Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 63 posts ] 
new donations system up!
Im excited  35%  [ 24 ]
Im gonna donate  10%  [ 7 ]
I just want food  54%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 68
 Post subject: Re: More incentive to donate?
Posted: Aug 31st, '17, 20:26    

Fire

Hugs: 94978
Mood: Radi radi! Happy Holi!
Chrizine wrote:I like the idea of not sticking to fixed colours all the time. People do have different tastes, and I think the point mem mentioned about the chosen colours getting more items than other colours on the site is valid, too.
I for example like gold and silver, but rose gold items wouldn't really incentivize me to donate (because I just don't like pinks so much). But there's tons of colours I love and if it was like "Wow, this month the 10 FC gift is one of my favourite colours! Exciting!" that would motivate me a lot more, I think.
It would also give Firn the opportunity to react to trends regarding which colours are popular, which might be a good idea.

I really like this idea, as well!
But I do have one concern - how would that affect Firn's ability to release re-colored minisets in the future?

For example, take this month's GOTQ - Toghu Hair (Gold). Say Firn decided on the colors Denim, Soft Ruby, and Gray White for the three tiers additional - all relatively popular colors right now, all very high in demand, and all have current TT sets that use these colors (which would inspire more donations to get TT sets that match). That would mean that either Firn could never make a Toghu Miniset in Denim, Soft Ruby, or Gray White, OR she could not use the Toghu Hair in the minisets.
Now, I known that Firn picks the minisets by selecting the items that were most popular when the set was first released - I assume she does the same for the GOTQ. So, by having the colors change all of the time, not only would Firn have to keep track of every color used for each item, but it would limit the miniset recolors she could release in the future.
The recolored minisets have been a HUGE hit - users love them, and it means that Firn doesn't have to create two brand new sets each month. I would hate for the new tiers for the GOTQ to interfere with such a great system.

What do you think, Firn? Would this interfere? Or am I worried for nothing?

. ////////////////////.
I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy, I promise! I am trying to think of this from your perspective, so that I can identify any possible pitfalls.

(1) (0)
╰☆╮
Market |||Selling Forum |||Help me plan my trip to Japan!
x 21x Groundselx
╰☆╮

Posted: Aug 31st, '17, 20:30    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214828
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Oh, that's a good point I haven't thought about! :mcshock:

Well, maybe the items would need to be completely new items alltogether after all. :mcsweat: But maybe I could offer the same items in dfferent colors in different months, so I would need to come up with so many completely new items each month?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 31st, '17, 21:21    

Fire

Hugs: 94978
Mood: Radi radi! Happy Holi!
Firn wrote:But maybe I could offer the same items in dfferent colors in different months, so I would need to come up with so many completely new items each month?

You could choose one item ever 4 months to set as the GOTQ. Each month during that period, you could offer it in four different colors. Then you could switch to a different item.

As an example:
January - The Queen Hair (Gold, Scarlet, Aqua, Lilac)
February - The Queen Hair (Mocha, Plum, Denim, Soft Ruby)
March - The Queen Hair (Bright Berry, Blush, Lime Green, Ecru)
April - The Queen Hair (Periwinkle, Black, Silver, Powder Blue)
~
May - Lucretia Eyes (Tea Rose, Blue Iris, Jade Green, Topaz)
June - Lucretia Eyes (Gold, Emerald Green, Crimson, Azure Blue)
July - Lucretia Eyes (Midnight Blue, Royal Purple, Magenta, Cold Gray)
August - Lucretia Eyes (Gray White, Lavender, Rose Gold, Coffee)
~
September - Nympharia Sash (Maroon, Bubblegum, Cream, Gray)
October - Nympharia Sash (Dark Pink, Blush, Cool Gray, Orange)
November - Nympharia Sash (Gold, Blue White, Soft Blue, Violet)
December - Nympharia Sash (Ice Blue, Midnight Purple, Claret, Apricot)

This way, each "round" has at least one month where Gold is offered (I believe many people would be sad if it wasn't offered for each item, since the GOTQ has always been Gold in the past), but also features many different popular colors to suite a variety of tastes and color preferences.
I tried to have it so that the only color that repeated was Gold, though you do not necessarily have to do that! I wanted to make sure that every user's favorite colors were represented, but if you feel that sticking to the most popular colors would be best, then you know best!

This would, however, still severely limit your ability to create re-colored sets. You would basically never be able to use any item used as a GOTQ in a recolored set, since most of the popular colors would already have been used.

This idea would make much more sense if you were only adding one additional tier...

I'm not sure what the best solution is. I don't want to add any more of a burden on your shoulders every month, since you are already creating numerous new items each month. But I also do not want to limit the number of recolored minisets you can create in the future, since it has been such a hit lately with both you and users. >.<

Any ideas anyone?

(0) (0)
╰☆╮
Market |||Selling Forum |||Help me plan my trip to Japan!
x 21x Groundselx
╰☆╮

Posted: Aug 31st, '17, 22:03    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110804
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Well, Firn already mentioned them being completely new items instead of past items recoloured - so combined with the idea of offering the same item in different colours in different months that might work out?
Although I would maybe not make it consecutive months - switch the items up a bit but have them return in another colour in a later month. Just so that somebody who doesn't like an item (or just wouldn't use that particular kind of item a lot, say somebody never uses wings or tails for example) doesn't have to wait multiple months until seeing something of interest to them again.

