Caught in your way  19%  [ 8 ]
I can live forever here  50%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject: If You Could Erase
Posted: Apr 18th, '17, 21:08    

Moi

Hugs: 339639
Mood: Know you're not alone.

If you had the option to forget one person in your life, who would you pick?
If you had the option to forget a moment in your life, what would you pick?

I sometimes think it'd be great to forget a lot of memories, but what would I also lose?
If I forget I burnt myself, and erased that, I might burn myself again.
Something along those lines.

I'm the forgiving type, but I don't forget.
I was told it's not truly forgiving if you don't forget what the person did.
I don't understand that. I'm not going to forget the pain they caused me.
I tend to keep mental notes so I remember to avoid certain things.

It seems like I remember all the bed things and not as many good things =~=

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: If You Could Erase
Posted: Apr 18th, '17, 21:48    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 8113
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
And very likely change who I am? No thanks

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Apr 19th, '17, 00:57    

Akili Li

Hugs: 238899
Mood: contemplative
Eh, I've forgotten lots of people -all those random encounters in cities? Idle conversations with clerks at stores or someone waiting in line next to you at the airport, that kind of thing?
I do not really remember these people, generally.

And as for moments -of course I do not recall every single moment of my life from birth until now, so constantly I am forgetting moments.

And I am pretty sure most of it is a choice on my part, at some level. If something is really important to me, I won't forget it -so the things I do forget, that is in some fashion my choice too.

So I have already forgotten who and what I would choose to forget -but don't remember them enough to tell you about it.

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Apr 19th, '17, 06:15    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 112034
Mood: spiritual
I can't pick just one person or one moment. All those moments I regret, especially moments of humiliation. And I'd erase my last two years of high school because of the physical and mental illnesses I landed up with thanks to them. I don't care about what I learnt from the bad experience because it's not worth the continued suffering.

And I'd forget all my loves, and all the moments I loved them and it hurt. All of them were unrequited, and no matter how people might romanticize this particular type of suffering- I really regret feeling what I feel. (This wouldn't safeguard me from feeling again- but maybe every time I felt, I could forget what I felt.)

I do that too. I keep a count on things I observe people say and do. If they do something particularly mean or particularly nice, I remember it. And, yes, even if they're nice a lot of the time, if they're ever particularly mean it seems to weigh more with me. But I think that's because I have this idea that people learn to act nice anyway with socialization, so when they're mean it's like their true colours.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: May 14th, '17, 16:13    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81331
I kind of wouldn't mind forgetting my exes! But that also might make me doomed to repeat past mistakes if I were ever single again! So I don't know that I would actually do it.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 14th, '17, 18:39    

mementomori

Hugs: 46331
Mood: sippin' mah moe~♥
I don't remember my past well, but what I do remember without fail are all the stupid things that I said that I regret saying because I sounded like an idiot or insensitive.

I'd forget all these little small embarrassments collectively, I think.

As for a person...? I don't know. I think the negative people I've known have had too much of an impact/role in my life for me to forget them without causing major structural damage to the rest of my memories and personality.

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
Buying art! 10 FCs and 200k fps available!
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: May 14th, '17, 19:17    

Lycanthus

Hugs: 15348
Mood: tired/busy
> I was told it's not truly forgiving if you don't forget what the person did.

i don't get this either honestly. if someone does you wrong, why should you just forget about it? odd.

i don't think i'd erase anything though. i think every memory/person in my life is important to creating the person i am today, and i like myself enough to say i don't want myself to change. i often think about this in regards to my life choices too- like, what if i had done this instead of that? but then, same logic. my mistakes made me me.

(0) (0)

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
toyhouse | free doodles | art dump | deviantart
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted: May 15th, '17, 07:47    

light_sucks

Hugs: 165139
Mood: vaguely alive
Oh man. I don't know. That's an intense question. The things that I'd like to forget are actually pretty integral parts of my identity now. I'd be afraid of what kind of person I'd be without those memories.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: May 15th, '17, 10:28    

Khalessii

Hugs: 46789
I've been bullied at some point in my elementary years and had a fair share of those humiliating and awkward moments in school like that time I doze
Spoiler
(got up all night just so I could pass my project on one of my major subjs)
off in my English Communication class and the teacher caught me and ask me to stand up and jump 3 times in front of the whole class and since I'm just so plain naive at the time I did what I was told and everyone burst into laughter that made me blushed like a crimson rose. looking back on that, sometimes I wish I have done something or should have just walked out.

and it was followed by a series of betrayal of that girl who used to be my closest friend in College until the pressure has become all too overwhelming that I transferred and decided to have a fresh start.

I became blunter(except now, cause I try to avoid confrontations IRL), friendly, witty and active in various school activities like cheering and etc. and now, I'm no longer that shy, naive, clumsy girl I was before. I started to see more of the harsh reality over hearts and flowers peachy side of life. I've changed and I think those situations are crucial or integral in the process of growth in all aspects of my life.
Spoiler
and yeah, I still get emotionally or depressed sometimes.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 15th, '17, 11:18    

Haze

Hugs: 205267
Kitalpha Hart wrote:And very likely change who I am? No thanks
This, I believe everything that happened to me shaped who I am.

(0) (0)
Looking for the following knuffel:
Halloween 2014

Butterfly lair leadband

[ 10 posts ]