yes  60%  [ 52 ]
no  40%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 87
 Post subject: Re: Neverland {Private}
Posted: Jun 11th, '19, 16:13    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101914
Mood: spiritual
i live in a city unfortunately, and we don't have good sidewalks and too often no sidewalks at all :(( city traffic is terrible and i'm forced to take cabs or be driven by the family.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Jun 14th, '19, 01:05    

Tinker Bell

Hugs: 6065
Mood: Content
I live in a small town (not like rural or anything) so there's no real public transportation. My work is a 10 minute drive so probably like a 2 hour walk XD and my boyfriend lives 45 minutes from me. So I need to get my license and a car

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Jun 15th, '19, 14:43    

chuunibyou

gosh! yeah, if there's no public transportation you have no choice. as you keep driving tho you might like driving more.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Jun 16th, '19, 04:55    

Tinker Bell

I'm not as scared of it. So that's a good thing. My aunt never got her license. I don't want to be like her and have my husband or future kids drive me everywhere after they get their license.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Jun 24th, '19, 10:46    

chuunibyou

yup, me too. my mom went for driving lessons but didn't get her license. she's okay depending on the driver or my dad for getting around. but i can't depend on others for something like this. at this point driving is like a life skill.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 9th, '19, 03:41    

Tinker Bell

Hey! Sorry I've disappeared a bit, life's gotten crazy. I got my license!! And I've been borrowing my boyfriend's car to go to work and stuff all by myself. I'm also going for a promotion at work. I want to be the lead teacher in the 3 year old program.

And I was just rereading the RP again and can't wait to keep it going~

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 12th, '19, 08:28    

chuunibyou

ohh that's so cool!! i really want to be able to drive and cook by myself. it's great that you're driving out everyday :) good luck with the promotion! omg 3 year olds so cute :mcsquee:

i started graduate school, and i'm... not liking it a whole lot so far, plus running a household at the same time is harder than i expected. but we'll see how it goes. i'm actually considering dropping out; there's a three month publishing program that i think would be better cause i wouldn't waste time and money on grad school and i'd get professional training and start working and earning... but applications only start mid-september and the session is january of next year.

omg yes! let's do it!! it's my turn to reply where we left off, so i'll get a reply up probably tonight~

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 12th, '19, 15:25    

Tinker Bell

I think as long as you have a plan, that's what counts. Don't waste money if it's not for you. Plus, plans change sometimes. You can always decide to go back to school later, right?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 18th, '19, 07:17    

chuunibyou

yup, you're so right! i won't be floundering when i drop out, i'll have somewhere to go and something to do.

i replied to the rp :mcsquee:

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 24th, '19, 05:53    

Tinker Bell

I vanished again XD

It took HR a week to make a decision about the promotion because another woman went out for it too (she's in the 3yo room as an aide already). Only because I wanted it. She was going to quit. They eventually chose me because of my bachelor's.

So now I'm getting ready for September when I take over. Hopefully with no other issues because the other woman is still an aide in the room...

(0) (0)

[ 308 posts ]