject: Re: 13 Reasons Why
Posted: Apr 7th, '17, 18:03    

Altira

Hugs: 81492
I haven't watched it and I'm kind of hesitant to start. As it does look interesting, but I also heard it gets pretty graphic near the end. Is it still worth the watch?

(0) (0)
We need never by hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken.
- Miles Halter, Looking for Alaska

Posted: Apr 9th, '17, 23:00    

Lunch

Hugs: 3645
Mood: Very happy! ^-^ !!
I'm hoping to start it very soon! It looks like it will be a great filler for me until Stranger Things and Santa Clarita Diet comes out with their second seasons. Lol. But then again, this will probably end up being a main show of mine on Netflix that will stick with me forever, hahah. :mcdead: :mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 19:08    

Reht

Hugs: 11591
I started watching it a few days ago - think I'm about half way through now?
I'm in two minds about it... I find it intriguing and am enjoying it to an extent - but I'm also find the characters and it's portrayal of depression/ suicide quite unrealistic?
Like, so far it really is just seeming like she committed suicide to get revenge on people being dicks, which is just, no.
And it seems like she doesn't give a shit about how committing suicide would affect the few people who were actually nice to her/ cared about her.

Honestly, unless it gets to the end and she's just like "lol, j/k, I'm alive really" or admits that committing suicide is just about the most selfish thing you can do as a person and that she feels bad for it but it was her only escape.. I'm just not going to be able to see her as a redeemable character xP

(0) (0)
▃▅▆ The Inbetween ▆▅▃
A walk-in role-play hangout - please come and join C:

Posted: May 7th, '17, 16:22    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 39041
Mood: Obsessed
I've heard mixed things about it.

The main reason I don't want to watch it is because apparently it glorifies suicide which is just awful. And honestly this is just what I've heard/speculation but I don't think any show surrounding such important and tragic issues should show them in a positive light - suicide is not something to strive towards. As someone with mental issues and a sufferer of these thoughts, the idea of someone wanting to die for 'revenge' is honestly shocking and appalling.

But again - this is just what I've heard as I haven't read the book/seen the show so I may be wrong.

(1) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: May 10th, '17, 08:26    

Khalessii

Hugs: 45494
just finished watching the whole thing. and yeah, the suicide glorifying stuff kind of upsets me but it is still a good watch. It was raw, some parts tragic but raises awareness that such scenario's like that couldve happened in real life.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 13th, '17, 07:48    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43758
Mood: Boondocks
I'm only on episode two but I am very annoyed at this show. Hannah comes off very, very selfish and vindictive here. 'I'm going to kill myself and it's YOUR fault, and I'll rest easy knowing that a handful of people are going to be riddled with guilt for the rest of their lives because of a decision I ultimately made myself.' Basically the gist I'm getting.

Look, people are awful, and treat each other terribly. But to blame others for something that is very personal, and very much your decision... it's gross.
As someone who has had suicidal ideations from a relatively young age, I find it all pretty.. idk. Gross, still. If you're upset enough at someone, have ire towards anyone, then you still have enough life in you to keep going. If you can write a note, you still have enough life. If you can sit down and obsessively make thirteen tapes, you have enough life. It's when you don't care that it's scary. When you think of your family and it doesn't make you feel sad or guilty.
Besides, high school sucks. There were other answers. Take courses online. Move. Etc.

I haven't finished the series yet, though. Maybe it'll redeem itself.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 24th, '18, 05:47    

Butter

Hugs: 46458
Mood: Blessed
Website: https://www.pandora.com/station/1001832368449529690
Watched it all the way through.

Had watched a few episodes, before all the uproars about it.

Honestly, I don't see why people got so upset. It is just a show.
Can't imagine someone would want to end their life because of a Fictional TV show. It they did, that is truly heartbreaking.

Many things, especially at the end, did not set well with me, but that is how life is. Sometimes people don't always respond as we would hope they would. In more ways, than one.

(0) (0)
♡ Please Excuse My Crazy Typos, I am on a Cell. Still No Home Internet In My Area! ♡
Dreams & Quests ~ Greetings ~ Weekly FC Raffle ~ SpAm ~ Game ~ Library ~ Buttery Crumpet
ImageImage
[/size]

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 07:33    

Addicay

Hugs: 5537
There will be a second season that shows how a suicide effects others.
But I think Clay was great. He portrayed signs of depression, it was heartbreaking when he was so unbearable sad.
Hannah... I don't understand why she did this tape thingy. But the author found a way to let her tell her story, so... why not? But I think this kind of show isn't for everybody.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 4th, '18, 20:16    

Jill Valentine

Hugs: 137494
Mood: (≧◡≦)
I try to see this series, but I am not very tolerant of the subject. so I've only seen a few chapters.

(0) (0)
Feed/Play with my knuffels and win :food:! <---- :food: Win Free :food:

[ 11 posts ]