Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: Luna's Official Funky Hangout!! ~ WELCOME
Posted: Aug 22nd, '17, 00:20    

Tora_Fujimoto

Hugs: 30765
I dont remember being there for that one.
xD Ive only been on here since like 2012 I think, Or around that time.

(0) (0)
Questing Materials

Goldfish x 17
Lily ✔️
Water Orb ✔️
Wererat Tail ✔️
Yellow Balloon x 70
Food Points ✔️

Posted: Aug 23rd, '17, 11:23    

Vivacity

Hugs: 8790
Mood: job hunting is stressful
Twitter: asteribus
Heyo I haven't been on Kofk in ages (I think the last time I was here was the summer after I graduated high school in 2013, but now I just gradated uni 2 months ago!), but I seem to have come just in time for the event! How has everyone been? :)

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 23rd, '17, 17:39    

Tora_Fujimoto

Hi! Its nice to have you back! c: How was uni?

Ive been okay, got a new job, trying to get things together. Lol xD How have you been? Also, have fun with the event!

(0) (0)
Questing Materials

Goldfish x 17
Lily ✔️
Water Orb ✔️
Wererat Tail ✔️
Yellow Balloon x 70
Food Points ✔️

Posted: Aug 24th, '17, 03:48    

Vivacity

Uni was great! Learned a lot, made lasting friendships, got to take classes with some awesome professors, and I loved my major (classical civilization) even if it's not really that relevant to my chosen career path. :mcheh: For a while I was thinking about becoming an elementary school teacher, but now I think I've settled on becoming a web designer, so gotta figure out how to do that!

Congrats on the new job! :D What do you do? I'm job hunting now hehe but it's a bit harder than I expected because I'm trying to see if I can find a job across the country (I live in the U.S. West Coast so I'm trying to move to the East Coast) and move there. :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
"Night is longer than day for those who dream and day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true." --Jack Kerouac

ImageImage

Posted: Aug 24th, '17, 22:48    

Tora_Fujimoto

Im working as a Home Care Aide or a Caregiver. I have my CNA(Certified Nursing Assistant). I want to be a nurse so Im trying to get there. Lots of school.

I hope you can find a job out there! I live on the west coast too xD You can do it!

That major you did sounds really fun though. Its great you know what you want to do! A web designer sounds hard to be honest. v.v I was thinking of being a elementary school teacher too but Im not exactly sure how I would be. xD lol

(0) (0)
Questing Materials

Goldfish x 17
Lily ✔️
Water Orb ✔️
Wererat Tail ✔️
Yellow Balloon x 70
Food Points ✔️

Posted: Aug 25th, '17, 00:33    

Vivacity

You must have a very caring heart then. :) What do you do on a day-to-day basis then? I don't know that much about nursing school, so I'll admit I don't actually know how long you have to study for hehe. I only know about med school because all my friends during uni were premed. XD

I feel like I'm a bit impulsive for wanting to move across the country so suddenly, but I just wanted to try something new hehe. I think I'll probably settle back in the West Coast eventually though (West Coast best coast hehe), but for now I figure I'd explore while I'm still young! :D

What scared me about web design was the coding part of it since I had taken a Python class in uni (my minor was cognitive science) and um...well I really have no idea how I got a B out of it because I legit thought I failed and was ready to retake it...so I'm just assuming my prof really curved our finals haha. So right now it's just me trying to learn how to get over that initial fear but I do like the design part of it a lot! ^^ I do love working with children but I realized I couldn't handle the commitment of being a teacher I guess. XD

(0) (0)
"Night is longer than day for those who dream and day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true." --Jack Kerouac

ImageImage

Posted: Aug 26th, '17, 01:38    

Tora_Fujimoto

Well its different with each client but basically you help them with what they need but only the things on their care plan. So you can help them with cooking, personal hygiene, shopping, etc. But also you have to let them be as independent as possible. We're just another set of hands helping them with what they need.

I havent looked at the exact years of schooling but I know its going to be quite a bit and the money and time that goes a long with it. Its going to be a lot.

Well its good to travel when youre young. Just be careful.
With everything thats happening around the US Ive noticed a lot of stuff happening in like South Carolina and such so Im just hoping you be careful. Its crazy now. I dont like it. But its good to explore and see if you like it over there.

Yeah I had a fee classes like that. I think 2 years ago? When I was in algebra 2, I had no idea what I was doing but I passed. Sooo thats good. Then I went into pre-calculus and I didnt get a thing. Nothing. I was barely passing that class. But I think itd be really cool to learn how to code and design a website. (I love this one! Its so cute! My gf is always like "since youre on this all the yime why dont you make something like it?" But I wouldnt even know where to begin.)

And I agree I dont think I could handle the stress and everything to be a teacher. All those people and children.
I like my alone time. xD

(0) (0)
Questing Materials

Goldfish x 17
Lily ✔️
Water Orb ✔️
Wererat Tail ✔️
Yellow Balloon x 70
Food Points ✔️

[ 128 posts ]