Total votes : 38
 Post subject: Peony's Chill Apartment [Open!]
Posted: Jan 28th, '18, 15:44    

Peony

Hugs: 3906
Mood: Sleepy
Welcome to Peony's Apartment!
because, well, I live in an apartment almost all of my life

Since I am a poor bean, this will be a simple hangout where people are free to chat and whatnot. But I'll reserve some posts also in case of future arrangements :0 I will be sprucing up these posts later I guess lol.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Rules   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
1. Don't be mean.
2. I'll think of something else here I swear.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Regulars   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
What regulars ?? lol

I won't be lazy later on, I swear!

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Peony's Chill Apartment [Open!]

Peony

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Reserved!   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

(0) (0)

Peony

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Reserved!   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 28th, '18, 15:47    

Peony

I think this is good :0

Well, so how you've guys been? It's only the third week of school for me and I'm bushed, mostly because I've been worrying so much about my thesis! I have a terrible writer's block going on and I don't know how to get out of this funk > <

In other news, I recently acquired Etrian Odyssey Untold 2! Really happy with the game so far since it has a number of improvements :0

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 28th, '18, 17:34    

Her Ugliness

Hugs: 31816
Mood: ⊙﹏⊙
New Hangouts always seem to have such a hard time to start out!

What always helped me with my theses was to start with things I wanted to quote. I would pick out sentences out of books and write them down and then I would start building my thesis around them. That always worked quite well for me.

I've not heard of Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, but then again I don't even have a Nintendo 3DS. I have a normal Nintendo DS, but it was really a waste of money, since I don't really use it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 28th, '18, 17:40    

Peony

Well I do hope to keep it around c: So far school isn't so stressful that I can't keep this place in my list of go to places along with the other sites I frequent xD

Oh...actually, that's very interesting, I should try that! Honestly I feel that it's just been so long since I last wrote a paper, so I'm having a hard time getting back into the groove of academic writing ; w ; So much easier to write RP posts at times, haha.

Yeah it's a not very well-known series, but it is from a pretty popular company, Atlus. They're better known for the Persona series, or the Shin Megami Tensei series. Too bad that you didn't use your Nintendo DS that much, but then again I managed to use mine a lot because I had that rom hack thingy xD So I never bought any physical carts until I got the 3DS.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 28th, '18, 17:56    

Her Ugliness

You'll have to find a method that works for you. I can tell that what never worked well for me was starting a thesis from the beginning. The start for me was always scattered pieces here and there, because if you want to write the thesis from the beginning till the end and you are stuck at some point, you are, well, stuck. But like thsi I could just work on the parts that seemed easier to me or where I had a good idea and then at the end I would basically put everything together and fil out the parts I was missing.

I think I only ever bought the Nintendo to play the Final Fantasy games that were only available on the DS. But then I bought one and didn't even finish playing it. :mcheh: And after that I wasn't really interested in trying different games.
The name Atlus rings a bell for me. Are they also the ones doing the Alchemist series for the PS?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 28th, '18, 18:45    

Peony

That is true :0 Well, I managed to push myself to write some form of a beginning that I'm pretty satisfied with for now, but I feel that tomorrow if I read through it again I may dislike it xD Who knows. Definitely when I get something more going I'm gonna request some proof reading help from Flight Rising or something. Unfortunately this thesis is going to be rather long, but I guess 20-30 pages is not super daunting for a thesis? Idk, it sounds long but at the same time it doesn't.

Ohh yeah, I like the FF games! Except 12, I never really figured out how to play that one. I really enjoyed Tactics though.

I'm not sure about that one :0 When I read Alchemist I thought of Atelier but I don't think that's the same thing xD They made a lot of games though!

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 28th, '18, 19:24    

Her Ugliness

No, 20-30 pages doesn't sound that long to me. :mcheh:
I think around 25 pages was a standart length for papers when I went to university.

Whaaaat? Final Fantasy 12 is one of my favorite parts of the series! I am actually planning on playing it again in the remastered version, just hoping to buy it somewhere used for cheap. Right now it still costs so much to buy it new, even though it has been out for a long time already. I feel like that's the case with all PS4 games. PS3 games would drop in price much faster, so I have switched to buying the games used and even then they still seem to go for quite a lot.

Of all the series 10 and 13 were my least favorite. I actually disliked 10 so much, that I never played 10-2, even though I am such a hardcore Final Fantasy fan. Never dug that beach boy vibe and the story was so straight forward with so little to explore on your own and the characters weren't very likeable.
With 13 it was the same. Again there was nothing to explore on your own, you would just go from one point to another, fight some monsters inbetween and trigger the next cutscene. It didn't feel like I was doing much besides fighting monsters. And then there was Lightning- The worse Final Fantasy character of all time. I can't find a single thing to like about her. She just seems so cold? I usually tend to dislike female FF characters, because they are either "damsell in distress" or "arrogant bitch" (though that's a problem with female characters in games in general.) my favorite female character is actually Fran from FF12!

F13-2 was better, because there was much less Lightning in it and there was way more to explore on your own and I really liked the time travel aspect. Almost would have liked the game if the end didn't ruin it for me.
And 13 Lightning Returns was just meh. Again too much Lightning, more stuff to do on your own, but that stupid time limit that ruined everything for me! I was so scared that I would run out of time, that I ran through the game instead of enjoying exploring the world, doing all side quests, etc. like I usually do. And then in the end it turned out that I had much more time than I expected and I ended up having 3 whole days I just spend sleeping. :mcheh:
I also had a hard time fully understanding the story of all 13 parts. :mcheh:

I still wonder why out of all Final Fantasy parts 10 and 13 were the only ones to get sequel, since they are exactly the only ones I really don't like. Would have loved to have sequels of any other of the games, expect these two! With 13 I know that the sequel were planned from the start, no matter how popular the game would be, but with 10 - why was it so popular?

Yeah, I meant Atelier actually! Haha, didn't remember the name correctly. Just played one game of the series and remembered that you had to do alchemy stuff all the time and that I wasn't really fond of it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 29th, '18, 12:08    

Sunlight

Hugs: 118430
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
My favourite female FF character is Selphie from VIII. She's just so bubbly and happy.

I play Etrian Odyssey III The Drowned City sometimes. I haven't played it for a while, though. I'm tempted to just fill my party with princesses and monks, though. Probably will be low on power but at least they'll never die!

(0) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

[ 13 posts ]