and luck  24%  [ 9 ]
and just because.  24%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: translations
Posted: May 17th, '17, 05:08    

Akili Li

Hugs: 224839
Mood: contemplative
Okay I'm finally officially giving up on learning Russian, which means all those books I've put off reading because -translation!- I am just going to start into soon.

(Well, some I've read anyhow. Like "Master and Marguerita" and a bunch of Dostoevsky's stuff)

POINT is, I would dearly like some translator recommendations, if anyone knows of good ones.

And so long as I'm soliciting advice for translators when it comes to Russian works, may as well open it up to any language.

Right now I can only really read in English, Spanish, German, and Hebrew. So translators into any of those languages.

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Post subject: Re: translations
Posted: May 29th, '17, 05:57    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43755
Mood: Boondocks
I didn't know you knew so many languages. I am envious :o

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: translations
Posted: Sep 27th, '18, 08:36    

Akili Li

Hugs: 224839
Mood: contemplative
I don't know all of them to speak (or write!), only to read. And some of them take me longer than others....
English is definitely my best.

There are a couple others I can work my way through with a great deal of difficulty, but they don't count because I'm not good enough to really read books in them yet.

But if you want to learn more languages, have you tried any of the free online language courses? There are a lot more options now than there were when I was first starting out!

I've not tried it myself, but for instance I have a cousin who swears by something called "Duolingo". (Not literally swears. Apparently it's not actually the best program for learning swear words. But useful for quickly picking up the basics if you're going to travel somewhere.)

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

[ 3 posts ]