yes  60%  [ 52 ]
no  40%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 87
 Post subject: Re: Neverland {Private}
Posted: Jan 29th, '21, 06:58    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 100551
Mood: spiritual
Yay for lesser evils. I hope things stay lowkey in your area until everyone in your area is vaccinated. Fingers crossed you continue to never get it and your vaccination goes well. :mchappy: If it's NYS, is your governor Cuomo? My family also entertained themselves watching Maria DeCotis's impersonations of Andrew and Governor Cuomo :mclol:

Thank you! It's kind of ironic but I didn't have time to take care of myself much until lockdown, so even though things got difficult for me because of lockdown, I could also do so much to take care of myself because of lockdown. So now I have new habits and knowledge that I will continue to use when things go back to normal- which I'd never have acquired if this pandemic didn't happen. Silver linings I guess. :mcheh:

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Jan 29th, '21, 21:38    

Tinker Bell

Hugs: 6019
Mood: Content
It is Cuomo. And while I don't agree with everything he's done, he's taken action. The restaurants recently won a case to reopen in my area and he has shut things down hard here (despite our rates being the same or lower than other areas in the state).

I haven't had time during covid XD I started to work on my masters to get my certification in teaching. I got engaged and now my aid got fired so I'm working with subs in a time when my kiddos need consistency. But I'm glad that you've picked up some health habits.

I know that it's been awhile, but would you be willing to continue our to?

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Feb 2nd, '21, 19:04    

chuunibyou

Yeah unfortunately most of the way judgement of US politics would work is to look at 'lesser evils'. It's good that your state has been cautious.

Oh whoa that's a lot that's going on in your life! Congratulations on your engagement :qh:

Yes! Let's continue it! :mcsquee: I'll go over it again and post soon.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Feb 2nd, '21, 19:54    

Tinker Bell

It really is and it makes it so hard to vote because no one is actually good. But I have a lot of hope for Biden

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Feb 3rd, '21, 12:23    

chuunibyou

Yeah, and I hate how you have only two options to choose from, too. That's not really a choice. But Biden is definitely an improvement.

Also I posted in the RP. Excited to get it going again. :qsml:

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 3rd, '21, 13:49    

Tinker Bell

I mean, we have more. There's a bunch of 3rd party candidates, but they rarely get enough of the vote to even make headlines.

I'm excited too!!

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '21, 18:39    

chuunibyou

Oh I didn't even know the US had other political parties. Why don't they get popular?

:qsq: Yesssss!

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '21, 18:48    

Tinker Bell

Because the democrats and Republicans were the first parties. The other ones started as political movements and just got overshadowed

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '21, 10:25    

chuunibyou

We have a similar problem here with the Congresshits and the BJPoops. They're like the two evil options and there are other parties but they're unable to get a large enough share of votes. Apparently there was a time when parties would have to form coalitions because nobody had landslide victories or majority votes but right now it's these two shithead parties and they BOTH SUCK. So I wish people would just vote for other parties instead, vote for neither of these two shitheads, cause at least with a coalition government of multiple parties the power is more distributed. They're unlikely to brazenly abuse their power the way the two shithead parties have.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '21, 15:37    

Tinker Bell

Exactly! But there are people here who register to vote as a certain party to vote in the preliminary votes. Some of those people choose who they vote for based on whether or not they're the same party. So some Republicans only vote republican. Some democrats only vote democrat. Solely because that's their party, not based on politics at all.

(0) (0)

[ 308 posts ]