what do you think?
yes!  47%  [ 26 ]
don't care  53%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: market statistics
Posted: Feb 6th, '18, 12:29    

Pernelle

Hugs: 55894
I think it would be way more convenient for the "this year" section of the statistics to be "past 12 months".
Since we're only one month into the new year, this section has a very different relevance now than it will have in August or December. Imho it would be better and clearer if that section drew from the same time period all year long, rather than changing span basically every day.

Also, could the FC sales be included in the graph? You could add a second scale to the y-axis and make the FC graph a different color. I think it would be very helpull to know when the FC sale happened, so you can roughly estimate what the FC value was at the time (if you payed a bit of attention to FC prices at least). Because an item selling for 3 FC in 2011 indicates a very different value than if it were sold for 3 FC today. And if an item sold for 1 FC once and 3 FC another time, it would be helpfull to know what sale happened first :mcheh:

(2) (0)
Please visit my Trading thread
:qstar:

I'm offering these current/recent TT items:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: market statistics
Posted: Feb 6th, '18, 12:51    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214163
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
I will forward the suggestions to starkad. I agree especially with narrowing down the time frame for sales. I am not sure it is a display problem for items that get sold frequently, or whether it's actually a glitch, but I know that for example a lot of fairy coins have been sold for less than 100K for the past 2 weeks, yet the graph looks completely different.

(1) (0)

Posted: Feb 6th, '18, 13:02    

Pernelle

Hugs: 55894
Oh wow, you're right, the FC sales look like the current minimum is 80k :mcomg: Would definitely make sense to stretch that out a little more so all the sales are actually visible!

I actually meant when items are sold for FC though (sorry, bad wording, I completely see how you understood something else). Because the sales of item X for FC don't display in the graph, only the sales for FP do. So I think a second graph for sales for FC would be handy

(1) (0)
Please visit my Trading thread
:qstar:

I'm offering these current/recent TT items:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Feb 6th, '18, 13:08    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214163
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Yes, I think the 80K minimum is not too unrealistic (Though I did at least two "test sales" with 40K through the market from my mule to myself, because I thought something was wrong and they do not show at all), but I haven't seen a sale for 160K, even though the graph makes it look like this was what multiple FC sold for recently. But there have been plenty for around 90K in the market lately and they have even been sitting there for a few days, so why would anyone buy one for 160K when there are much cheaper ones available and why wouldn't the 90K sales show more? I know there were a lot for that price. I wanteched the FC sales pretty closely lately, because I wanted to see whether the Knuffel auctions had an effect of FC prices so the graph somehow doesn't add up with what I saw.

( EDIT: At least I figured this one out, in case anyone wondered. Starkad built the statistic so that they would not show the real average price, but always the highest price the item was sold on a day on the graph. So, even if 20 Fairy Coins got sold for 20K on one day, but one for 200K on the same day, the graph would only show the 200K one, even though that was not the average price. At least that's fixed, in case anyone is wondering why the graphs might have changed. )

Yes, I understood what you meant with the FC sales. I will also forward this suggestion to starkad, though I think it is a less urgent one - items don't get sold for FC that often in general.

(2) (0)

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 04:06    

Jill Valentine

Hugs: 136913
Mood: (≧◡≦)
i like the idea ♥

(0) (1)
Feed/Play with my knuffels and win :food:! <---- :food: Win Free :food:

[ 5 posts ]