Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 186 posts ] 
how are you liking the roleplay so far, reader-along?
:mcsquee:  20%  [ 12 ]
:mclol:  22%  [ 13 ]
i'm not reading along :food:  58%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: Re: Vertigo {Tinker Bell & Ambarsariya}
Posted: Apr 16th, '17, 14:25    

Tinker Bell

Hugs: 6052
Mood: Content
Their manager came in and Tae looked up as she started to say the things that were going to be expected of doing. He thought most of it was fine, promoting, dance challenges. He was good at the dance stuff. It was when they wanted them to sing parts of their songs or something that he hated. Being the weakest singer, he didn't like singing without the time to prepare or the track to cover up mistakes.

She told them they would have to do challenges and Tae sunk in his seat a bit. He thought doing those challenges now would not be good. Knowing his luck, he would be paired up with Lain and the fans would go crazy again. Of course, this meant that Haneul would run with it. Taking Ju-Kan with him.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Apr 16th, '17, 18:40    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101441
Mood: spiritual
"So, get ready, we need to get going" said the Manager, clapping her hands briefly. Lain swallowed the last piece of toast and went to his room, grabbing his backpack. He came back to the kitchen to stash an apple in there. He left his makeup, from what he'd seen of Idol House they'd be made to wear matching clothes and makeup would be done on them before the show began filming, so that would all be taken care of.

He walked out towards the van, getting in first and nodding to the driver. The Manager would probably come last after shepherding everyone out.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 16th, '17, 19:28    

Tinker Bell

Their managed started to usher them out. Tae had put his cup and plate in the sink just before she was pushing him towards the door. He didn't have time to really grab anything else. Then again, she was pushing Haneul out too. He got in after Lain, greeting the driver.

He sat with Lain in the back as Ju-Kan and Haneul got in the front. It seemed like Haneul was waking up a bit more. At least that meant the show would be good, funny. Fans liked that.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Apr 17th, '17, 06:33    

chuunibyou

After everyone was in the van, they set off. Haneul seemed marginally more awake. Thankfully. Lain remembered their debut days, when Haneul was constantly half-asleep. They were nobodies back then, and so they'd had to work extra hard to become somebodies. They got a lot less sleep, plus packed schedules, back then. They didn't have a van and the Manager would drive them everywhere with them jammed together in the back seat. In the first few days after debut Haneul would fall asleep on Lain's shoulder and Lain would keep trying to keep him awake while glaring at Ju-Kan like I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be your job? But soon Haneul wasn't the only one catching snatches of sleep the time that they were being driven around.
Things were a lot easier on them now.

They arrived at the venue, and hurried inside. The PD-nim was the first to meet them, and handed them their scripts. Lain glanced through his, most of it was what their Manager had already briefed them about. Then the stylist brought out black turtlenecks and skinny jeans for all of them, and as Lain went to change he sighed. Makeup time.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Apr 17th, '17, 06:44    

Tinker Bell

Tae definitely liked their comebacks now more than when they first debuted. It had been harder then too because he'd still been in high school and sometimes they had comebacks scheduled during exams. Tae hadn't got much sleep in those days. He remembered actually passing out during a rehearsal because he'd pulled two all-nighters and didn't eat much. Needless to say, his hyungs didn't let him do that again.

They got to the studio and Tae got out. They were handed their outfits and Tae changed quickly. Then someone did his hair and makeup, thankfully it was meant to look like they weren't wearing any so there wasn't much of it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 18:37    

chuunibyou

They were supposed to have minimal makeup put for a 'natural' look, but he was made to wear plenty of eyeliner nonetheless.

Because he looked glum, Haneul skid to him on his swiveling chair. "It's okay," he said, "It's guyliner."

Lain had to smile at that, even though it was old. Then he saw his nails were being painted black, for some sort of goth rocker look, and his smile faded.
"It's malepolish."

Lain grinned, giving Haneul a noogie. "Thanks."

Haneul ducked away. "Hey, they just did my hair!"

When they took their places on the set, they introduced themselves, and were asked about the concept of the album. "We debuted with a sweet image, now with this album we're having a change of image," said Ju-Kan. "Into something more... fierce and cool."
"More manly?" said the MC.
"More manly," agreed Ju-Kan.

"Lain showed that image quite... suddenly and thoroughly in last night's concert in Daejeon."

Lain cast his eyes down, his neck burning. How was he supposed to respond to that? That's when he realized they were playing a clip. He stared, horrified, as his part of the tension escalator was replayed. The MC was going "OH!", enjoying it, Haneul and Ju-Kan echoing him. With effort, Lain controlled himself from covering his face with his hands.

"We'll hope for PeterPan to become even more popular since they are so good at fanservice," said the MC. Turning to Lain, he continued, "Ah, but we're not so ready to let go of your previous image. You'll dance to girl group songs!"

Haneul cheered. Lain's nervous system was electronically communicating threats to himself, Haneul, and the MC.

"But first, we'll have a random dance! We'll play bits of your songs and you'll have to dance correctly to those parts!"