I'm a bit worried that having the colours go all wild might detract from the distinctiveness of the gift items, but then again, if they were really unique items instead of old set items, that might not actually be a problem. So new items would kinda solve this worry and the miniset issue (which I think was very good to point out, Fire!) at the same time.
Not sure how feasible creating new items is though?

Also, one more concern with the switching colours - the perceived values of the items in the different tiers might not actually match the tiers if the lower tier colour happens to be more popular for this item. Do you think this would be a problem? Should maybe the 20 FC tier stick to gold and just the lower tier(s) change colours? But then it wouldn't work with the returning items in different colours in later months again... Sorry, maybe I'm overthinking this.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Aug 31st, '17, 22:24    

Pernelle

Hugs: 55973
I'm not sure if having the same gotq several months in a row would have the intended effekt of getting people to donate more ... they may be different colors, but I still think the novelty would wear off and by the fourth month people would be like "eh, I already have this in a few variations I like, I don't neccesarily need to spend real money on another :mcgloom: "

Not to mention if an item is not someone's taste, they'll have little extra incentive to donate for several months in a row, instead of just one month.

Chrizine's point about the value of the tiers becoming mixed up because people's taste in colors is different is also a good one.

And personally, I wouldn't want to loose the monthly golden gotq as it is now in the first place :<

The way I understood Firn's last post was keeping the "normal" golden gotq as is, but creating new items for the lower tiers, and recoloring those, which I think is a good idea?

It could imagine those to be small sets. Like a tiara, necklace, bracelet set, or pet sets like seperate butterflies on hand, shoulder and the upper right corner. So for example in may it's the butterflies in magenta, in june the jewelry set, july idk... wing set, august brings back the butterflies in blue, september the jewelry in a new recolor ... something like that :)

THough those would require quite a few new items :mcheh: giving out a single item in three recolors for the 5, 10, 15 tiers and a couple months later in three different recolors would surely work as well!

Firn, how about conducting a survey, like back then with the food surveys, for people's favorite colors and color combos? That might help with determining the tiers, or what colors to use in the first place

(2) (0)
Please visit my Trading thread
:qstar:

I'm offering these current/recent TT items:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 31st, '17, 22:40    

Illustrator
Firn

Yeah, I thought about a color survey once, but I think it is impossible to get any results that are helpful, just because we have so many colors and so many color combinations. We currently have 75 colors. That's how many possible combinations? Over 2000 I think? There is no point in having a survey with so many options on a user base scale as we have, as we would not get clear and therefore useful results. (And the survey needs to be coded and starkad is freaking out and getting mad at me for every single think I ask him for... :mcsweat: )
As for the colors, I get a pretty good idea about which colors are popular just from looking at what items in what color are bought the most often in shops. As for combinations that's a bit more tricky.

I still think, as I said, just doing different colors will be best.

(2) (0)

Posted: Aug 31st, '17, 23:27    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 30096
you could use survey monkey to make the survey! I have used that in the past for my school assignments

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 31st, '17, 23:32    

Illustrator
Firn

Carrot Cake wrote:you could use survey monkey to make the survey! I have used that in the past for my school assignments
But the free option only lets you chose 10 answers, so pretty useless for a color survey that would need over 2000 possible anwers. :mcheh: Even if we just asked about favorite colors and not color combinations, that would still be 75.
(And, as said, I believe a survey of that scale would be pointless - If you have over 2000 possible answers, you need a lot more people to participate in the survey, or you don't get useful data. Only around 500 users took part in our last survey)

(3) (0)

Posted: Sep 5th, '17, 17:56    

Bononn

Hugs: 74690
Mood: Buy Wishlist Items
about the ideas..
we have this poll option here right now,
could be get a summary of the "ways" maybe?
Its hard finding in all those,which idea is what x_x
so not sure what to vote for..
and getting for "all are bad" just because i dont have a clear idea of what is meant is a bit bad.. i wasnt able to determine those ideas ,even yb reading the whole thread in row '-'
i just got more confused and i am not really fond of anything to be honest..
But giving your voice is hard if you're not sure about what is meant actually^^

So would it be possible to get a post with all ideas collected, for that we can vote in this thread?

(0) (0)
Dream Avatars... (bold means most wanted of those..)

I NEED:Foxrell Ears (Mocha) -Foxrell Tail (Mocha) - Lady Antoinette Eyes (Blue Iris) -Opera Gown (Fuchsia)

Wild Knuffel Spoiler Thread

Looking to buy some TT/MT Sets...(click here)
Paying in FC/ FP..Please take a look..
TRADE some of my MT/TT items against Wishlist Items. Please look

Please stop asking me for double Queen Gifts Items.Starting October 2017 i wont buy more FC than i need anymore! Thanks^^

ImageBonBons with Cookies & Tea!-> My new HangOut Thread.Please join^^Image

Posted: Sep 5th, '17, 18:29    

KimiLavender

Hugs: 71283
Mood: plague
Bon, the options in the poll are just the ones outlined in the first post :mchappy: So Option 1 is a cumulative gift, Option 2 is the multi-tier gifts, Option 3 is bonus FC, and Option 4 is sales.

(1) (0)
~My Quests~
~Coupon Trading Center~
~Selling WK Items~

Please don't clicks the wilds :qf: They've gotten all confused

Frosty Castle Image Kofk Outreach

Buying Doughnut Items!
Image 16/?

[ 63 posts ]