Penguin  16%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 68
 Post subject: Re: Socially Awkward Club
Posted: Dec 2nd, '17, 23:04    

Vivacity

Hugs: 8778
Mood: job hunting is stressful
Twitter: asteribus
New York! :mcglee: I went there once back in college when my family wanted to do an East Coast trip/college visiting trip for my brother, and it seemed so exciting! What's it like living there? I was too intimidated to live there hehe so I decided to go with Boston instead when I moved out here. :mclaugh:

Oh woah 10 years is a long time! Have you eaten no fish either? I hope to hit the 10 year mark too one day...

(0) (0)
"Night is longer than day for those who dream and day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true." --Jack Kerouac

ImageImage

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 00:56    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 78523
I like it for the most part. I wouldn't mind being somewhere warmer with less snow though!

Nope, no fish either! I'm somewhere between very strict vegetarian and very lax vegan. I don't directly buy any eggs or dairy for myself, but I will eat small amounts of them in other things, especially if no one else will and it would get wasted otherwise.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 01:48    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43805
Mood: Boondocks
You must have perfect skin.
I have been meaning to give up most meat and all dairy but I just.. they taste so good... but I hear sooo much about how shit dairy is for your skin, same with meat that's not from a butcher. Antibiotics and all that.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 02:29    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 194029
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Oh, sounds like we're all from the states here. I'm on the west coast, aha.

I feel you, Ash. I don't plan on going vegan, but I do want to cut out more unhealthy foods (like red meats, sugary snacks, soda, coffee). It's so tough though!

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 02:32    

Sanssouci

My skin is actually awful, but that runs in the family lol! But yes, meat and dairy take such a toll on so many body parts, especially the heart! They're making more and more meat and dairy substitutes though, and they're making them better and better all the time too. So you can often find something that tastes just as good that's meat/dairy-free. Although a lot of it is more expensive and also processed, so a lot of it's not ideal either. But it's good for a treat or for when you're initially trying to give up meat or dairy. But if you can get into more of a rice, bean, fruit, and vegetable diet, then you can usually save a lot of money!

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 21:10    

Moi

Hugs: 326414
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I hope I can just drop in 8u

I really love fruits and vegetables.
I'd love a fridge full of them.
And I like things like granola and soy milk.
Though apparently soy milk is bad for you now????
I've been told rice milk is better.

I find it hard to trust things because one will say it's best for you, and others will say it's worst for you.
I usually go by "I'll eat what I want and if it kills me, meh \8u/"

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 21:22    

Sanssouci

Of course!

I love fruit. I love summer when it's all nice at cheap at the farmer's market especially! I don't eat quite as much of it in the winter.

Yeah, I hear so many conflicting things about soy! I don't eat a ton of it anyway, so I don't bother to avoid it either, you know? I've been drinking mostly almond milk or flax milk lately. I can't tell the difference between any of them anyway!

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 22:34    

Moi

Hugs: 326414
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I've been wanting to go to a farmer's market. I've heard a lot of positives about the fruits and vegetables u8

My dad and I were trying to lose weight, so he bought a lot of fruit for us to eat instead of junk (we were also exercising).
I told him I ate mine and he said "I ate mine too! With chocolate 8u"

I looked up soy milk, and I saw like "It can ruin your whole life \8u/"
I was kind of sad because I liked the soy milk I had been drinking.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 22:48    

Sanssouci

I go to this place that started out selling plants, but now they sell plants, and produce, and tea, and salsa, and clothes, and a bunch of stuff. They're really expensive, but they have the best and biggest selection of healthy plants around, and they have really great produce. And they have really high standards, so any produce that isn't absolutely perfect gets marked down. So I go there every weekend during the summer, and I usually get like two decent size bags of marked down produce for around $10. They only have produce from mid June to Octoberish though.

I want to exercise more. It gets so cold and so snowy here that it's hard to go outside to even walk. I'd really like a treadmill, but I don't really have the room for one right now, and they're so expensive!

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 4th, '17, 01:08    

Vivacity

Hugs: 8778
Mood: job hunting is stressful
Twitter: asteribus
Mhmm I can vouch for the rice, fruits, and vegetable diet! I don't eat beans as much, but I do lentils and nuts a lot! I feel you on the conflicting info about soy, especially since so many of my favorite vegetarian Chinese dishes are mostly tofu, but I'm going by the whole moderation thing hehe. :mcheh:

I've always been complimented about how clear my skin is, but I don't think it's based on my diet since it's always been like that even before I stopped eating meat. :mctongue: Just super lucky I guess!

On another, random, note, my super-pretty comforter that I had ordered online came in yesterday and I'm loving it so far. :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
"Night is longer than day for those who dream and day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true." --Jack Kerouac

ImageImage

[ 207 posts ]