Image  28%  [ 12 ]
Image  19%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 43
 Post subject: Going Viral
Posted: Apr 19th, '17, 21:46    

Moi

Hugs: 326752
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I see a lot of things going viral and a lot of them are random as hell.
And it is bothersome when something silly goes viral and not something important.
I've also heard people say "You're just jealous!"
No, a lot of the time the things are just plain silly and baffling.

I'm a person that never enjoyed tons of attention or being the center of attention.
I remember our choir teacher harping on me smiling and everyone was looking and agreeing with her.
I was so upset. My face was red and I almost started sobbing in front of everyone.
I HATED that. And I still HATE things like that >_>

I made a joke on a Youtube video not long ago.
It was a simple joke that I made to make people laugh.
Well, I ended up getting comments about me being stupid.
That's fine because I made people laugh and I'm not stupid.
I just find it weird that it got so much attention.
It wasn't anything intelligent or insulting.

I also left a comment on a post on Facebook.
It was about parents loving their kids.
I got over 1,000 likes and about 300-500 comments.
Again, I say similar stuff all the time.
Why was this ONE post worth 1,000+ likes??

I am always happy to make people laugh or feel good.
I don't regret anything I post that does cheer people up or make someone aware of something.
I just find it so weird that it can be so random.

Have you ever posted something and got more attention than usual?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: Going Viral
Posted: Apr 19th, '17, 23:17    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 5544
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
I'm generally a quiet one
I did share on one page something I'd seen on a different, unrelated one because it was appropriate there too, and ~150 shares, shitton of likes, etc
All before the page itself shared it to be properly on its feed

There's also the bastard pun I made on Blindsprings which got a huge argument that I was laughing through (I wasn't one of the two arguing), and is slowly closing in on 200 upvotes. That, when the page was the newest, flew up on upvotes, comments, etc. Hell, the entire comment chain connected to it is longer than one disqus "page"
In other words, you need to hit the show more comments bar to see the rest, and the next, significantly less popular, comment chain
Even now, I get notifications for an upvotes here and there on said comment

On a much smaller level, but much more recent timing, one of the wig pages I follow on FB had a tutorial where the person took the mannequin's head off for the next part and I made a joke about beheading it

Course, toracon weekend is this weekend, so we'll see how that goes. My cosplay might go viral, it might not

Tho it does seem like the world glorifies stupid and ignores everything else these days

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 23:56    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 40758
Mood: I'm trying.
I'm extremely private (as much as is possible, anyway) on social media, and I only have 50 friends/followers max on each platform. So, no, I've never gotten any extra attention for anything.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 08:40    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 103376
Mood: spiritual
Reminds me of, there was some dude who said, 'Everything that is popular is wrong' :mcheh:

To which I'd say what my Knuffel says, 'All generalizations are false, including this one' :mcsmirk: anyway.

It doesn't bother me when random stuff goes viral, because that's not a harmful occurrence- unless the stuff that's going viral is itself harmful or messed up or wrong. Of course, I can understand that when you find something you feel really should get more attention, and you see random stuff going viral instead, you'd feel like 'wut even, humanity' :qt:

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 15:06    

Khalessii

Hugs: 45521
yes, things have become so confusing and random lately online. I can't keep up with most of the trend nowadays and not interested in some of them anyway. I'm the quiet one when it comes to political issues as bashing have been always linked between opposing supporters here on PH and I have no energy to get into online debate with someone opposed to my political beliefs and be called stupid or something. but I do participate on commenting on some things on the internet that I can relate to or something that i just find amusing. I have never posted something on social media that have been viral or received a lot of comments for that matter. the closest thing I got is less than 400 likes on gacebook and that's it. :qcute:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 15th, '17, 04:19    

light_sucks

Hugs: 158838
Mood: vaguely alive
One time I posted about my dad having cancer and I got a ton of replies and upvotes on it. That was pretty surprising.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

[ 6 posts ]