Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 63 posts ] 
new donations system up!
Im excited  35%  [ 24 ]
Im gonna donate  10%  [ 7 ]
I just want food  54%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 68
 Post subject: Re: More incentive to donate?
Posted: Aug 24th, '17, 16:18    

memoriam

Hugs: 217135
Mood: Mood.
@Zia: I know, it would fit the theme :qlol: But I thought Rose Gold also does, it's just a different type of Gold, right? :qw:

Miky's suggestion about troth tent item sounds interesting. Not sure how it would work tho. I suppose it would require a few months of trial. But it doesn't seem too risky to try it out either.

(1) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Aug 25th, '17, 00:31    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 29866
I actually don't think the troth tent item would be incentive cause those would be cumulative right?

So I know that eventually it will get filled without my help! I also probably couldnt afford the item in the troth tent after since I usually spend all my points on the month's limited item than permanent ones.

Im not trying to bash it just I know it would not encourage me at all.

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 25th, '17, 09:18    

Sunlight

Hugs: 116883
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
@memoriam Yeah, it's true. And Rose Gold would definitely be more popular and so I did consider suggesting that one, but then I thought,
is Rose Gold worth less than regular Gold? and figured silver and bronze was more obvious for a smaller reward choice. But Firn could also go with smaller and bigger reward and go silver for 10FC, Gold for 20FC, and then Rose Gold for 40FC, as well.

(0) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: Aug 25th, '17, 10:11    

Carrot Cake

I don't understand why it needs to fit a theme of first, second, third place.
I think we should look at it more of the mentality as a reward to users for donating so in turn make them colors that are popular and people would like.... Trying to enforce first/second/third place would leave us with colors that no one would want to use and thus no one would donate for. Leaving us back to square one. Remember this was about having people who can donate little have incentive to donate for the lower tiers.

If you really want a reason/theme behind this extra step of donation other than a simple thank you for the users then as my original post suggests it could be a princess's gift and you can say oh "rose gold is her favorite color hence why this gift will be that color".

Also you definitely misunderstand my original post if you think I was asking for even a higher tier for donations reward. Just because rose gold might be more popular shouldn't make it more expensive. If anything why not make it the lesser fc option because then more users will donate at least that amount to get it. Making it more accessible... and the site getting additional donations than they would.

And if 20 users donate enough for 5fc versus 1 user donating enough for 40fc you will have earned more by the 20 users than that 1.
(250 dollars vs 100 dollars;Of course this doesn't take in account the % paypal takes but I doubt it will equal 151 dollars to make difference not true)

And it being lower tier also helps getting extras of that color to trade and such especially for the big donators... they would get two of this color after donating 25fc. This way you are adding more of this item into the market for people who couldn't donate at all. Popular colors are always in demand and would be a good investment for big donators for future.

Edit: another counterarguement for the 40fc tier is that it will take away people who want 2 queen's gift... so if they want doubles of everything they would need to donate 200$ every month. The original idea I had supported that everyone will get doubles of ALL tiers if they donate enough for two queen's gift (i.e. 100$ per month).

(0) (1)

Posted: Aug 25th, '17, 14:35    

memoriam

Hugs: 217135
Mood: Mood.
I never considered a higher tier of donations (40 :fc: ) and I must agree with Carrot on this one. It would probably discourage people, at least I know it would discourage me a lot. I'm a person who can barely donate at all, so even reaching 5 coins will be a butt for me. But if an item (I suppose the tier for 5 :fc: will be in Silver) will be nice, I may try and donate for 5 coins.

