Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 63 posts ] 
new donations system up!
Im excited  35%  [ 24 ]
Im gonna donate  10%  [ 7 ]
I just want food  54%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 68
 Post subject: Re: More incentive to donate?
Posted: Sep 7th, '17, 12:37    

Sunlight

Hugs: 117402
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
Fire wrote:
You could let users choose from a short list (maybe four or five options) of long-time popular colors (such as Ecru, Aqua, Blue Iris, Mocha, Lilac, Midnight Blue, Gray White)...
NO! If Blue Iris gets chosen... You'll bleed me dry. :qh:
Fire wrote:
I really like this idea, as well!
But I do have one concern - how would that affect Firn's ability to release re-colored minisets in the future?

For example, take this month's GOTQ - Toghu Hair (Gold). Say Firn decided on the colors Denim, Soft Ruby, and Gray White for the three tiers additional - all relatively popular colors right now, all very high in demand, and all have current TT sets that use these colors (which would inspire more donations to get TT sets that match). That would mean that either Firn could never make a Toghu Miniset in Denim, Soft Ruby, or Gray White, OR she could not use the Toghu Hair in the minisets.
Not so sure if this really is a problem. Recently, Astrid Ribbon in the Jade Green set became Lime Green rather than Mocha because we had a Mocha Astrid Ribbon in the previous set. If Firn makes a miniset with a previous Queen's Gift in a colour that was already chosen, she could just use the secondary or tertiary colour in the set for the corresponding item in those cases. For example, if the Gift of the Queen was Toghu Hair (Denim), then if Firn wants to make a Toghu miniset (Denim) with the colours Denim, Soft Ruby and White, then the Toghu Hair in the miniset could be Soft Ruby or White. And then the winners of the Queen's Gift has two different hairs that go with the set, which I think is also a bonus.

(5) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: Sep 11th, '17, 04:50    

Fire

Hugs: 95003
Mood: Radi radi! Happy Holi!
Sunlight wrote:
Fire wrote:
I really like this idea, as well!
But I do have one concern - how would that affect Firn's ability to release re-colored minisets in the future?

For example, take this month's GOTQ - Toghu Hair (Gold). Say Firn decided on the colors Denim, Soft Ruby, and Gray White for the three tiers additional - all relatively popular colors right now, all very high in demand, and all have current TT sets that use these colors (which would inspire more donations to get TT sets that match). That would mean that either Firn could never make a Toghu Miniset in Denim, Soft Ruby, or Gray White, OR she could not use the Toghu Hair in the minisets.
Not so sure if this really is a problem. Recently, Astrid Ribbon in the Jade Green set became Lime Green rather than Mocha because we had a Mocha Astrid Ribbon in the previous set. If Firn makes a miniset with a previous Queen's Gift in a colour that was already chosen, she could just use the secondary or tertiary colour in the set for the corresponding item in those cases. For example, if the Gift of the Queen was Toghu Hair (Denim), then if Firn wants to make a Toghu miniset (Denim) with the colours Denim, Soft Ruby and White, then the Toghu Hair in the miniset could be Soft Ruby or White. And then the winners of the Queen's Gift has two different hairs that go with the set, which I think is also a bonus.
I hadn't really thought about it that way!
Perhaps you are right, Sunlight - perhaps having the colors change each month would not greatly reduce Firn's ability to make recolored sets in the future.
Yes, it would limit the colors you could use as the primary color for the re-colored sets, but you could always incorporate the colors used as a GOTQ as a secondary or tertiary color in a future re-color. In fact, having a recolored TT set match that month's GOTQ could be a nice incentive to donate! ^^
I hadn't really thought of it that way!

(2) (0)
╰☆╮
Market |||Selling Forum |||Help me plan my trip to Japan!
x 21x Groundselx
╰☆╮

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 12:27    

Sonnentau

Hugs: 179548
Mood: Wissen hat kein Verfallsdatum
Wouldn´t it be an idea to make, for a short amount of time, an discount on the Older Knuffel generations???????

I think they are still the most reason why people want/buy FC´s.
So that people instead of one, they can maybe get two for the same amount of FC´s and perhaps they will also donate a little bit more to get a third and so on...........................

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 12:38    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214871
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Sing along Songs wrote: I think they are still the most reason why people want/buy FC´s.
Actually the feature to buy old Knuffel with FC is rarely used. :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 12:42    

Sonnentau

Hugs: 179548
Mood: Wissen hat kein Verfallsdatum
Really o.O

well than forget my idea.
That don´t brings much when it is so rarely used

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 13:03    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214871
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Yeah. :mcheh: I think the thing with old Knuffel is that most of our regular "big" donators are users who have been here for a couple of years already and therefore were already around when most of the older Knuffel were originaly released. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of newer active users in general and those would be the ones most interested in older Knuffel.

Surprisingly the thing FC are most used on is the Lava Lamp for Knuffel rooms. :mcshock:

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 14:26    

Haze

Hugs: 199199
I'd propose a different kind of pricing for older knuffel.
Gen 1 knuffel cost more than 15 :fc: each but if it was about 5 :fc: I'm sure there would be more buyers. Maybe price them by year of release, then again this might be a bad idea but felt like sharing it nevertheless.

Edit; If so maybe a new, bigger lava lamp (or another item) that'd give more experience and would cost 2-3 fc?

(2) (0)
Looking for the following knuffel:
Halloween 2014

Butterfly lair leadband

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 18:51    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110831
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
I would advise against a stronger lava lamp. (Btw, you can already stack them for a bigger effect...)
I'm personally wondering if the lava lamps are not the reason for prices in food rising. They are a very easy way to make food, since you can adopt a knuffel, put the lamp in its room, not touch it for a while and voila, it levelled a bunch and gives you lots of food. All for basically the one-time investment of the lava lamp (the food the knuffel costs you basically make back as soon as it reaches lvl 20), no work (aka clicking) and you can do it again and again.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 20:03    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131992
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Didn't the prices already start rising before rooms were even available, though? Also if you have to buy an :fc: with :food: these days you'll need to level up quite a few knuffels to make it pay for itself.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 13th, '17, 20:50    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110831
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
I don't know when prices started rising. That's why I'm just wondering, not claiming that lava lamps must be the reason. Would be interesting if there was data to look at and figure it out!

I'm thinking of it more in the way that for people who donate, their fairy coin can bring them lots of food if they invest it in a lava lamp, so they're less likely to sell it for a lower amount of food -> they have more food + there's less fairy coins being sold -> overall prices rise

But as I said, I don't know if that is what's happening, I'm just wondering if that might not be a factor.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

[ 63 posts ]