Well, his doom was delayed, at least.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 19:06    

Tinker Bell

Tae did smile at Haneul's jokes about guyliner and male polish. His hyung definitely was the sort who could cheer people up if he needed to. Tae wasn't wearing a lot of makeup, probably the most natural looking of the group. He didn't have to wear nail polish either. He was ready fairly quickly.

They got on stage and introduced themselves. and Ju-Kan explained that their new concept was more manly. Before he knew it, the MC was playing the clip of Lain's part of the escalator. Tae couldn't bring himself to watch it, he hadn't been able to handle it yesterday. He felt bad when Lain was told he would have to do girl group dances. He knew that Lain hated them.

When they were told it was time for the random dance play, Tae stood up after his hyungs. The first song started to play and it took a second for him to remember where he was supposed to be before he started dancing.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 19:37    

chuunibyou

The first song caught Lain off-guard, but he was able to rise to the occasion quickly enough. All of them did pretty well. Tae especially, star dancer that he was.

They played more bits from their singles, especially 'Vertigo' as it was their lead single, and a few from their non-title tracks. It was over too soon.

They sat back down, but the MC pushed Lain forward with a hearty slap on the back, and music began to play. Lain recognized it right from the tick-tocking noise in the first few moments of the song. It was Sunmi's '24 Hours'. Blood rushed to his face. It was a very... sexy song. Girly sexy, which was even worse. He couldn't do it, he couldn't but he had to but he couldn't...

Why did he have to suffer alone like this? He might be the prettiest, but he wasn't the only pretty one...

More blood rushed to his face, and the blood that was reddening his face before rushed to his brain, so that he didn't know what he was thinking anymore as he rushed to Tae, grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him forward as well.

Sunmi's vocals began. There was nothing for it but to dance, now.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 19:53    

Tinker Bell

The random dance was over. Tae hadn't really messed up. Only falling once when Haneul ran into him. Although he was okay. It was over and Tae sat back down. He felt bad for Lain that he was forced to do the girl group ones now. The song started and Tae recognized it immediately. He felt his cheeks get warm at the thought of Lain dancing to this song. Couldn't they have just done a cute one or something? He thought that would be less embarrassing.

He could barely process what was happening when Lain grabbed his wrist and pulled him from his chair. His face grew red enough to be seen through the makeup. He tried to ask what he was doing, but then it clicked. Now that he was standing up with Lain and the song playing, it would be rude to sit back down. He had to dance with him. Otherwise the fans would get upset. At the very least, their manager would for him being extremely rude on tv.

The words started to play and Tae had no choice but to suck it up and dance. For the first part, his eyes were closed - as if that would make this okay. He had danced to this before. In the studio. Alone. Just to have some fun. But this was different, fans were watching. Although he did dance and he did his best too. Although he could hear Haneul holding back laughter as he 'ooh'ed every now and then.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 12:45    

chuunibyou

Tae had his eyes closed at first, so conveniently, Lain positioned himself right behind him so that he was blocked while dancing. Of course, the cameras were pointed all over the place, so he couldn't escape, but at least he felt shielded even if he wasn't really.

However, it was worse in a way- because he was right behind Tae, he was forced to watch everything Tae did. He couldn't close his eyes like Tae had done because he couldn't dance like that, his body wouldn't coordinate without being seen- it would be like trying to walk with his eyes closed. He turned red now less with embarrassment for himself than for Tae, with extra measures of guilt mixed in. Especially as Tae danced really well, so at moments he caught himself... admiring it when Tae did one of the sexy moves... sexily.

And Haneul wasn't helping at all. Sure, he was trying to keep in his laughter- but Lain wasn't feeling very charitable at the moment. Every time he had to do the 'ooh ooh' he grit his teeth and tensed up all over so that he was sure he looked ridiculous doing it, though of course he'd look ridiculous doing it anyway. Next time he had to do a sexy girl group dance, Lain thought savagely, he'd go dance near Haneul on purpose and direct it all at him. Even if it was hard to embarrass Haneul, by god, he'd make him uncomfortable.

Finally, the song ended. Lain literally scurried to his seat and couldn't stop himself from pressing his palms to his face and moaning. Normally when he was forced to wear or do something girly, and plainly showed his chagrin, Haneul would comfort him a little. Last time he had to do a girl group dance on air, Haneul had patted his shoulder briefly, and it had made him feel better.

Haneul did nothing of the sort this time though. And Lain realized it was because he hadn't just done a girl group dance. He'd done a sexy girl group dance together with Tae.
Now that he thought about it... going and dragging Tae to dance with him when he'd been the only one told to... and the kind of dance it was... might be mistaken for some contrived sort of fanservice. At any rate, their shippers would be squealing right now.

Therefore Haneul's attitude to something like this would be...

Lain moaned again, but this time it was a moan of horror rather than shame. Haneul would squeeze this out for all it was worth. He'd be even worse.
Lain really wanted to apologize to Tae right now, Tae might hate him now and if Haneul began on them again it would be his, Lain's, fault. But he didn't know how he'd go about it- what would he say?- and in any case he couldn't because they were on air right now.

(0) (0)

[ 186 posts ]