The thing is, we already have a reward for big donators :qhehe: Besides, let's not forget rose gold may be more expensive IRL than regular yellow gold, but here they are just colors, so maybe let's leave them at that. :qw:

I think it's better to choose popular colors for the rewards rather than sticking with the gold-silver-bronze theme. For 1, Firn would have to come up with a new color for this one. 2, Silver is already not a very popular color (a shame in my opinion, but what can you do? :qt: ) and I'm afraid bronze wouldn't be any different. So bronze items would be a small (if any) incentive to donate. The prize theme doens't have to be gold-slver-bronze. Rose Gold is also a precious metal, and a popular color, so I think it would fit just fine :qcute:

(3) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Aug 27th, '17, 13:01    

Sunlight

Hugs: 116883
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
I'm sorry, but I wasn't saying that it needed to fit a theme. I just thought it would be cool if it did, since Gold is already one of the colours. I would honestly make a donation gift rainbow coloured if it were up to me just to make it distinct and clear from other items that can be bought from a shop. I just wanted to add a theme that I thought was fun while we were at it since the Queen's gift is already Gold. I guess other people don't find it as entertaining as I do. And that's fine.

But I don't understand why having a higher tier gift would discourage people from donating. Maybe no one would donate to get the higher tier gift. But I don't understand why that would make less people would donate to get the 20 FC gift or for the smaller tier gift of 10 FC gift (remember I didn't suggest ONLY adding a higher tier gift but both a smaller tier and a higher tier. My thought was that we'd add an option for those who like to donate in bulk but don't want doubles, like myself, as well as those who can't donate in bulk but like to make smaller donations over time). I do understand why people may want to keep it as it is so they can get doubles of the queen's gift,
in which case we can stagger the prizes. How about 3-9-20 or 9-20-41?

I do like the idea of choosing a favourite colour for Walla and making the smaller tier gift the Princess's Gift. We could have a King's Gift for the third tier, too -- whether we make it higher tier or a mid tier -- and choose a colour for Kylian, as well. It's a very cute idea. Walla wears red and gold but maybe it could be a colour she likes but she doesn't think looks good on her.
I do like Blue Iris but in real life I don't wear many colours in that shade because I don't think it looks good with my skin colour, after all.

(2) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: Aug 27th, '17, 14:42    

Bononn

Hugs: 74585
Mood: Buy Wishlist Items
Firn wrote: However, I am not seeing any harm in the idea of rewarding smaller donations with an extra item, apart from me having to come up with more items each month. So this is something I could imagine for this site.
i was thinking about similar things again (did back then before my hiatus and now again)..
How about,instead of making more new items,that you can just add an OLDER MT or TT item (just one in a random color that was in the TT for a while) that we would get then?

Like Buying 10 FC we can not get the QG but instead we might be able to get something of older TT/MTs, that exist already,sounds really nice to me.
Since you started recoloring and editing the queens gifts,instead of making new items...how about we can get the original item with 10FC?

example for this month would be:
i donate 10 FC and get the original toghu hair (or one of the mini set colors) and for 20FC the golden edited one..
(even though i would prefer random i guess, since it makes the chances highter getting something nice,even if you dont like the new gift...like this month lol)
But in addition i would like to get a random item from older sets each time i donate 10 FCs to be honest (since you might notice that i always leave a lot of money on this site) this simply would make it more fun for me and i think "oh great a new reward" each time..

[Maybe we should just get the gifts for donating 10, 30,50 since every 20 is a golden one already..or a random gift along with the golden one?..
Thus you dont need to make more new golden items than planned..
But then a new system would be nessecary,or not?
Because you give out the gifts by hand..wouldnt this increase your work then,if you have to give away a random item by each 10 FCs?(for the case it works and people actually donate more,which i hope..since i probably would,even if i dont like the gift for that month^^') ]

EXAMPLE 1
Queens Gift that month: Sakura BG Gold

Bon donates 10 FCs and get the original Sakura BG (or a random mini color)
Bon donates another 10 Cs and gets the golden gift background
[and maybe or not, another random color of the baclground]
[Bon donates another 10FC (30 in total) and gets another random Sakura BG]

EXMPLE 2
Queens Gift that month: Sakura BG Gold

Bon donates 10 FC and gets a random MT/TT item, this time:
Strawberry Eyes (just an example,its just important,that the item is "a bit" or much older..)
Bon donates another 10 FC and gets the golden sakura background
[maybe anothe old item,or not]
Bon donates again 10 FC (30 now) and gets an other random TT MT item thats older,example this time: Fire Gen 13 Eyes Ecru

This would actually make donating more fun and more locrative for me hope i chose the right english word lol)
Because i think "i get more for my money" and if i cant donate much,i at least have the feeling
"if i can buy even only 10 FC i still get a little extra reward for it,so i'll do it again next month"
For me the random thing would be more nice,because we dont get an overload with a special item per month then..
And my using older items, we get the chance to get our hands on items,we were not able to get before (especially newer users can get older things a bit easer)
for me adding lord wuffel to these items,would so make me donate XD because some older items we love,arent sold anymore since the users who have those,are not active anymore..

I hope it was understandable what i mean?
if not let me know,i try to use other words or more examples^^' Just woke up due to a nightmare,my head is still kinda messed up,but i absolutly wnated to take part in this XD

(2) (0)
Dream Avatars... (bold means most wanted of those..)

I NEED:Foxrell Ears (Mocha) -Foxrell Tail (Mocha) - Lady Antoinette Eyes (Blue Iris) -Opera Gown (Fuchsia)

Wild Knuffel Spoiler Thread

Looking to buy some TT/MT Sets...(click here)
Paying in FC/ FP..Please take a look..
TRADE some of my MT/TT items against Wishlist Items. Please look

Please stop asking me for double Queen Gifts Items.Starting October 2017 i wont buy more FC than i need anymore! Thanks^^

ImageBonBons with Cookies & Tea!-> My new HangOut Thread.Please join^^Image

Posted: Aug 27th, '17, 17:46    

Sonnentau

Hugs: 178558
Mood: Wissen hat kein Verfallsdatum
Firn wrote: However, I am not seeing any harm in the idea of rewarding smaller donations with an extra item, apart from me having to come up with more items each month. So this is something I could imagine for this site.
Maybe you could use the Thanks Headwings, in other color each Month, as an small reward for 10 FC´s?

and than is the big question, in my eyes, if we get both rewards when we donate for the 20 FC´s in one rush??

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 27th, '17, 19:15    

Fire

Hugs: 94719
Mood: Radi radi! Happy Holi!
Sunlight wrote:I do like the idea of choosing a favourite colour for Walla and making the smaller tier gift the Princess's Gift. We could have a King's Gift for the third tier, too -- whether we make it higher tier or a mid tier --
I love this idea, Sunlight! :mclove:
What if it was something like this:
Queen's Gift - 20FC - Previously released item in Gold (38E or 50USD)
King's Gift - 15FC - Previously released item in Silver, or the King's favorite color (28.50E or 37.50USD)
Princess' Gift - 10FC - Previously released item in Rose Gold, or Walla's favorite color (19E or 25USD)

(3) (1)
╰☆╮
Market |||Selling Forum |||Help me plan my trip to Japan!
x 21x Groundselx
╰☆╮

Posted: Aug 28th, '17, 23:35    

Carrot Cake

Can I ask for a 5fc option. That would 12.50$ USD

so 5fc, 10fc and 20fc

It increases by x2.

idk if I can be able to donate 10fc worth a lot... but 5fc seems more manageable.

Honestly for other sites that I mentioned in the original they have a thank you gift for 2.50$, 5.00$, 10.00$, 15.00$, 20.00$ and 30.00$. (And yes they still get the donation currency on top of the gifts). Im not saying that you have to that many here Im just saying maybe there should be lower dollar value amounts too. 25$ is still a little too high for me at the moment... maybe once in a while but not every month.

If anything a 5$ (2fc) one would be amazing for me... Cause I dont see myself donating more than enough for 1fc every month at this rate... but if there was gift for 2fc I would get that every month.

(1) (0)

[ 63 posts ]